5th May 2011, 09:04 PM
avijit chauhan

Which is better between Civil and Electronics and Communication Engineering?

can you please tell me which is the better branch to opt on engineering : civil or electronic and communication?

6th July 2011, 10:41 AM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which is better between Civil and Electronics and Communication Engineering?

dear friend,

these both branches are good.

but according to the scope.
civil branch is better than the electronics.

because civil branch is the core branch. and it offers more government jobs than the electronics. due to the collapsing of the market of the fields related to the electronics , electronics branch is lagging behind than other branches of the engineering.

in the civil engineering there are different opportunities like construction and the jobs in the government field . in the civil branch you can establish your own construction industry.

so according to myself civil engineering is better than electronics engineering.

thanks and best luck
9th August 2011, 10:50 PM
sachin200792

Default Re: Which is better between Civil and Electronics and Communication Engineering?

Both the branches civil engineering and electronics and communication engineering are core branches.

Both the branches are good but in terms of scopes civil engineering branch is much better than Electronics and Communication Engineering. Civil Engineering has its scope in almost every field in today's date. Civil engineering branch offers more opportunities in government jobs and PSU's.

There is hardly one or two PSU which does not recruit the candidates of civil engineering. Civil has the maximum number of vacancies available in every sector whether it's government job or industrial. Even in the IES exam civil has the maximum number of vacancies available.

ECE also have scope but not as much as civil do have. ECE have many opportunities in IT companies and also in many of the PSU's but not in most of them.

So, scope wise civil is better than ECE.
26th December 2011, 03:05 AM
Unregistered

I STUDY 3 YEAR IN EC THEN I GO TO GO CIVIL ENGI. 4 YRS
I THINK.. CIVIL IS BETTER
IS MY EXPERIENCE
11th May 2012, 11:14 AM
Unregistered

Civil is better than E&C because of no of reasons. Firstly electronic field is advancing day by day,everyday there comes a new technology and an engineer who completes his degree today will not be able to cope up with the advancing technology some 10years later. With civil this is not a case.
12th June 2012, 10:13 PM
Unregistered

will it be safe by taking civil over e&c?
20th January 2013, 04:59 AM
Unregistered

hello sir i'm weak in drawing so which will prefer for me civil or ece???
21st March 2013, 11:58 PM
Unregistered

my branch is EC nd i wana change it to civil so juz wanted to know about its scope nd what can i do after 4 years ??????
19th June 2013, 02:48 PM
Unregistered

I have scored 905 in 12th and my rank in entrance is 10650 ,is it a gud decision to repeat for engineering entrance test ?
31st July 2013, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

i have taken the EC BRANCH, i want to change what can i do?
24th August 2013, 07:51 AM
Unregistered

Which branch have more earning civil or electronic engineering and electronic engineering is tough than civil
24th August 2013, 01:01 PM
anup2206am

Hello friend.

As all streams of engineering are good so it is better for you to make a choice between them that in which subjects you are good at
As engineering always depends upon one's subject of interest so it is better that you decide accordingly...
if u are good and have interest in electrical and electronic portion of physics than ECE will always be a better choice for you but if u good in mechanics and fluid portion of physics than there is no better choice than civil.

It is always a up hand as govt vacancy in civil engg is much more than electronic engg.
As india is a developing nation and its infrastructure growth is on a boom so now a days selection of civil engg. is has an advantage.

Always keep in mind about selection/choice of college during engineering.College with good infrastructure and more placement record should given a preference.

All the Best.
30th November 2013, 10:12 PM
Unregistered

I hve taken ECE CAN I CHANGE IT TO CIVIL FROM 2ND SEMISTER?
17th December 2013, 12:05 AM
Unregistered

yes,if u want to change ur branch ,, u have to clear all subject without remaining a kt, thn u can change ec into civil
16th January 2014, 05:07 PM
Unregistered

After polytechnic diploma in electronics can I go for civil engg. Degree course
2nd March 2014, 12:43 AM
Unregistered

I have graduated in electronics Engineering in 2013 but still jobless. I think I made a mistake in choosing right field before 4 years but fact is I am very interested in electronics, Robotics,physics,maths...........so what is the career after B.E. Electronics? How do I get job in any company as I am fresher........
31st March 2014, 09:37 AM
Unregistered

i need to know which is the best job with insteresting syllabus and has job opportunities in future according to civil engineer and electronic communication in future..my brother is in a hope to take cibil is that ok?
26th May 2014, 09:07 PM
vinu37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I STUDY 3 YEAR IN EC THEN I GO TO GO CIVIL ENGI. 4 YRS
I THINK.. CIVIL IS BETTER
IS MY EXPERIENCE

hi I also completed diploma in entc.... n goes to civil in engg.... can I do ri8....?
1st July 2015, 03:45 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir...!
I completed my 12 wid nly 51% n I wanna join ENTC cz I want to go abroad fo job...is it possible through electronic field to go abroad fo jobs..n does job opportunities knocks there?
29th June 2016, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

Sir Is Ece or Civil is best course for job opportunities as well as salaries???
11th July 2018, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

I want to take civil engineering as my course but many are telling electronic and telecommunication is better than civil engineering what should i do???
2nd April 2019, 01:24 PM
Vikram Singh kashyap

Post Re: Which is better between Civil and Electronics and Communication Engineering?

Yes, you go to civil.engneering. because in civil you need only few art of drawing. So I prefer you to go in civil engineering.
Thanks and best of luck
10th January 2020, 12:16 AM
Unregistered

Hi, I would like to know what is the scope for civil engineers in SA vs electronic engineers? Which field are the jobs more readily available?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?