22nd April 2011, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

Can a commerce student to BSc in Animation?

I wish to do B.Sc in animation but as stated that the student wanting to study this must be a science student, I am in a jeopardy as I am a commerce student. Please let me know if it is possible for me to do this course by any means. I have a years gap when i am going to improve my drawing skills to the best. Therefore i have time for carrying out all necessary steps to study animation.

P.S- Please do not advise me to appear for CET. That is not my cup of tea to be very frank!

23rd June 2011, 10:10 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a commerce student to BSc in Animation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I wish to do B.Sc in animation but as stated that the student wanting to study this must be a science student, I am in a jeopardy as I am a commerce student. Please let me know if it is possible for me to do this course by any means. I have a years gap when i am going to improve my drawing skills to the best. Therefore i have time for carrying out all necessary steps to study animation.

P.S- Please do not advise me to appear for CET. That is not my cup of tea to be very frank!
Firstly, i have to Inform You that, Any 12Th Passed Student are eligible to get admission in B.sc Animation Course. So, If you have completed your 12Th examination, then you are eligible to apply for This course.

Eligibility Criteria for B.sc Animation -

To apply for this course, You have to complete your 12Th examination from a Recognised board in any stream, So If you are commerce Student, then definitely you are eligible for B.sc Animation Course.

But You have to scored at least 50% Marks in your 12Th examination Or Equivalent examination.

The admission in this course are based on entrance examination and Personal Interview, But you will also get direct admission in this course, Many colleges will provide direct admission, So please Dont worry, If you are interested in this course and you have completed your 12Th examination, then you are eligible for B.sc Animation course.
23rd June 2011, 10:19 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Hello friend,

It is the fact that one must be from science background to pursue B.Sc in animation.

Other than B.Sc degree course, you can also have options like diploma certification courses on animation.

After completing any diploma course on animation you can apply for graduation in this field.

Other options are not suited for you as you belong from commerce background. So pursue the diploma first and then look for higher studies step by step.

Best wishes.
23rd June 2011, 10:21 PM
sourindra

You need not to be give the CET exam for admission in the animation course. You are also eligible for B.Sc in Animation course.
23rd June 2011, 11:15 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

HI
yes,you are eligible for animation course.

Now animation has more demand
but if you do success in this course then a big chances waiting for you............

every field now of days
use animation.
with out animation you can not see new world...........
23rd June 2011, 11:59 PM
kritika@Hans

hi
dear for doing b.sc one must have done his/her class 12 with any stream..
even if you look at the cut off for delhi university then the cut off for b.sc courses have two columns;
one for science stream and other with non-science stream....
ya definitely the cut off for b.sc for non-science stream students is 5% high than the science stream students but you'll surely get admission in college of vocational studies....
all the best
24th June 2011, 12:20 AM
saawan

Thumbs up Re: Can a commerce student to BSc in Animation?

YOU SHOULD GO FOR THE B.COM,CPT EXAM ,CS EXAM;

BSc Animation (Duration: 3 years)
IF U R GOOD IN creativity and art .THEN THIS IS BEST OPTOIN TO CHOOSE

1.B.Sc (Hons) Digital Art & Technology - 3 years
2. B.Sc (Hons)Games & Interactive Media - 3 years
3. B.Sc (Hons) Multimedia Production & Technology -
4 . B.Sc (Hons) Design Ecologies - 3 years
5 . B.A (Hons) Design Ecologies - 3 years
6 . B.Sc (Hons) Design Visualization - 3 years

GUD LUCK FOR YOUR FUTURE
24th June 2011, 01:12 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in B.Sc Animation course as the eligibility criteria for the same is as under-
1. You must be a 12th pass from a recognized board in any stream.
2. You have scored at least 50% marks in your 12th class.

So it will not matters to you that you are from a commerce stream.So if your interest lies in the same then its better to give it the priority.And its good that in a years gap you can be well prepared for it.But as far as you concern that you don't want to appear in CET then let me make you clear that many students have some phobia with CET though they are very easy if one has a well preparation for it.So appear in it just for fun without thinking any competition at least for practice sake.And do remember that some colleges provide direct admission to this course.So you can take the admission in those colleges & fulfill your dreams.
24th June 2011, 12:52 PM
animationlivechd

I agree with rahul but there are few many other options also available..like my brother has done his degree from Animation live and he is not from science background. Animation courses this institute are very high class. Highly recommended...
24th June 2011, 02:30 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
To pursue course in animation, you must have a good drawing skill. An animator have a creative bent of mind with an eye for detail and passion to turn thoughts into images.
To pursue BSc animation, you must have qualified +2 level of examination in any discipline.
The duration of the course is 3 years.
For further information, you may refer to the official website of institutes offering the course like MAAC, Frameboxx, Webel DQE Animation Academy etc.
26th June 2011, 12:19 AM
Ramjash
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Yes, you are eligible for BSc animation after 12 though your stream is commerce . Please go and try to get admission in any college of your choice.

Min qualification for admission is 12 th with 50 % marks. In few private college there is no test even. All the best.

Regards,

Ramjash
7th August 2011, 01:06 AM
Unregistered

Hey I have completed my B.com and iwanna do bsc agri. or life science in distance education is it possible ???
18th March 2012, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

fees for doing 1st yr in ask clg f animation pune.
19th March 2012, 12:38 AM
simmi9044

yes u r eligible.Eligibility Criteria for B.sc
Animation -
You
have to complete your 12Th
examination from a Recognised
board in any stream, So If you
are commerce Student, then
definitely you are eligible for B.sc
Animation Course.
But You have to scored at least
50% Marks in your 12Th
examination Or Equivalent
examination.
8th April 2012, 09:30 PM
Dilbag86

The BSc (Multimedia) program has been specifically designed to provide a launch-pad to the 10+2 students towards a successful career in visual effects for films and television, and emerging applications for 3D visualization and animation. The comprehensive program covers the fundamentals of art, animation design, and visual effects, and subsequent application of these basics to 3D modeling, character animation, character rigging, texture and lighting, compositing , visual effects and more.

The practical training in Animation provided under this program mirrors the work in professional animation and visual effects houses. This training is delivered in state-of-the-art laboratories that boast of a one-to-one (student-to-machine) ratio, encompassing the hands-on knowledge of industry standard animation and visual effects softwares, including Adobe Photoshop, Autodesk Maya, Premiere, After Effects, Z-Brush, Boujou, and Fusion.

Additionally, the enrolled candidates are exposed to the Global markets through the ‘Picasso International Outlearn Program’ in Singapore. Under this program, student visits are organized to leading Animation Schools and Studios in Singapore for experiential learning and exploring global options available in the field of animation and gaming.

Also included under this program is the ‘Dale Carnegie Training’ module, specially crafted to emphasize practical principles and processes that offer people the knowledge, skills and practices they need to add value to the base of the career. These real-world skills convert the individual into an industry-ready professional prepared to meet the demands & challenges of the corporate world.

Program Deliverables
BSc Degree from PTU (UGC Recognized)
Certificate from Picasso

Program Duration: 36 months consisting of Six Semesters

Semester-wise Course Modules

Semester 1
* History of Animation
* Drawing Concepts
* Color Studies
* Character Design-1
* introduction to 2D Animation
* Digital Methodologies: Sound & Audio

Semester 2
* Advanced 2D Animation
* Character Design-2
* Script Writing and Sequential Narrative
* Matte Painting

Semester 3
* Digital Methodologies: Modeling
* Digital Methodologies: Character Modeling
* Digital Methodologies: Lighting & Texturing
* Digital Methodologies: Introduction to Dynamics

Semester 4
* Digital Methodologies: Animation
* Digital Methodologies: Character Rigging
* Digital Methodologies: Advanced Dynamics

Semester 5
* Video Editing & Compositing
* Corporate Communication
* Movie Merchandising
* Portfolio Developments

Semester 6
* Movie
* Practical Internship

Candidate Eligibility
* 10+2 or Equivalent (Any Stream) with good English communication skills and creative bent of mind.
* Admission is based on performance in the creative aptitude test and personal interview with the academic manager.
24th May 2012, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

Can i know where are some best centers located? and i evn want to know the fee structre.. Or the estimated total cource fee
30th May 2017, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

I am praful of 12th commerce i have to do my future in animation & gaming, but i heard that it can be done only by science student
& i am done commerce after 10 & its now completed 12 in commerce
so if have any idea that how can i do my future in animation & gaming so please contact me on this mob.no.8128377244 or you can also mail me on [email protected]
9th June 2019, 10:19 PM
Unregistered

Is maths compulsory to take for bsc in animation for a commerce student
19th November 2020, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

Commerce with computer science student take bsc animation
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?