23rd November 2012, 04:31 PM
nithin.tbk

Which branch is to be taken after passing 12th?

which branch to be taken after inter 2 nd year can pls offer me which is better in these days?or i have a choice of taking petro chemical engg or aeronautical engg or marine or chemical engg?which to be taken?which is the best

21st March 2013, 10:40 AM
krrishh_002

Default Re: Which branch is to be taken after passing 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithin.tbk View Post
which branch to be taken after inter 2 nd year can pls offer me which is better in these days?or i have a choice of taking petro chemical engg or aeronautical engg or marine or chemical engg?which to be taken?which is the best
Hi Nithin,

After Inter 2nd year you can take any Field in Engineering and can join any engineering college based on your rank in Entrance exam like IIT JEE, AIEEE or CET exams.

You are confused among Petro-Chemical, Aeronautical , Marine and Chemical.

All the above branches are Sub- Divisions of main Stream of Engineering and First three are almost related to Mechanical field.

Petro Chemical Engineering
is very rare field and job opportunities in India are also very less, even you rarely find seats in colleges.

It deals with Hydro chemicals and Extraction Methods etc.

If your Good at chemistry and Love this field go for it, Not many like it.

Aeronautical is a field which mostly prefer out of all you mentioned.

Aero-dynamics, Jet propulsion, Rocket Engines , Flying methods, Nozzle design, Combustion chambers etc. are included in this field.

You should have strong basic Physics for Aeronautical.

Job opportunities are moderate in this field salary will be high.

Marine Engineering is also among the most preferable one, Salaries will be high and deals with propulsion systems under water like Submarines, Ships, there propellers power systems etc.

Chemical Engineering
is like you have studied in your Intermediate Electroplating, Coatings, Battery, Fuel Cells, Ions, Using chemical or malocular structure designing something or powering something.

Now you can choose which looks interesting to you can opt for it.

Other advice go for Mech stream and then you can Specialize in above Fields during M tech studies.

Choice is Yours.

All the Best!!

21st March 2013, 06:08 PM
eiidelhi
Junior Member+

Default Re: Which branch is to be taken after passing 12th?

Branch isn't matter, it's the matter of knowledge, passion & your enthusiasm in your branch.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?