21st April 2018, 10:49 AM
Unregistered

Can a 15 years old candidate appear in CBSE 10th Board exam?

My daughter is 13 years of age. She is promoted to 9th standard now from CBSE Board. She will appear her 10th Board exam during her 15 years of age. So, she is eligible according to CBSE norms?

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to appear in 10th CBSE Board exam for a candidate at 15 years of age? -- [New]
  2. Can a 15 years old candidate appear in CBSE 10th Board exam?
  3. Can I change my board from IGCSE to CBSE in grade 10th?
  4. At what age a candidate can appear in 10th CBSE Board exam if studying in LKG at the age of 3 years old?
  5. Eligibility for repeating 10th class from CBSE board to Punjabi board after a break of 20 years?
  6. Would my daughter be able to appear for 10th class CBSE from Army or KV when her DOB is 16/11/2011?
  7. Candidate of 14 years can appear in CBSE class 10th exam?
  8. Age required to appear in CBSE board exams 2017-2018 -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Exact age limit to appear for 10th exams according to CBSE norms?
  10. Is the student eligible to do diploma course after completion of 10th through CCE system in CBSE board?
  11. Can I write CBSE 10th board exam in 2014-15 if I am born in 2000?
  12. Whether a 15 years old candidate appear in 10th CBSE Board examination?
  13. Is it beneficial to study 11th in CBSE Board for 10th UP Board candidate?
  14. Eligibility to appear in 10th CBSE Board exam for a candidate at the age of 14 years and 8 months?
  15. Is it good take admission in different board after completion of 10th or to be in the same board?
  16. Admission in 11th CBSE for a candidate who has a gap of 2 years after 10th?
  17. Can I secure 10 CGPA in Board exam if didn't score well in 10th CBSE Summative-I exam? Benefits of studying in CBSE Board over State Board?
  18. Am I eligible to get admission for 10th CBSE board after completion of 9th from state board school?
30th April 2018, 05:39 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can a 15 years old candidate appear in CBSE 10th Board exam?

Minimum age required for appearing in 10th class CBSE:

There is a certain age criterion required in order to pursue 10th class from CBSE based schools.

Minimum age required for 10th class: 14 years.

Maximum age required for 10th class: 16 years.

According to given information, she will appear her 10th Board exam.
30th April 2018, 06:58 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, a 15 years old candidate appear in CBSE 10th board examination.

The minimum age required to appear for the 10th CBSE Board Exams is in between 14-15 years.

There is no maximum age limit to appear for the CBSE board exam.
30th April 2018, 07:05 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

CBSE has not set any minimum age criteria for appearing in 10th board examination. CBSE says that if a candidate has passed 9th standard at any age and has registered for board examination of standard 10th, he can appear for high school board exam undoubtedly.

Yes, you daughter will appear in 10th boar examination.
30th April 2018, 07:29 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

CBSE refers to Central Board of Secondary Education and same is one of the three national board of education in India offering education upto higher secondary school level.

As far as you are concerned about the minimum age required for appearing in CBSE Class 10th board examination then it is 14 years by the 1st October of that year in which a candidate is entering his/her Class 10th.

So, being 13 years old and promoted to Class 9th this academic session your daughter is certainly eligible for appearing in her Class 10th board examination without any issue based on her age.

For more FAQs related to CBSE board examinations you can refer to the link www.cbse.nic.in.
30th April 2018, 07:51 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The requirements to appear for CBSE tenth board examination:

You should have studied upto ninth standard from a recognized board.

In ninth standard, you must register for board examination and select your subjects for board examination.

She can appear for board exam at age of 15 years.
30th April 2018, 07:55 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

The minimum age required to appear in 10th standard CBSE Board examinations is 15 years. Candidates who have qualified 9th standard and those who have pursued 10th standard from CBSE Board School are eligible to apply for 10th standard CBSE Board examinations. As per the information you have provided in your query, your daughter will be 15 years old at the completion of her 10th standard, so, she is eligible to appear in 10th standard CBSE Board examinations.
30th April 2018, 10:33 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, a 15 years old candidate appear in CBSE 10th board exam.

The minimum age required to appear for the 10th CBSE board exam is in between 14 to 15 years.

There is no maximum age limit to appear for the CBSE board exam.
1st May 2018, 04:25 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My daughter is 13 years of age. She is promoted to 9th standard now from CBSE Board. She will appear her 10th Board exam during her 15 years of age. So, she is eligible according to CBSE norms?
According to the CBSE Board there is no official announcement regarding the age limit to appear for the 10th Board examination. But, in general the age of the student should be 15 years old to appear for the 10th Board examination.

So, yes your daughter can appear for the 10th examination. No need to worry because its the decision of the school that your daughter has been promoted to the class 9 and this decision of promotion has already been informed by the school to the CBSE Board. So, they will allow your daughter to sit for the Board examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?