29th August 2010, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

Which books to refer for GATE CS exam?

Dear sir,
i have completed my BTech in computers science. i want to know which books are used to refer to my GATE exam preparation.

18th March 2011, 09:39 AM
cricket007
Banned

Default Re: Which books to refer for GATE CS exam?

Hi
My friend took coaching at ACE Engineering Academy Hyderabad.
Their study Materials and Exams are very useful to crack GATE exam. He referred only ACE materials and his score is 97.33%. Soon i will link computer science video courses from youtube taken by IIT professors for NPTEL project which is very useful for GATE aspirants.

Description

Fundamentals Of Data Structures Designed to function as a textbook or as a profes ... »»
Data Structures Using C And C++ (2nd Edition) This introduction to the fundamentals of data str ... »»
Data Structures And Algorithms Analysis In 'C' Mark Allen Weiss' innovative approach to algo ... »»
COMPUTER SCIENCE & IT (GATE Solved Papers) This book contains topicwise solved papers of GAT ... »»
DBMS Database management has evolved from a specialize ... »»
Networks And Systems Serves as a text for the treatment of topics in t ... »»
Computer Networks Computer Networks by Andrew S. Tanenbaum ... »»
Computer Architecture Computer Organization and Architecture by William ... »»
Multiple Choice Questions Multiple Choice Questions By Timothy Williams ... »»

Name Description

An Introduction to Analog and Digital Communications (Hardcover) I have found this text an appropriate, to the poi ... »»
Internal Combustion Engine Fundamentals This book will fulfill your need to clear your fu ... »»

Name Description

Civil Engineering: Objective Type for Degree Classes and for G.A.T.E. This book is very useful for engineering students ... »»
Civil Engineering (GATE Solved Papers) This book contains topicwise solved papers of GAT ... »»
Plastic Analysis and Design of Steel Structures The plastic analysis method has been used extensi ... »»
Steel Design Steel Design covers the fundamentals of structura ... »

Name Description
GATE Solved Paper ( EC) This book contains topicwise solved papers of GAT ... »»
Computer Networks: A Systems Approach, Second Edition (The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Networking) Computer Networks: A Systems Approach, designed f ... »»
Electronics & Telecommunnication Engg. 1. Complete Theory with illustrations 2. Covers a ... »»

Name Description
The Performance And Design Of Alternating Current Machine The Performance And Design Of Alternating Current ... »»
Electrical Engineering (GATE Solved Papers) This book contains topicwise solved papers of GAT ... »»
Integrated electronics : Analog and Digital Circuit and system This book is about electronics and electronics en ... »»
Microelectronic Circuits Welcome to the companion Web site for Sedra/Smith ... »»
Electronics Devices And Circuits This book will gives you all basic information yo ... »»
Op-Amps and Linear Integrated Circuits If you're looking for a solid "real world" bo ... »»
Solid State Electronic Devices (5th Edition) If you are an EE sophomore/junior or senior and w ... »»
Physics of Semiconductor Devices This is a fairly good book; however, it is more l ... »»
Communication Systems 4th Edition This book is excellent for a beginner in this sub ... »»
Communication Systems: Analogue and Digital (Hardcover) This book is designed as a textbook for courses o ... »»
Modern Digital and Analog Communication Systems Lathi's trademark user-friendly and highly re ... »»
Electronic Communication Systems This was the first book I read for my Communicati ... »»
Signals and Systems (2nd Edition) The second edition of this well-known and highly ... »»
Optical Fiber Communications (2nd Edition) Offering many worked examples and end of chapter ... »»
Satellite Communications (Hardcover) Includes chapters on orbital mechanics, spacecraf ... »»
Monochrome & Colour Television (Paperback) This is a very good book in the field of Monochro ... »»
Control systems engineering (Paperback) This book is well written and it covers many aspe ... »»
Automatic Control, 7th Edition This best-selling introduction to automatic contr ... »»
Linear Control Systems, With Matlab Applications (Unknown Binding) This book will teach you every thing you want to ... »»
Elements of Electromagnetics (Paperback) A good understanding of electromagnetics is vital ... »»
Engineering Electromagnetics (Hardcover) "Engineering Electromagnetics" is a "classic" in ... »»
Antenna & Wave Propagation (Paperback) If you are interested to achieve thorough knowled ... »»
Digital Design (4th Edition) (Hardcover) Digital Design, fourth edition is a modern update ... »»
Digital Systems: Principles and Applications (10th Edition) Tocci and Widmer use a block diagram approach to ... »»
Modern Digital Electronics (Paperback) Part of the McGraw-Hill Core Concepts Series, Mod ... »»
Microprocessor Architecture, Programming, and Applications with the 8085 (5th Edition) Created for one/two semester undergraduate level ... »»
Computer Organization and Architecture: Principles of Structure and Function (Hardcover) This is the best book for Computer Organization a ... »»
Microwave Devices and Circuits (3rd Edition) For Sr/Gr. level courses on active and passive mi ... »»
Power Electronics This book, Power Electronics provides a good unde ... »»
Electrical Power Systems Covering a range of topics on power systems, this ... »»
Modern Power System Analysis Part of the McGraw-Hill Core Concepts Series, Mod ... »»
Electric Machines This book will give you a to z information on Ele ... »»
Generalized theory of electrical machines This book will give you knowledge on Generalized ... »»
Electronic Instrumentation Intended for the course on Electronic Measurement ... »»
Course In Electrical And Electronic Measurements And Instrumentation This is the best best in thorough study of Instru ... »»
Engineering Circuit Analysis The hallmark feature of this classic text is its ... »»

all the best.............................................
18th March 2011, 09:40 AM
cricket007
Banned

Computer Science + IT Engineering Books

Name Description

Fundamentals Of Data Structures Designed to function as a textbook or as a profes ... »»
Data Structures Using C And C++ (2nd Edition) This introduction to the fundamentals of data str ... »»
Data Structures And Algorithms Analysis In 'C' Mark Allen Weiss' innovative approach to algo ... »»
COMPUTER SCIENCE & IT (GATE Solved Papers) This book contains topicwise solved papers of GAT ... »»
DBMS Database management has evolved from a specialize ... »»
Networks And Systems Serves as a text for the treatment of topics in t ... »»
Computer Networks Computer Networks by Andrew S. Tanenbaum ... »»
Computer Architecture Computer Organization and Architecture by William ... »»
Multiple Choice Questions Multiple Choice Questions By Timothy Williams ... »»

best of luck......................................
18th March 2011, 12:23 PM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

Fundamentals Of Data Structures

Data Structures Using C And C++ (2nd Edition)

Data Structures And Algorithms Analysis In 'C'

COMPUTER SCIENCE & IT (GATE Solved Papers)

DBMS

Networks And Systems

Computer Networks

Computer Architecture

Multiple Choice Questions

Algorithms_Solutions
Some good collection of algorithms with solution

Computer Network__Tanenbaum_WITH_SOLUTION

Fourazan PPTS

DATA_COMM_BY_FOROUZAN WITH SOLUTION

Some Articles and presentation for OS

OS_Solutions from different standard books.

RaghuRamaKrishnan_Book___Solutions

DBMS

DBMS Korth book+ solution

HTML XML

DAA Presentations

you can also download e-book of this book.
18th March 2011, 12:52 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi..
the best books for problem solving in gate exam is the GK PUBLISHERS gate book,
also the brilliant tutorials books are very good ,you can apply for them at the following address
www.brilliant-tutorials.com
also some other reference books are
1.gate computer science and engineering by manglesh niranjan
2.comdex gate computer science and engineering by a.jaiswal

some of text books which you need to follow are
1.computer organization by MORRIS MANO
2.statistics and quing theory by s.c.gupta
3compler design by aho,sethi
4.computer organization and architecture by william stalling
5.data communication by forouzan
18th March 2011, 02:17 PM
MD AJIJ

compiler - Alfred v.Aho,ullman
automata-ullman,K.L.P Mishra.
Discrete mathematics:Roshen
18th March 2011, 03:39 PM
sukanyapalli

Smile Re: Which books to refer for GATE CS exam?

Mathematical Logic: Discrete Mathematics by Tremblay Manohar, Probability , statistics and queuing theory " by S.C.Gupta & V.K.Kapoor
* Graph Theory: Narsingh Deo
* Linear Algebra: Higher Engineering Mathematics by B.S. Grewal
* Numerical Methods: S.S. Sastry
* Formal Language and Automata Theory: Formal Languages and Automata theory", J.D.Ullman etal
* Analysis of Algorithms and Computational Complexity: Introduction to algorithms" - Cormen etal" Computer Algorithms" - Horowitz and Sahani
* Digital Logic: " Digital Logic circuits and Design " by Morris Mano
* Computer Organization: " Computer Organisation " by Morris Mano

Some Other Important books
" Multiple choice questions " - Timothy . J . Williams , TMH publications
" Gate Question Papers " - G.K.Publishers
18th March 2011, 05:44 PM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Dear friend there is so many books preparation for GATE.........But you use MADE-EASY study material and G.K publishers books ...................

these are very important for GATE preparation and you can use also side books .............

because side books is so important but this type of books and material is help to you in so many sense..............
18th March 2011, 05:55 PM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Wink Re: Which books to refer for GATE CS exam?

Dear friend there is so many books preparation for GATE.........But you use MADE-EASY study material and G.K publishers books ...................

these are very important for GATE preparation and you can use also side books .............

because side books is so important but this type of books and material is help to you in so many sense..............
18th March 2011, 11:22 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

HI friend,
As you have not mentioned which field of books you want to refer for GATE,i have mentioned a list of courses for which the books have been mentioned in a file so please refer.
Thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Books for GATE 2011 exams.doc(22.5 KB, 130 views)
29th April 2011, 10:34 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

For the GATE computer science exam, you can refer to
the following books:

5th May 2011, 12:22 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear sir,
i have completed my BTech in computers science. i want to know which books are used to refer to my GATE exam preparation.
Hey friend,

As you have asked for the information regarding GATE 2011 books i have mentioned them in a file attached.

Please refer.

Thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Books for GATE 2011 exams.doc(22.0 KB, 179 views)
1st August 2011, 12:34 AM
akhilesh16071991
Senior Member++

Dear friend,
For Gate exam just go through following books:
*GK publication books
*Engineering books of CS for different topics.

But just go through GK publication book because more top rankers of GATE exam prefer GK publication books.
16th August 2011, 12:28 PM
sgsharadgupta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear sir,
The books you can refer is G.K publication and made easy past year question paper......and as you are a c.s guy you can go through notes of dbms,d.s,o.s,discrete mathematics,logic gates....networking numericals,theoy of computation can be tough so have good look over that..
regards,
sharad
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?