19th July 2011, 02:00 PM
lovey agrawal

Best way for preparation for GATE? What should I do? What are the career options available for me after doing M.Tech?

helo sir...sir i want to ask what z d best way to prepare for gate....its my dream to study in iit...also i 'll not be able to arrange for a coaching...so tell me what shud i do??
also tell me about the carrer options that i can have after doing mtech

Related Questions:
  1. What are the career options for M.Tech after scoring 474 in GATE with 96.96 percentile?
  2. Can I do M.Tech after B.E.? Is GATE compulsory? -- [New]
  3. Career options after Graduation in Mechanical Engineering?
  4. Can I join Aeronautical Engineering after doing B.E in Electronics and Telecommunication?
  5. Which are the best coaching institutes for GATE preparation for Electronics Stream?
  6. Career options available other then M.Tech or MBA?
  7. Procedure to get enrolled for M.Tech Mechanical course degree? What is the date of the entrance exam?
  8. Books to be referred for GATE? I am a B.Tech 4th year student
  9. After B.tech. what are all the options? Jobs, Exams, Higher Studies? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. What are the career options and opportunities after completing M.E in Electronics? I have completed B.E
  11. Career options and opportunities after completing M.E in Electronics?
  12. Is it useful to do M.Tech after work experience?
  13. List of the colleges offering M.Tech course in Electronics apart from IITs and NITs? When should I start preparation for GATE? List of the best GATE coaching classes in Mumbai?
  14. Postgraduate Courses after Msc?
  15. What are the career options for me after completion of B.Tech course?
  16. How can I get admission in M.tech without qualifying GATE?
  17. Am I eligible to sit for campus interview of company after scoring 1st class or 60% aggregate? Career options available after engineering? Do I need any special preparation?
  18. Does GATE be the only Entrance Exam to join M.Tech? Career Opportunities after doing M.Tech? Will Companies hire on the basis of GATE score?
16th September 2011, 09:22 AM
hrushi614

Default Re: Best way for preparation for GATE? What should I do? What are the career options available for me after doing M.Tech?

hi friend,
your aim is so good. But to get a seat in gate is not easy but not that much difficult. If you go for coching center there chances of getting good rank pretty easy and also gain knowledge about subjects. If you have any chance means you go for coaching center. The best coaching ceneter is ACE which is in hyderabad.
you have to through all b.tech subjects. To get gate previous question papers you search website fadooengineers.com.
After M.Tech you have lots of job oppertunities in software and government jobs

all the best
19th December 2011, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Best way for preparation for GATE? What should I do? What are the career options available for me after doing M.Tech?

im doing bsc(hons.) chemistry course will gate is important for me as a career plan please give me correct advice
25th January 2012, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for gate exam after complete graduation?
22nd July 2012, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

what are the opportunities after the completion of gate and what are the jobs offered in the companies
29th July 2012, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir
I want to prepare for GATE but is very much confused as to prepare it because I can't join any coaching class as I have to attend my college.
I am in final year and I want to do it by correspondance course.Please guide me.
30th July 2012, 05:34 PM
savan kumar chaitanya

to get a seat in gate is not easy but not that much difficult. If you go for coching center there chances of getting good rank pretty easy and also gain knowledge about subjects. If you have any chance means you go for coaching center. The best coaching ceneter is ACE which is in hyderabad.
you have to through all b.tech subjects. To get gate previous question papers you search website fadooengineers.com.
30th July 2012, 08:44 PM
supriyagade20

gate is vary nice option after B.E or B.Tech, if you relay study for gate ...you join coching for best score , proper guidance.
after gate there are lot many option..like
1.you join iit,niit(best score).it vary good option
2.gate score consider for government job.
3.if you crack gate ,then it is easy to crack government exam like DRDO,BHEL,BSNL,RRB.
30th July 2012, 10:09 PM
Srikar achill

Sir,your aim is so good. But to get a seatin gate is not easy but not that muchdifficult. If you go for coching center there chances of getting good rank pretty easy and also gain knowledge about subjects. If you have any chance means you go for coaching center. The best coaching ceneter is ACE which is in hyderabad.
31st July 2012, 12:24 AM
karthik.mm
Member+

Dear Friend

The procedure to prepare for GATE Exams are as follows:-

The GATE tests the basic knowledge that you possess in various fields.
So you should prepare thoroughly by understanding the basics and fundamentals of the subject.

The questions are derivations and applications of these basics.
Be careful to note that mugging formulas does not help, as the questions are not on jotting them down.

They test your ability to derive conclusions from the basic formulas and how good you are at applying them to solve questions.

The first step is to understand the basics and know their applicability.

The second step is to practice. Solve previous year's papers, mock question papers, and various test available.

This will not only help practicing what you have studied, but also give you an understanding of the question paper format, aid in time management and not work you up on the test day.

You will know what to expect as far as the format is concerned. It will also reveal your weak and strong areas, and thus you can then concentrate on those.

Solving previous years papers gives you a fair idea of what the actual paper would be like. It also brushes up your basics and exposes your areas of improvement.

Solve as many test papers as possible. This actually is the best way to keep improving as you prepare for GATE

You should set up a real test ambiance while solving papers, with no breaks, no disturbance and set time. This is a very effective arrangement, and duplicates the real test environment, thus preparing you better.

To clear the GATE, you need a few months of dedicated practice and study. Knowing the basics of all years and your subject well is the key to crack the GATE.

Importance of GATE Exam

Good campus placements are available with attractive salary packages in IISC or IIT’S if you get good score in GATE exam.

Some of the prestigious organizations like INDIAN OIL CORPORATION & BARC, Mumbai call for interviews for scientist jobs, based on GATE score/percentiles.
Those who get good GATE scores, are generally selected.

You will get scholarship of Rs.8000/- per month if you are qualified in GATE and studying M Tech in IISC or IIT’s.

You will get an UGC scholarship of Rs.5000/- per month if you are qualified in GATE and studying M Tech in any college, based on GATE score

After Completion of M tech You will get selected or can apply in:-
  1. Corporate side
  2. Private sectors
  3. Govt.sectors
  4. IT side

All the best
6th October 2012, 11:07 PM
Unregistered

sir i have reservation.how many marks should i get to enter into nit and what are the scoring subjects.i belong to eee
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?