7th July 2011, 04:37 PM
vinayak malhotra

Which branch is the most preferable to me after 12th if I plan to join IAS later?

I have just cleared 12th and now i am opting engineering for my ug degree.which branch will b most preferable for me as i plan to appear for ias later?i cn take any branch which will help me later in ias.plus how should i prepare for ias during my 4 years of engineering?

Related Questions:
  1. How to become an IAS? I have completed 12th class with 85%
  2. Which branch should I join after completing 12th if I am interested in Biology?
  3. Which graduation degree will be most preferable for appearing in IAS exam? Which is more suitable between B.Tech and Law degree?
  4. How to join in JNTUK Kakinada in mechanical engineering branch? My expected rank in EAMCET is 30000-32500
  5. Can I join any IAS coaching center after passing B.Tech in Electrical branch
  6. Which branch would be preferable for me to prepare for UPSC after 12th std? Is computer science and engineering a good option?
  7. How can I join crime branch? I have passed 12th
  8. Which branch is preferable to study in MDS after completing BDS?
  9. Syllabus and criteria of DRDO exam? Good institutes for preparation? -- [New]
  10. Which are the preferable semester topics for electronics and communication engineering branch
  11. How to become an IAS officer after Engineering (ECE)? how to prepare and subjects to study? Is it necessary to join IAS academy to prepare? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. How to join Unique IAS coaching after passing 12th class?
  13. Can I join IAS institute after completing 12th with 86%
  14. What should I study after completing 12th to become an IAS Officer? Minimum marks required in 10th and 12th to join IAS?
  15. How to join in integrated Ph.D after completing B.Pharm? Which is more preferable?
  16. How to join B.Plan course after passing diploma in Architecture
  17. How to join engineering in ECE branch after completing 12th standard?
  18. How should I plan myself to become IAS being a candidate of pursuing 11th class?
25th July 2011, 08:23 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Which branch is the most preferable to me after 12th if I plan to join IAS later?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayak malhotra View Post
I have just cleared 12th and now i am opting engineering for my ug degree.which branch will b most preferable for me as i plan to appear for ias later?i cn take any branch which will help me later in ias.plus how should i prepare for ias during my 4 years of engineering?
Hello Vinayak.!!

You can move with your engineering degree for now.

It is a very good decision from your side to opt for IAS as your career. Coming back to your Engineering any stream students are eligible for IAS entrance its completely your wish.

As of my suggestion you should opt the less tougher branch.

As you're just a passout student of 12th I think you don't need to concentrate that seriously for the preparation of IAS you just need to have Vision and attitude for your future goal

you should do these things so that they will help you when you start your actual preparation

->follow all the news paper daily's so that you will get updated with all the issues Then you have to do the deep research and make some points out of them and maintain a note book for those points.

->Current affairs is also a very important section for your preparation. In this the main Areas in which you have to concentrate are

->politics

->sports

->entertainment and what not everything

this is about the strategy that a student must follow when you have a dream to become IAS officer.

When you perfectly start your preparation for IAS then

then the preparation plan must be like this
follow this perfectly when you are in your Four years of B.Tech ok I hope you will succeed in pre and actual preparation.

All the best

Regards

~AdityA~
25th July 2011, 09:24 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which branch is the most preferable to me after 12th if I plan to join IAS later?

hi dear
after 12th,

for join IAS there is no such branch for suitable for IAS

that is depends on you

what you choose your career

after complete graduation
you apply for IAS exam.

for this you give 2 exam
1)preliminary exam
2) final exam

in preliminary 2 papers are there:-

*Gneral knowledge
*optional paper- choose you.................
25th July 2011, 10:13 AM
nambardar
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which branch is the most preferable to me after 12th if I plan to join IAS later?

hi dear,

in your matter there are two things---
1. you want to make your future with engg. or
2.you want to get the ppost of IAS officier.

these are not the same thing. you have to choose one of them.
if you achieve ias post then tough with the arts stream, it is very helpful for you.
because many of the syllabus is covered in this steram.

and the other thing is that you should go for the engg. branch in which you are completly intersted.

for the ias you have to tough with HISTORY,GEOGRAPHYY AND OTHER ALL WORLD GENERAL KNOWLEDGE.
so, all the best for your future..
25th July 2011, 10:39 AM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: Which branch is the most preferable to me after 12th if I plan to join IAS later?

Quote:
boy enguneering not cosidered a good alternative for IAS most of the engineers who sit in IAS take an arts subject but otherwise u can take ME as it is considered most tough trait therefore, u will be in a habit studying hard which matters the most
25th July 2011, 10:40 AM
arvind_singh
Banned

Well if you have decided to join the IAS then i would suggest you not to join engineering as its too tough to do and to become an IAS you should have done graduation only .So its better if you do BA,BSC,BCOM this will help you to prepare for civil service exam while doing your graduation .Because if you joins engineering then you will not be able to give time to read news papers and do other things which is necessary to prepare for the IAS exam.

If you joins some less tougher course then you will be able to concentrate on IAS which needs you to know about current affairs ,politics, sports and other things.

But if you have decided to do Engineering then you can join computer science and information technology.As these two branches are the easiest one in the engineering .

ELIGIBILITY:

Education :
Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university.

Age limits :
21-30 years for general students
35 years for SC/ST
33 for OBC .

click here for more details.
25th July 2011, 11:58 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear friend,

all graduates are eligible for IAS exam but age should above 27 years. arts ,science and engineering stream are eligible for IAS exam.but the most popular stream to crack IAS exam is ARTS stream.

because the arts subjects are scoring a easy to study compare to science and engineering stream.the maximum arts student crack the IAS exam.

so you can join in arts stream and also take geography and history for your subject.then you have to cleared the IAS exam.

all the best
25th July 2011, 01:34 PM
rb0107

Post Re: Which branch is the most preferable to me after 12th if I plan to join IAS later?

Quote:
I think you should choose any of the following three branches:
1. Mechanical or
2. Electrical or
3. Civil
Because in IAS you have to choose two optional subjects and this is a very important decision. These engineering branch subjects can be taken as an optional subjects. And you should pay your full attention to current affairs as well as GK. Without having good command over these one can not carry on.
Best of luck.
25th July 2011, 03:09 PM
Unregistered

In my opinion your idea is too best to give yourself a beautifuf platform in your feature life.
As ,you are intarested in "Civil Service" so i suggest you that you do a simple graduation ,because for "Civil Service" eligibity of your educational qualification is graduation.

And for subject I prafer you Histoty.
Because at IAS you may take history as an optional subject.
in history you have to write note something more but will get common within low suggession and score good marks.

Best of luck!
25th July 2011, 05:26 PM
THANIKONDA

Thumbs up Re: Which branch is the most preferable to me after 12th if I plan to join IAS later?

hello friend
every branch has their own status...so every thing is good..
for IAS expect IT/cse all are best option...it/cse are better options...so my young man all the best
25th July 2011, 08:40 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello Vinayak,
There is no specific stream which has a greater chance to crack civil service exam.
The civil service comprise of two written examination known as civil service aptitude test and the Main exam.
In civil service aptitude test you will be dealing with question related to general studies, general maths and science, reasoning ability, analytical ability, logical reasoning, current affairs etc.

In the main exam, the compulsory papers would be General studies, English, One Indian Language and Essay writing. You will also have to select two optional papers of your choice.

So, as you can see that you need to be very strong in all these subjects, therefore, no matter which stream you follow, preparation for civil service exam must be done separately.
25th July 2011, 08:41 PM
amarpushpak

u will take any branch in engg.
9th November 2011, 03:12 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Hi

Its very good if you are aiming for the IAS Ultimately.
So now you have to decide which course you want to go with. I must inform you that IAS is an examination for all streams. And no stream barrier is given as such.

A candidate of any stream : SCIENCE, COMMERCE & ARTS may apply.

So if ultimately you want to become an IAS officer, you should take up some stream which is easy by nature.

It can be that you look for graduation in B.Sc Maths, Physics or Chemistry.

If still you are leaned towards B.E, then you can take up 4 year engineering courses from :

ME
ECE
EE
CSE
CE
IT
etc

And then once you are a graduate, or final year appearing then you can apply for the IAS entrance Prelims and Mains.

So at first you choose a career in terms of graduation and then do it very nicely.

All the best.

Regards
~RJ~
11th January 2012, 12:05 AM
Unregistered

What should I do after completing 12th for IAS after compleating it with non medical.i can take any subject from any feild which is suitable for me for doing IAS.please help me in taking opting feild after 12th
10th February 2012, 11:19 AM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

you should opt the less tougher branch.

As you're just a passout student of 12th I think you don't need to concentrate that seriously for the preparation of IAS you just need to have Vision and attitude for your future goal

you should do these things so that they will help you when you start your actual preparation the news paper daily's so that you will get updated with all the issues Then you have to do the deep research and make some points out of them and maintain a note book for those points.
18th June 2012, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

dear sir, i am really not have knowledge about any branch due to which i am not able to choose the branch in which i am having interest so pls tell me from where i can get this knowledge?
1st July 2013, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

can i continue ias coaching with my engineering studies,as i am in third year mechanical student
7th September 2014, 12:17 PM
Unregistered

Sir I want to know which has more opportunity to get a job among b.e civil and b.arch which will have a best scope in future
10th February 2015, 01:12 PM
Unregistered

Sir / mam I am in final year and wanted to become a IAS officer so where should prepa myself and where should I take best coaching for IAS????
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?