21st January 2012, 10:52 AM
Unregistered

Is BSc Physics distance degree valid for CDS exam?

hey people i have done bsc physics in distance edu from periyar univeristy, salem. i have 3 years gap from my 12th class. i am in a big confusion as i want to know is this degree valid for CDS exam. the univeristy is DEC, UGC, NAAC approved.

11th February 2012, 11:31 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is BSc Physics distance degree valid for CDS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hey people i have done bsc physics in distance edu from periyar univeristy, salem. i have 3 years gap from my 12th class. i am in a big confusion as i want to know is this degree valid for CDS exam. the univeristy is DEC, UGC, NAAC approved.
Yes, You are eligible to apply for CDS Examination After completing your Graduate degree course from a Distance Mode.

Firstly, it is not mentioned in the notification that only Regular candidates are eligible for CDS Examination, So if your graduate degree course is completed from distance university then you are eligible for CDS Examination.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Services examination and this examination is Conducted by UPSC, Twice in a year. So after completing your Graduation you can apply for CDS, But your age should between 19 to 25 Years.

No upper age relaxation is not applicable in Defence Examination.

The Notification of this year CDS (i) Examination was already declared and the last date of apply for this examination was already Over.

If you are Interested then please wait for CDS (II) Examination Notification and the fill the CDS Application form Online and if you need more Information then check official website.

Those who have completed his graduate degree course with maths and Physics as a compulsory subjects are eligible to apply for all the Academy of CDS :

~~ Indian Military Academy
~~ Naval Academy
~~ Air force Academy
~~ Officer's Training Academy

So, please do not worry you can apply for CDS Examination after completing your Graduation and if you need more information about CDS Examination then please check official website :

upsc.gov.in
25th February 2012, 09:21 AM
michael_scofield

*Air force is one of the professional career option which are having many job opportunities in the field of air force You will have a nice future in this field

*There are three branches in the air force you can join in

-->Flying

-->Technical or ground branches.

Main process

->The first thing you have to do is You can join NDA by taking the exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

-->This exam is conducted twice a year in all major cities throughout India.

Eligibility Criteria

*Nationality:You must be a citizen of Indian

*Educational Qualifications:

-->You should pass your 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics. You can your application during your 10+2

Selection process

-->Candidate who are short-listed for Air Force after the initial selection procedure

-->You will go through a rigorous three-year training regimen at the National Defence Academy, followed by specialized training at the Air Force Academy

Good Luck
25th November 2012, 09:45 PM
Unregistered

can i appear in exam of cds ,my degree is from distance education ........kamlesh
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?