14th September 2011, 10:15 PM
Unregistered

Which are the institutes in India offering Astrophysics? How ca I prepare for it?

i hav done my B.tech in Electronics & Telecommunication Engg. i wanna do my higher study in Astrophysics. what r the institutes in India for Astrophysics??? how can i prepare for this ???

Related Questions:
  1. Institutes offering M.Sc+Ph.D in Astrophysics programme in India? When the entrance exam will be conducted?
  2. Names of the institutes offering integrated MSc Ph.D degree in India for Astrophysics?
  3. Any colleges in India, America, Canada, Australia, Singapore offering B.Tech Astrophysics?
  4. Top institutes offering M.Sc. Physics and career options in astrophysics and optics? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Colleges under Pondicherry university offering integrated M.Sc in Astrophysics?
  6. Which are the colleges in India offering the course in Astrophysics? What should I do in order to opt for Astrophysics?
  7. Entrance exam, eligibility and procedure to get admission in colleges offering Astrophysics course in India? -- [New]
  8. What are the career opportunities in Astrophysics? Which are the colleges offering Astrophysics in Kerala?
  9. Career opportunities in Astrophysics and Optics? Good institutes offering MSc in Physics? What is the admission in procedure?
  10. Scope of Astrophysics in India? Names of the institutes which offer master program in Space Program research opportunities?
  11. Colleges offering B.Sc in Astrophysics?
  12. List of colleges in India which are offering Astrophysics(BSc course)? Procedure for admission in those colleges?
  13. Best institutes to pursue PG in UK/USA in Astrophysics?
  14. List of top institutes offering MSc in Astrophysics and Nuclear Physics?
  15. How can I do post graduate studies in Astrophysics in UK after B.Sc in physics in India?
  16. What kind of opportunities are available after completing MSc Astrophysics? What would be the range of salary? Names of institutes offering the course?
  17. Join Astrophysics after B.Tech Electrical and Electronics? Which exams need to be written and colleges offering the course? Is it necessary to do Ph.D after completion of MSc Astrophysics?
  18. Which is the best institution in India to study astrophysics? How is the scope for astrophysics in India?
15th September 2011, 10:33 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which are the institutes in India offering Astrophysics? How ca I prepare for it?

There are some very high profiled institutions all over India:

1:Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Pune

2:Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Bangalore

3:Birla Institute of Technology & Sciences, Pilani

4:Punjab University

5:Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore

6:Raman Research Institute, Bangalore

7:Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics, Pune

8:National Centre for Radio Astronomy

9:Osmania University,Hyderabad

10:Andhra University

11:Institute of Fundamental Research, Tamil Nadu

Some Institutions in US like:

1:University of Alabama

2:Arizona State University

3:University of Arizona

4:Ball State University

5:University of California; Los Angeles,Barceley,San Diego

6:Boston University
etc
8th November 2011, 12:24 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which are the institutes in India offering Astrophysics? How ca I prepare for it?

How i can get admission in bsc astrophysics is there any entrance exam
20th November 2011, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

Do i have to write an entrance exam...?? if so what would be the syllabus...???
11th June 2012, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

Which college are offered master degree in astrophysics?
19th October 2017, 04:03 PM
Unregistered

I done my M.tech without Gate score and secured first class. Am i eligible for getting admission in phd astrophysics at IIA/IIST or any other government authorized institution? or is it necessary to have a Gate score???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?