27th January 2012, 07:12 PM
phiroj bhoi

Am I eligible for CDS Exam pursuing B.Sc course in Distance Learning?

sir, i am contuining Bsc in distance mode can i eligible for cds ?

Related Questions:
  1. Is distance learning MBA eligible for NET? I am pursuing my MBA in distance learning from SMU
  2. Minimum salary after graduation from SMU Distance Learning? Is SMU distance learning a good institute to pursue graduation and PG?
  3. Am I eligible to appear in PSU recruitment exams if pursuing PGDM from Distance Learning? -- [New]
  4. Is distance learning MBA eligible for NET(National eligibility Test)? I am pursuing MBA distance learning from SMU
  5. Is it possible to do M.Tech through distance learning? Do I need a GATE score for that? Universities providing the course?
  6. Can I get admission in DU after passing BSc IT through distance learning? I have scored 60% in every semester
  7. Distance learning PGDM is applicable for NET?
  8. Am I eligible to appear for NET after pursuing MBA in healthcare management through distance learning
  9. How to pursue BSc in Chemistry through distance learning programme? I have passed HS exam
  10. Is distance education is valid for NET(UGC)? I'm pursuing M.Com from MDU through correspondence
  11. Is there in difference in value of doing B.SC IT from regular and distance learning?
  12. Am I eligible for NET Exam being a candidate of pursuing M.Sc in Distance Learning?
  13. Jobs in IT industry after BSc.IT from Distance Learning -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Am i eligible to apply for IAS exam? I have done BSc IT from Sikkim Manipal University in distance learning mode
  15. List of colleges in which i am eligible for MCA entrance exam? I have 55% marks in 12th, Now i m doing graduation through distance learning program
  16. How to take admission for correspondence course of MBA
  17. Should I go for distance learning in LLB after passing CS Executive?
  18. Am I eligible to give CDS Exam for IMA being a candidate pursuing final year of B.Sc and with a date of birth 16-05-1989?
29th January 2012, 01:15 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for CDS Exam pursuing B.Sc course in Distance Learning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phiroj bhoi View Post
Since you are pursuing your bachelors degree program through distance mode, you will be considered eligible for the combined defense service exam, provided:

The university is recognized by University Grant Commission
The courses offered by the university, through distance mode, are approved by Distance Education Council.

If your university has these recognition's, you'll be definitely considered eligible for the exam, but as you know that the examination is conducted for recruitment of candidates in all the major defense forces of India, the eligibility criteria, including the academic qualification and age varies accordingly.
For Indian Army, a graduate within the age limit of 19-24 years are eligible.
For Indian Navy, since you are pursuing B.Sc program, you must be pursuing this course with Physics and Mathematics as your major subjects and you have to be within the age limit of 19-22 years, whereas, for Indian Air Force, a graduate in any discipline is eligible but the candidate must have studied Physics and Mathematics in the +2 level. The age limit to apply for the Indian Air Force, through this exam, is 19-23 years.
For more information, refer to the official website of Union Public Service Commission.
3rd April 2012, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible for CDS Exam pursuing B.Sc course in Distance Learning?

I am persuing B.Sc.(I.T) from NIIT . can i eligible for cds exam.
3rd April 2012, 07:52 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by phiroj bhoi View Post
HI!
I am happy to inform you that you are eligible for Combine Defence Services Exam after passing graduation form Distance Mode.

Combine Defence Services Exam is conducted by U.P.S.C twice in a year.

The age limit for C.D.S exam is 19-24 year.
You can't apply in C.D.S(I), 2012 because last date of submission of form is over.

If you want you can apply in C.D.S(II), 2012.

IMPORTANT DATES FOR C.D.S. EXAM.(II), 2012
Date of Notification:-02.06.2012
Last date of receipt of form:-02.07.2012(MONDAY)
Date of exam:-16.09.2012(SUNDAY)

GOOD LUCK!
18th April 2012, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

HI Good morning i am pursuing my graduation and i am in final year. Am i eligible for CDS(II) 2012 Exam.Please reply soon
18th April 2012, 12:48 PM
bablubeniwal
Junior Member+

hi,
you are eligible for cds exam.
to apply cds exam;
The age limit for C.D.S exam is 19-24 year.
For more information, refer to the official website of Union Public Service Commission.
good luck
18th April 2012, 12:48 PM
vickydhupia2010

hi
i want to tell you that u r eligible for the CDS
the eligiblity criteria for CDS is:
UPSC Combined Defence Services Exam Eligibility:Criteria

Eligibility for the UPSC CDS Exam, also known as Combined Defence Services Examination, depends upon, which defence academy the candidate wants to appear for. All defence academies have different eligibility conditions for offering employment to the candidates. The eligibility conditions are discussed below.

Indian Military Academy (IMA)

Candidates desirous to appear for Indian Military Academy must have completed 19 years of age. Candidates of more than 24 years of age are not eligible.
In terms of education, candidates having a degree from a recognized university or equivalent are eligible to apply.

Naval Academy

Aspirants wishing to join Naval Academy must possess a Bachelor of Science (B Sc) degree with Physics & Mathematics or a Bachelor's degree in Engineering i.e. Bachelor of Engineering (BE).
Candidates must have completed 19 years of age at the time of applying for the academy. Candidates above 22 years are not eligible for the Naval Academy.

Air Force Academy
Candidates must have reached the age of 19 years and must not have crossed 23 years of age.
The job seeker must have either Bachelor of Science (B Sc) degree with Physics & Mathematics or a Bachelor's degree in Engineering i.e. Bachelor of Engineering (BE).

Officers' Training Academy (OTA)

Candidates must acquire a degree from a recognized university or equivalent.
The age bar for the candidates lies between 19 years to 25 years.

thank u
all the best..................
18th April 2012, 02:57 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you will be eligible to appear CDS exam after completion of B.Sc. through distant learning provided the Institution is recognised by UGC.

CDS - COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE exam conducted by UPSC twice every year as CDS-I and CDS-II for entry in to:-

INDIAN MILITARY ACADEMY
INDIAN NAVAL ACADEMY
INDIAN AIR FORCE ACADEMY
INDIAN OFFICER'S TRAINING ACADEMY

The candidate must be an unmarried Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 19to 25 years of age with good Physical and Mental health, is eligible to apply for CDS.

The selection is through written exam followed by personal interview along with Physical Fitness and Medical Test.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
4th June 2012, 01:33 AM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

The CDS or the Combined Defence Service Exam is conducted by the UPSC twice a year.

The minimum eligibility for appearing for the CDS exam is that a candidate must be graduate from a recognized university.
Students in the final year of graduation may also apply.

Age Limit:

For Indian Military academy - 19 to 23 years.

For Indian Air Force Academy - 19 to 23 years.

For Officer's Training Academy - 19 to 25 years.

For Naval Academy - 19 to 22 years.

For more details regarding CDS, visit:

www.upsc.gov.in
4th June 2012, 01:35 AM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

Yes you can apply for the CDS exam if you are in the final year graduation. The minimum eligibility criterion for applying for the CDS exam is a graduation. The final year graduates can also apply provided that they are able to submit the graduation certificates at the time of selection if they get short listed. You can apply once you are over 19 years. The maximum age may differ according to the various defense wings for which you are applying to.
15th July 2013, 01:44 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my degree in one year distance education from Dec approved university, and my age is 21 and pmc and can i attend cdse exam
15th January 2014, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

I am in doing bachelor of arts final year through distance mode...am I eligible for cds?
11th May 2014, 06:58 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

CDS stands for Combined Defence Services Exam. This exam is being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year to recruit the candidates into following defence services
IMA (Indian Military Academy)
Indian Naval Academy
Indian Air Force Academy
Officers Training Academy

Here is the eligibility criteria to apply for this Exam.

IMA :
-One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream.
-The required age criteria will be 19-24 years.

INA :
-Candidate should have completed Graduation with any of the stream with Mathematics and Physics subjects.
-The required age criteria will be 19-22 years.

Air Force Academy :
-Candidate should have completed Graduation with any of the stream with Mathematics and Physics subjects.
-The required age criteria will be 19-23 years.

Officers Training Academy :
Candidates with any stream in Graduation are eligible to apply for Officers Training Academy.
-Required age criteria will be 19-25 years.

As you are pursuing B.Sc course, you can apply for this Exam once you have done with your B.Sc course.

Meanwhile you can have good preparation for this Exam.

Wish you all the best.
21st December 2019, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

Recently i finished my 2nd year b.sc in distance education can i apply cds in next notification?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?