16th September 2012, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

How to apply for CDS air force after doing BSc Biotechnology

I am doing my BSc biotechnology final year. I want to apply for CDS air force wing (feb 2013 exam). I do not have maths and physics in my BSc. Am i eligible to apply for ground duty branch of airforce ?

9th October 2012, 06:27 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to apply for CDS air force after doing BSc Biotechnology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am doing my BSc biotechnology final year. I want to apply for CDS air force wing (feb 2013 exam). I do not have maths and physics in my BSc. Am i eligible to apply for ground duty branch of airforce ?
CDS stands for Combined Defence Service and this Examination is organized by Union Public Service Commission .This CDS Conducts Examination four Wings Namely Army, Navy, Airforce ,Officer Training Academy.

Bachelor degree Course is the Minimum Educational Qualification required to appear in CDS Examination . You have Complete B.sc Course . So definitely your eligible for CDS Examination .

But you have Mention that your Interested in Airforce wing and Your Not having Phyiscs and Mathematics Subjects in your Bachelor degree Course .

To Join in Airforce academy then the candidate should Compulsory having Physics and Mathematics Subjects in 12th standard Level / Bachelor degree Course . The candidate who Complete B.Tech are eligible to apply for this Examination Airforce Wing .

So, your not eligible for Airforce Academy , But your eligible for Army and Officer Training Academy .

Here I provide the details regarding CDS Examination .

::: Educational Qualification required for CDS Examination :::

=For Army Academy/ Officer Training Academy :- Applicant should Complete Bachelor degree in any discipline (Commerce/Science/Arts ) from recognized University .

=For Airforce and Navy Academy :- Applicant should Complete Bachelor degree Course in Engineering (or) Science stream from recognized University .

Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Examination and there is No Minimum Percentage of marks require for this Examination .

::: Age Criteria for CDS Examination :::

=For Army Academy :- Applicant age should be 19 years to 24 years.
=For Airforce Academy :- Applicant age should be 19 years to 23 years.
=For Navy Academy :- Applicant age should be 19 years to 22 years.
=For Officer Training Academy :- Applicant age should be 19 years to 25 years

::: Marital Status/ Physical Standards :::

Applicant should be Male (Unmarried ) candidates and Applicant should be Physically as well as Medically Fit ..

Note :- Both the Unmarried Male and Female candidates are eligible to apply for Officer Training Academy .

CDS Examination Pattern :-

Notification for CDS Examination 2013 Yet Not Released . The Notification for this Examination Published in Employment news paper and Official website of UPSC .

::: Books for CDS Examination :::

=CDS Examination( A Complete Self Study ) by Brijesh Tripathi, Satyajeet Rawat, Neetika Goyal
=CDS Examination ( Guide ) by R. Gupta
=CDS Examination ( Solved and Practice Papers ) by Jha S N
=CDS Examination ( Previous Solved Papers ) by R. Gupta
=CDS Examination ( 10 Practice Sets ) by Expert Compilations
9th October 2012, 07:46 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend,

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for the CDS air force. But you are eligible for the Army and navy exams.

Because indian air force you need the physics chemistry and mathematics subjects. So you are not eligible.

The bachelor degree completed students are eligible for this exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service. This exam conducted by the upsc twice in a year.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

The candidate should be a citizen of india.

The candidate should complete the graduation from any recognized university with any stream.

But the indian air force you need the PCM subjects compulsory.

There is no marks criteria to eligible this exam.

The final year pursuing candidates are also eligible for this exam.

Age limit:

The minimum age limit is 19 years and maximum age limit is 24 years.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible for this exam.

Girls are not eligible.

SELECTION PROCESS:

Written Test

Medical Test

Interview

for more details visit the website

http://www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST.
9th October 2012, 09:43 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

After B.SC. Biotechnology you can apply for Indian Air Force by applying, appearing and cracking CDS(Combined Defence Service) entrance exam conducted by UPSC two times every year.

To be eligible to join Indian Air Force of CDS one must be an unmarried Indian male having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam in any stream of education from a recognised University with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as subject of studies from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 23 years with good Physical and mental physique.

CDS can be applied through on line by paying requisite fee for the exam.

The selection is through written exam, personal Interview, Physical Fitness Test and finally through Medical Test.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
9th October 2012, 10:12 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
CDS Exam Details:-

## Union Public Service Commission conducts the CDS Exam for those students who wants to pursue a career in defense. Full form of CDSE is Combined Defense Service Examination. You can give this exam for twice a year. By giving this exam you can enter the following academies:
  • Indian Military Academy
  • Air Force Academy
  • Naval Academy
  • Officer's Training Academy

## Indian Military Academy:- To join Indian Military Academy you need to have a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Your age should be between 19 and 23 years.

## Air Force Academy:- To join the Air Force Academy you need to get a B.Sc degree with physics or mathematics or a bachelor's degree in engineering/technology.

Your age should be between 19 and 23 years.

## Naval Academy:- To join the Naval Academy you need to have a B.E./B.Tech degree in engineering or technology or a bachelor's degree in science with physics or mathematics.

Your age should vary between 19 and 22 years.

## Officer's Training Academy:- To join the Officer's Training Academy you need to complete your graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.

Your age should be between 19 and 25 years.

## To enter one of the academy of your choice you need to cross some stages of selection. They are as follows:-
  • Written Examination
  • Personal Interview Session
  • Medical Fitness Test

## The examination pattern of all the academies except the officer's training academy is same. For these three academies the examination pattern includes three papers which needs to be completed in six hours.

For the exam you need to stress on the following sections: English, General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics. 300 marks have been allotted for the exam and 100 marks each have been allotted for each paper.

## For the officer's training academy there will be two papers to finish in four hours' time.

200 marks have been allotted for the paper and you need to stress on the following sections for the exam: English and General Knowledge. 100 marks each have been allotted for the paper.

CDS Exam Books To Follow:-

## CDS Combined Defence Services Examination: 10 Practice Sets
by Expert Compilations
Publisher: Arihant Publications

## CDS: Combined Defence Services Examination Guide
by R. Gupta
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House

## The Pearson Guide to the Combined Defence Services Examination
by Edgar Thorpe, Showick Thorpe
Publisher: Pearson Education

## CDS Combined Defence Services Exam Solved Papers
by GKP
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd

## Combined Defence Services Examination
by Jain, Kishore
Publisher: Upkar Prakashan

Hope this helps :-> :->
29th September 2013, 04:32 PM
Unregistered

hi i am student of B.Sc (h) nursing . i want to know that can i join airforce as a female candidate in administration officer field.
12th August 2019, 03:13 PM
Unregistered

How to apply cds exam after bsc biotechnology for girls in army
12th August 2019, 03:16 PM
Unregistered

How to apply cds after bsc biotechnology for girls in army
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?