12th August 2012, 05:27 PM
kgkumang

Which is better between Aerospace and Aeronautical engineering?

which is better aero space or aeronautical engenering...please tel me whch one is it

Related Questions:
  1. What are the possibilities of joining aeronautics?
  2. How can I study MS(Aerospace Engineering) in Abroad after completing B.E.(Aeronautical Engineering)? -- [New]
  3. Colleges which offer Aeronautics abroad? How can I apply?
  4. Difference between Aerospace and Aeronautical Engineering? What is the highest salary that an Aeronautical Engineering would earn?
  5. Is pursuing Aerospace Engineering more beneficial than Aeronautical Engineering?
  6. Can I get admission in B.E. in Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering after diploma in CSE?
  7. How to take admission for aerospace or aeronautical engineering? I have scored 70% aggregate
  8. Can I do M.Tech in Aerospace Engineering/Aeronautical Engineering after doing BSc Aviation?
  9. Diploma courses in the field of aeronautical and aerospace engineering in Hyderabad
  10. List of engineering colleges along with their details offering B.Tech course with aeronautical and aerospace engineering stream? I have done 12th with 55% marks in PCM from Chhattisgarh board
  11. Do the aerospace and aeronautical engineering valuable or not?
  12. Can I do Aerospace or Aeronautical engineering after diploma in Civil?
  13. Can I get admission in Aeronautical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering after 12th?
  14. How to change the branch from Aeronautical engineering to aerospace in different university? Is it possible to do? What is the procedure?
  15. Is Aerospace Industry Good For Career and Evergreen? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Can I do M.Tech in Aerospace or Aeronatical Engineering?
  17. Can I do MS in Aerospace engineering after B.Sc?
  18. After B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering can I do M.Tech in Aeronautical or Aerospace Engineering?
17th September 2012, 08:14 PM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Which is better between Aerospace and Aeronautical engineering?

Hello,
Aerospace Engineering deals with the studies of Aircrafts that are used within the Earth atmosphere as well as outside the the Earth's environment,i.e,SPACE.As the word SPACE in itself describes it.

Aerospace engineering includes the studies of missiles,satellites, spacecrafts, space stations,rockets etc.It has more deep studies than the Aeronautical Engineering.

Aeronautical Engineering includes the studies of the designing and development of the AIRCRAFTS that fly within the Earth's atmosphere only.So it has limlited range of studies when compared to AEROSPACE Engineering.

So in a way we can say that AEROSPACE Engineering is a broader subject than Aeronautical Engineering.

After Aerospace Engineering one can get chance in organizations like ISRO,NASA.Whereas Aeronautical Engineering will also provide options in Aviation industries like in the aircraft manufacturers industries,Defence etc.

So it is a little hard to define what is better because both have similarities with one having a little wider range of studies involved in it.

Good Luck.
17th September 2012, 08:52 PM
Arpit_30
Senior Member+

Aerospace engineering includes the studies of missiles,satellites, spacecrafts, space stations,rockets etc.It has more deep studies than the Aeronautical Engineering.

Aeronautical Engineering includes the studies of the designing and development of the AIRCRAFTS that fly within the Earth's atmosphere only.So it has limlited range of studies when compared to AEROSPACE Engineering.

So in a way we can say that AEROSPACE Engineering is a broader subject than Aeronautical Engineering.
17th September 2012, 08:57 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend....

Aerospace engineering and aeronautical engineering are very similar disciplines, there are numerous overlaps in technology, the people who work in the sector and the skills and knowledge required of engineers. When you consider all of these similarities, it is no wonder that many people often confuse the two professions. However, there is a significant difference between aerospace engineering and aeronautical engineering

Similarities : -
The largest similarity between aerospace engineering and aeronautical engineering is that both professions focus on flight. Both areas of engineering study flight stability, aerodynamics and aircraft control, as well as traditional engineering issues. Engineers of both stripes typically earn a bachelor's degree in mechanical, computer or electrical engnieering before attaining an advanced degree in aerospace or aeronautical engineering. They are then employed by private aviation companies, the armed services of other governmental entities.

The Main Difference : -

The main difference between aerospace and aeronautical engineering can be summed up very simply, according to Bruce R.White, dean of the College of Engineering at University of California, Davis. "Aeroanutical engineering tends to focus on flight and activities within an atmosphere, "White said, "while aerospace engineering includes the atmosphere, but also extends into application in space where there is no atmosphere."
17th September 2012, 09:42 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Aerospace Engineering is the primary branch of engineering concerned with the design, construction and science of Aircraft and spacecraft. It is divided in to two major and overlapping branches i.e. Aeronautical and Astronomical Engineering. The former deals with aircraft within the earth's atmosphere and the later with aircraft that operate outside earth.

Aerospace Engineering deals with the design, construction and study of the science behind the forces and physical properties of aircraft, rocket, flying craft and spacecraft. The field also covers their aerodynamic characteristics and behaviors, airfoils, control surface, lift, drag and other properties.

While Aeronautical Engineering was the original term, the broader aerospace has superseded it in usage as flight technology advanced to include craft operating in outer space.

So it is difficult to say which is better one as both the Engineering has equal importance in its respective field.
24th September 2012, 01:13 PM
mustafa tahasildar
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgkumang View Post
which is better aero space or aeronautical engenering...please tel me whch one is it
Aerospace engineering includes the studies of missiles,satellites, spacecrafts, space stations,rockets etc.It has more deep studies than the Aeronautical Engineering.Aeronautical Engineering includes the studies of the designing and development of the AIRCRAFTS that fly within the Earth's atmosphere only.So it has limlited range of studies when compared to AEROSPACE Engineering.
10th August 2014, 02:22 PM
Unregistered

can i join aerospace at srm university after completion of dme?plz!help me to take next step.!
10th August 2014, 02:26 PM
Unregistered

can i join aerospace at srm university after completion of dme?plz!help me to take next step.!
18th June 2015, 05:17 PM
Unregistered

Can a student of BE in electronics and communication do ME in aeronautics
17th May 2016, 05:35 PM
Unregistered

I completed 12th and secured 145cutoff. Is this mark eligible for aerospace engineering??
24th May 2016, 08:21 PM
Unregistered

What should be the min but off marks to join aerospace or aeronautics?
7th November 2016, 12:15 AM
Unregistered

HOW CAN I WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TO STUDY AEROSPACE ENGINEERING IN THE US ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?