26th May 2012, 01:07 AM
Unregistered

Can I do Ph.d in Astrophysics after MCA? I am interested in Astrophysics

can i do phd in astrophysics after mca am interested in astrophysics i have studied physics ,maths ,chemistry and biology in +2 level please help me in this regard what can i do continue my career in astrophysics field .

Related Questions:
  1. Can I do Ph.d in Astrophysics after MCA?
  2. How can I do Ph.D in both Astrophysics and Nanotechnology? How may I do both in a sequence with Astrophysics first?
  3. Detailed information and eligibility to apply in JEST to study PhD in Astrophysics for M.Sc(Astrophysics) postgraduate?
  4. Can I study M.Sc in Astrophysics if pursue B.Sc in Physics?
  5. List of universities which offer PhD in Astrophysics in India
  6. Colleges for masters degree in astrophysics? correspondence course in astrophysics? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Am I eligible to study PhD in Astrophysics if pursuing M.Sc in Physics after completed B.Sc(Computer Science)? -- [New]
  8. Universities offering Integrated M.Tech+Ph.D in Astrophysics programme for MCA graduate?
  9. What should I do to opt for MSc in Astrophysics in US after B.Tech?
  10. Is it possible to join NASA after studying PhD in Astrophysics?
  11. Which is better among B.Tech Aeronautical engineering and B.sc Astrophysics?
  12. What shall I do after completion of B.Sc in Physics?
  13. List of universities which offer M.Sc in Astrophysics to B.Sc(Physics) candidate in India and Abroad? Eligibility to get admission?
  14. How to do Ph.D in Astrophysics?
  15. Does Osmania University offer M.Sc. in Astrophysics? Can I do this course after B.Tech.?
  16. Any colleges in India, America, Canada, Australia, Singapore offering B.Tech Astrophysics?
  17. Join Astrophysics after B.Tech Electrical and Electronics? Which exams need to be written and colleges offering the course? Is it necessary to do Ph.D after completion of MSc Astrophysics?
  18. How can I become a scientist in Astrophysics after passing 11th
26th May 2012, 05:50 PM
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Can I do Ph.d in Astrophysics after MCA? I am interested in Astrophysics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can i do phd in astrophysics after mca am interested in astrophysics i have studied physics ,maths ,chemistry and biology in +2 level please help me in this regard what can i do continue my career in astrophysics field .

Career in AstroPhysics

Astrophysics is a branch of Astronomy which deals with Study of the Celestial/ Heavenly Bodies in Space. To Pursue a Career in Astrophysics, One has to Join one Among the Many Institutes available in India to Withhold a Ph.D. degree.

Once you get a Ph.D Degree, You shall Appointed as a JRF( Junior Research Fellowship) / Research Scientist, Depending on your Abilities and Interest.

Quote:
can i do phd in astrophysics after mca am interested in astrophysics
Now, Coming to your Case, I'm not sure if the Institutes have an MCA degree in their List of Eligibilities, But You can Sure Try out and check for yourself. Here is the List of Instis which Offer a Degree in Astrophysics:
  • Aligarh Muslim University
  • Rashtrasant Tukdoji Maharaj Nagpur University
  • Patiala University
  • Andhra University
  • Physical Research Laboratory (PRL)
  • Punjab University
  • Raman Research Institute
  • Gulbarga University
  • S N Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences
  • Shivaji University
  • Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA)
  • Indian Institute of Geomagnetism
  • Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (A.R.I.E.S)
  • Bangalore University
  • Birla Institute of Technology
  • St. Xavier`s College
  • Cochin University of Science and Technology
  • Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University
  • Harish Chandra Research Institute
  • Mahatma Gandhi University
  • Osmania University
  • Indian Institute of Science (IISc)
  • Indian Institute of Technology
  • Inter University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (I.U.C.A.A.)
  • JNTU College of Engineering
  • Madurai Kamaraj University
  • Swami Ramanand Teerth Marathwada University
  • Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
  • Tezpur University
  • The Indira Gandhi National Open University
  • University of Chennai
  • University of Kolkata
  • University of Lucknow
Quote:
i have studied physics ,maths ,chemistry and biology in +2 level
Well that's a Plus Point. Because, a Career in Astrophysics requires the Following Essential Components:
  • Physics
  • Chemistry
  • Maths
  • Biology
  • Medicine
  • Computer science
Quote:
please help me in this regard what can i do continue my career in astrophysics field
My Suggestions are as Follows:
  • Since you are so Interested in this Field, you can Obtain a UG Degree from IEI (The Institution Of Engineers, India), and Later on proceed to get a Ph.D Degree from the Above said Intitutes.
  • Or you can also try one of the Summer Programmes conducted by the IIA (Indian Institute of Astrophysics). There are Chances that Students may get Selected for Independent Projects at IIA, Bangalore during Months of May and July.
I have attached the Brochure of IIA for your Reference. You can get an Idea of their Requirements and information about the Institutes.

Hope this Helps,
Regards,

Nik!

Attached Files
File Type: pdf IIA Brochure English Version.pdf(5.98 MB, 547 views)
6th March 2013, 12:25 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I do Ph.d in Astrophysics after MCA? I am interested in Astrophysics

what are the qualifications that are required to apply astrophysics?
25th May 2013, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I do Ph.d in Astrophysics after MCA? I am interested in Astrophysics

mca students can do phd in physics
15th August 2019, 06:16 PM
Unregistered

Can i do phd in astrophysics ., now I have completed bsc physics and ms from vit university please guide.
11th August 2020, 07:19 AM
Unregistered

Can I do PhD in Physics or Chemistry after MCA...? Because I am interested in physics and chemistry and I have Physics Chemistry and Maths at 2 level...Please help me as I am school teacher and I want to teach chemistry or physics in 2 level upto 10th I am teaching maths and science...Now I want to switch my profile from department of computer science to depertment of physics or chemistry....Please suggest me I am very confused
14th November 2020, 08:00 AM
Unregistered

Can I do PhD in astrophysics after msc physics(material sciences)?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?