5th August 2015, 02:31 PM
Unregistered

How can I study M.Sc(Astrophysics) being a B.Sc(Applied Physics) candidate? Minimum marks required to get admission? List of colleges in India?

Sir,
I am doing B.Sc in Applied Physics. After this I want to do M.Sc in Astrophysics. For this how much marks I need to acquire in B.Sc? Which are the M.Sc(Astrophysics) colleges in India? How I can apply for this M.Sc course?

30th August 2015, 12:55 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I study M.Sc(Astrophysics) being a B.Sc(Applied Physics) candidate? Minimum marks required to get admission? List of colleges in India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I am doing B.Sc in Applied Physics. After this I want to do M.Sc in Astrophysics. For this how much marks I need to acquire in B.Sc? Which are the M.Sc(Astrophysics) colleges in India? How I can apply for this M.Sc course?
Yes, of course you are eligible to apply for M.Sc in Astrophysics after completing B.Sc Applied Physics. Those candidates who have studied Physics and Mathematics subjects in 12th standard and Graduation are eligible to apply for M.Sc in Astrophysics.

Eligibility Criteria:

- A Bachelor’s degree in the Science stream with Physics and Mathematics as a main subject or its allied field is required to apply for Master of Science in Computer Science program.

- To get admission in Top universities one should have score more than 60% of marks in the Graduation level. The applicant should have obtained this qualification from any recognized institute as well.

List Colleges Offering M.Sc in Astrophysics Course:

1:Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Pune

2:Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Bangalore

3:Birla Institute of Technology & Sciences, Pilani

4:Punjab University

5:Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore

6:Raman Research Institute, Bangalore

7:Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics, Pune

8:National Centre for Radio Astronomy
31st August 2015, 12:45 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I study M.Sc(Astrophysics) being a B.Sc(Applied Physics) candidate? Minimum marks required to get admission? List of colleges in India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
Yes, course you are eligible to apply for M.Sc in Astrophysics after completing B.Sc in Applied Physics. The eligibility needed to join this M.Sc in Astrophysics course is a Bachelor Degree in Science stream with Physics as a main subject from a recognized university. The admission criteria for M.Sc in Astrophysics is based on the marks obtained in the entrance exam conducted by the respective university.

Admission to the M.Sc in Astrophysics is done on the basis of an admission test. The following are the steps included in the admission procedure:

- Written Test (Objective type)
- Group Discussion
- Personal Interview
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?