17th September 2010, 10:15 PM
shariqabi

Can a B.tech 4th year student apply for BSNL and other Government Jobs exams?

hiiii

i m persuing my b.tech 4th year.. n branch electronics n communication engineering in hyderabad.. n my total aggrigate is 55% upto knw... cn i apply in bsnl job... plz help me.. i m very tense in my life....

Related Questions:
  1. How can I apply for BSNL jobs while doing B.Tech 4th year?
  2. Previous BSNL question papers? How to get government BSNL jobs in 4th year B.Tech ECE
  3. Is it possible for me to apply for any Railway Government jobs which pursing 4th year B.Tech Mechanical?
  4. What are the various government jobs available for B.Tech ECE students? -- [New]
  5. Government jobs with handsome salary for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 4th year student?
  6. How may I get information about BSNL jobs with MCA qualification? How to prepare for those jobs?
  7. In which Government jobs am I eligible after completing B.Tech in ECE? Criteria for the government jobs? Which exams to appear for?
  8. Can I apply for BSNL government job in 4th year after studying B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering
  9. How to do government job after my B.Tech EEE?
  10. B.Tech 4th year students can apply for PSU or government jobs?
  11. What kind of Government Jobs that I can apply for being a candidate pursuing 4th year of B.Tech in IT?
  12. Can I take admission in B.E civil after passing B.Tech
  13. How to apply for various government sector exams like JTO, BSNL, NTPC and SAIL? What kind of preparation is needed?
  14. Exams for Government jobs for 3rd year B.tech (ECE) student? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. How can a ME 4th year student apply for jobs in various companies?
  16. Which Government Jobs a btech student (information technology) can apply?
  17. Which Government Jobs that I can apply being a candidate of pursuing 4th year B.Tech? When will be the notifications for these Government Jobs?
  18. Which are the government job exams for B.Tech ECE student? What kind of preparation is needed?
18th September 2010, 12:56 PM
meeria

Default Re: Can a B.tech 4th year student apply for BSNL and other Government Jobs exams?

dear friend

sorry! you can not join in BSNL after B.tech because you have bellow 60%.

If you have at least 4-5 year work experience then only you can join in BSNL.

after B.tech you can do M.tech by qualifying GATE exam.

as you wish

have a good day
19th September 2010, 03:42 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a B.tech 4th year student apply for BSNL and other Government Jobs exams?

yea you can. to join BSNL you have to give JTO or TTA examination. as your marks is below 60% so you may face problem to get job in government sector. but don't worry many sector recruit employee without marks criterion 60% surely you will get job in government sector if you try. best of luck.
19th September 2010, 08:11 PM
avinash kr.
Banned

yes you ca apply if you are eligible . please read the employment news regularly for a job or search in the website. i wish you can get a good job. thanking you.. best of luck..
19th September 2010, 10:07 PM
chaitu667

Hello bro!

You can apply for the BSNL jobs, but the percentage you have might be less than what they required. Mostly the eligibility for a candidate must be a greater percentage of 65% and above.

For the BSNL or other govt jobs it must be 60 or 65% and above are required. You may complete your M.Tech with a good percentage of marks then there will be fair chance of getting Govt jobs. or else join some private company and gain a experience of 3-4 years then there will be a chance for Govt job.

Good luck!
20th September 2010, 07:30 AM
palashbolia

Thumbs up Re: Can a B.tech 4th year student apply for BSNL and other Government Jobs exams?

No you cannot apply as your percentage are very less than the eligible percentage ,you can try for other companies which have 50% eligibility criteria.
20th September 2010, 04:56 PM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii

as u have less tan 60% u can face problems..but u can get into BSNL through JTo after ur garduation is over..
many other company take the students below 60%..

good luck.
28th September 2010, 10:48 PM
Unregistered

i AM DOING B.TECH IN IT BRANCH (FINAL YEAR )CAN I APPPLY FOR BSNL AND BANK PO JOBS
[email protected]
29th September 2010, 12:12 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

you can apply many jobs in gvt sector.

some of them are given below

1.airport authority of india.

2.railway.

3.JTO.

4.bANK p.o.

5.IES.

6.Indian army.

all the best...........
29th September 2010, 05:37 PM
teeks
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shariqabi View Post
hiiii

i m persuing my b.tech 4th year.. n branch electronics n communication engineering in hyderabad.. n my total aggrigate is 55% upto knw... cn i apply in bsnl job... plz help me.. i m very tense in my life....
yes you can
B.tech 4th year student apply for BSNL and other Government Jobs exams
best of luck
30th September 2010, 06:33 PM
yogeshkumarsoni

Dear friend,
You are eligible for BSNL jobs. For it you will have to face JTO exam.
Best of luck
30th September 2010, 10:19 PM
kool
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Can a B.tech 4th year student apply for BSNL and other Government Jobs exams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i AM DOING B.TECH IN IT BRANCH (FINAL YEAR )CAN I APPPLY FOR BSNL AND BANK PO JOBS
[email protected]
dear friend,

For the job of Bank PO you have to complete your graduation degree, then you can appear in these exams.

But for BSNL(JTO), you can apply in 4th year also.

As you a student of ECE then you can also try for Public sector unit companies like SAIL,BHEL,GAIL,NTPC etc.

You can also try for Indian Army/Air force/Navy in 4th year, if you are interested in defence.

There are so many choices for you, kindly choose any one as per your own interest.

good luck.
30th September 2010, 10:23 PM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend,
There are so many government sector jobs you can sit final year.

You can sit in :

IES
BSNL(JTO)
NTPC
GAIL
BHEL
SAIL & all PSU jobs.
Indian Army/Air force/Navy

You will face problem because so many companies put criteria of 60% in B.Tech. But you should try for government sector jobs.

You can also try for telecom companies.

good luck.
30th September 2010, 11:27 PM
babydoll

Hi!
Yes you can apply for each and every goverment jobs conducted by upsc.
the percentage requirement will be min 50%.
so don't get tensed because shakespeare said don't worry! because if you are worried you get a wrinkle, so why don't you smile and get a dimple.

think positive you will surely get success.
Good luck!!
1st October 2010, 12:20 AM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Dear friend

After passing the BTech 8 semester you can apply in BSNL or any other government services.Generally you can not apply as appearing candidate in any government service except defense services.

Thank you.
1st October 2010, 12:25 AM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

Hi friend,

As BSNL does not mention the percentage criterian in their exam notification , they just require Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Technology or equivalent in Electrical Engineering from a recognized Institution/University.
Hence you are eligible for BSNL JTO exam. Also you can try TTO exam. However you will face problems in interview but satisfying them will sure lead you to this job.
1st October 2010, 02:55 AM
vik111

dear friend,
There are so many government sector jobs you can sit final year-

IES
BSNL(JTO)
NTPC
GAIL
BHEL
SAIL & all PSU jobs.
Indian Army/Air force/Navy

You will face problem because so many companies put criteria of 60% in B.Tech. But you should try for government sector jobs.

You can also try for telecom companies.

good luck.
2nd October 2010, 12:21 AM
mseetharamster

different jobs of BSNL have different requirements,different percentages and different requirements..
like some jobs require experience and some are for freshers too....

so for the job you want to apply ....see the notification and you can find them....

most likely many require 60% aggregate
13th October 2010, 02:12 PM
Unregistered

is a person with below 60% marks in b.tech eligible to give the jto exam
14th October 2010, 12:51 AM
Unregistered

all GOVT JOBS DONT ALLOW FINAL YEAR STUDENTS SUCH AS SAIL,DRDO ETC.
ONLY JTO ALLOWS FINAL YEAR STUDENTS.........
14th October 2010, 01:35 AM
expart

ello dear

you can't apply for BSNL and other Government Jobs exams before doing btech.

you can apply many jobs in gvt sector after complition of your btech.

some of them are given below

1.airport authority of india.

2.railway.

3.JTO.

4.bANK p.o.

5.IES.

6.Indian army.

all the best...........
14th October 2010, 02:24 AM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Smile Re: Can a B.tech 4th year student apply for BSNL and other Government Jobs exams?

Quote:
hiiii

dear friend,

for all government exams there is need only passout candidates.so you are presently not eligible.

sometimes there also required 60% in marks.

good luck.
14th October 2010, 12:43 PM
nillu
Senior Member+

Ther are different criteria set by different organistaion for different post so to know details you need to see the notification but than also most of the organisation need that the essential qualificaton must be possed by a student before applying for a given post as they do,t need much rush
14th October 2010, 12:51 PM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Yes of course final year students are allowed for BSNL jto,and also many other PSU,govt.sector firms.according to the 2009 vacancies just an engineering degree.So the good news is you are very much eligible,so keep checking the the freshersworld.com,you will get the details as soon as the vacancies are out.
Keep in touch. good luck.
26th October 2010, 12:20 PM
Unregistered

I am Piya Sharma a 4th year B.Tech(IT) student. Can I apply for JTO exam
26th October 2010, 12:40 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir/mam.. am pursuing my B.Tech IT.Am in the final year.I have got 78.6% till sixth sem.And can i apply for the jto exam this year and whn is the exam date for the jto exam.plzzzz reply [email protected]
28th October 2010, 08:11 PM
nillu
Senior Member+

Quote:
Hi sir/mam.. am pursuing my B.Tech IT.Am in the final year.I have got 78.6% till sixth sem.And can i apply for the jto exam this year and whn is the exam date for the jto exam.plzzzz reply [email protected]

For the JTO exam you first ned to pas out the qualifying exam than only you can write the exam
29th October 2010, 02:35 PM
professor.singh

Quote:
hiiii

hello,

No you cant apply for BSNL office after your B.tech if your persentage is bellow 60%.

sudy hard and prepare for the Other examinations as for GATE.

All the best
30th October 2010, 09:56 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
[email protected]
yea final year student can apply for the BSNL and BANK PO jobs. but till which notification published for BSNL there final year student can not apply. for final year student notification will come out soon for BSNL.

but for BANK PO if there is mentioned that they need student who will pass out after june month then only final year student can apply. otherwise they can not apply.

do not worry notification will come soon for final year student also.

best wishes.
31st October 2010, 04:16 AM
babydoll

Hi!
To join BSNL you have to write the JTO(junior telecommunication officer),this is the central government job conducted bu upsc.
After clearing the written test you are invited for interview,which is of two categories such as technical and non-technical.
So don't get tensed there is a good chance for you...just try to grab it.
Best of luck!!
31st October 2010, 05:58 PM
princearyan
Senior Member+

dear friends,

yes ,4t year students can apply for the BHEL This year.

but only those students whose final results will be ready till december 2010.

other wise you can not apply.it has been written clealy that only those 4t year whose

final results will be ready till december 2010.

you can get the details information on the websites of the BHEL.
31st October 2010, 08:18 PM
poplu13
Senior Member+

dear friend !!

you need not be tensed so much ..

Yes ofcourse you can join BSNL and other such govt. jobs...But you can apply BSNL only after completing Graduation....

you can apply for other govt. jobs also..

Good luck!!
31st October 2010, 08:29 PM
koli

Quote:
I am Piya Sharma a 4th year B.Tech(IT) student. Can I apply for JTO exam
if you have 60% marks in graduation then you can apply..
31st October 2010, 08:31 PM
koli

Quote:
no you can not apply this year..
first you complete your b.tech with 60%, then you can apply.
19th November 2010, 12:32 AM
Unregistered

ee student can join bsnl?
20th November 2010, 03:22 AM
Unregistered

can a B.tech 4th year(IT or EI) branch apply for th bsnl JTO exams ... give the clear detail plzzzzzzzzzzzz
29th November 2010, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

i am b.tech 4th year my percentage is 65% in b.tech and my inter is 73% but 10th is 50% plz tell i am eligible or not in bsnl government exam
1st December 2010, 04:55 PM
Unregistered

hello sir....im pursuing btech final year in electronics & instrumentation....can i apply for any jobs now?........and till nw im having 65%......plz inform me.....
19th December 2010, 05:27 PM
Unregistered

can computer science student eligible for jto examination.
28th April 2011, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

sir, i just entered in to b.tech final year from electrical dept.what all psu jobs i can apply in fourth year.can you please provide me a brief view regarding govt. jobs sir.
6th May 2011, 01:33 PM
Abhi..nav

Arrow Re: Can a B.tech 4th year student apply for BSNL and other Government Jobs exams?

you can get some govt job in BSNL .
and you are also elligible for UPSC exams.
so try for that
29th May 2011, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

iam doing my b.ech ece 3rd year can i get jobs in bsnl reply me at [email protected]
15th July 2011, 12:25 AM
shekhar.379

Hi dear,

yea final year student can apply for the BSNL and BANK PO jobs. but till which notification published for BSNL there final year student can not apply. for final year student notification will come out soon for BSNL.

but for BANK PO if there is mentioned that they need student who will pass out after june month then only final year student can apply. otherwise they can not apply.

do not worry notification will come soon for final year student also.

Thanks
30th July 2011, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

hi... im a final ece student and i hav 81 percenage till now...can i apply 4 bsnl job...
30th July 2011, 09:44 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Yes, you can apply for BSNL or any kind of govt. jobs..
The eligibility criteria for BSNL JTO exam -

1.One must have complete the graduation in any of the mentioned engineering stream-
Electronics and communication
Electrical
Radio technology
Computer science
information technology
2.One can also appear in the JTO exam during the final year of graduation..
3.The candidates age must be in between 21-30years..(for general category)..
For SC/ST the age relaxation is of 5years..
For OBC the age relaxation is of 3years..
4.The candidate must have citizenship of India..
So, you have to fulfill all these criteria to appear in JTO exam..
As you are from ECE stream then you can apply for BSNL JTO(telecom) post..

You can also go for govt. jobs like-
1.ISRO
2.DRDO
3.BARC
4.SAIL
5.BEL
6.BHEL
7.NTPC
8.RRB
9.BANK PO
10.UPSC civil service exam...

ALL THE BEST..
31st July 2011, 12:48 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
hiiii

dear friend,

the notification for BSNL JTO examination for 2011 is not published yet.

eligibility criteria for BSNL JTO exam:-

you must possess a Bachelor of Engineering / Bachelor of Technology or equivalent Engineering degree in any of the following disciplines from a recognized engineering college / university :

1. Telecommunication,
2. Electronics,
3. Radio,
4. Computer,
5. Electrical

To know the Exact date and time you have to Regular touch with the Employment news or visit the official website of BSNL:

http://www.bsnl.co.in

all the best
31st July 2011, 12:52 AM
aroy8091

yes you can apply for the BSNL through JTO examination

But as you marks is so poor it creates some problems . Minimum % required is 60% or above that. So better appear for the GATE exam & complete your M.tech with good % then only you can apply for those examination

all the best................
31st July 2011, 05:47 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
yes, you can apply when you reached for final year
also able to apply for all the govt. jobs like:-
BSNL
ISRO
DRDO
IES
IPS
IAS

so age limit is 21 to 30 years.......

at the time of interview you show your certificate or markshhet of all semester
or year wise............
31st July 2011, 08:54 AM
nambardar
Senior Member+

now you are not able to join bsnl because you have 55% in degree.
but after final year if you get minimum 60% in your over all degree course then you are able to apply for jto and tta posts.
so, this is depsnds upon your hard work and your result..
31st July 2011, 09:15 AM
luckykai007

Hello friend ......

The BSNL has not mentioned any of the percentage criteria in its advertisement for the post of the JTO (Junior Telecom Officer) .

It only requires the candidates with the B.Tech or the B.E degree from any of the recognized university or the board .

And the age limit is 21 years to 30 years for the general category candidates .

So as you have passed the B.Tech degree with 55% of the marks and from ECE branch then you can definitely for the post of the JTO in BSNL

so best of luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?