14th December 2011, 07:11 PM
RUCHI VALECHA

Is a CA eligible for various VA UPSC exams?

hi friends...........
i am a CA,wants to know all about UPSC exams?

17th December 2011, 01:53 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is a CA eligible for various VA UPSC exams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUCHI VALECHA View Post
hi friends...........
i am a CA,wants to know all about UPSC exams?
UPSC is Union Public Service Commission and there are various examinations conducted by the commission.
Now, there are no such examinations particularly for chartered accountants, but on the basis of this qualification, you will be eligible to write all those exams which do not require any specializations in a particular field and one of such examination is civil service examination.
As per the UPSC guidelines for Civil Service Examination,"Candidates possessing professional and technical qualifications which are recognized by Government as equivalent to professional and technical degree would also be eligible for admission to the examination".

Apart from the civil service exam, examinations like engineering service exam, Indian Economic Service exam, Indian Statistical Service exam etc. requires candidate to have a degree in the required discipline.

For more information, you may refer to the official website of Union Public Service Commission.

18th June 2013, 03:21 PM
Unregistered

hey I am CA and I want to go for Indian economic services...can I give IES exam directly or have to first do PG in economics?

25th March 2014, 08:12 PM
Unregistered

is graduation compulsory for upsc exam .whether a CA can give upsc exam without being graduate.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?