28th January 2013, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

Can a commerce student do B.Tech?

Respected Sir/Mam,
I am in class x right now and just want to enquire if can approach for B.Tech from any commerce subject. If so then mention the streams.

11th April 2013, 02:43 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a commerce student do B.Tech?

No, it is better to take science stream in 12th. 12th passed students having studied physics, chemistry and mathematics as subjects can apply for B.Tech. Admission is carried out through entrance test like AIEEE or IIT JEE. After 10th, you can join diploma program. After completion of the course, you can join to 2nd year of engineering degree.
14th April 2013, 03:58 PM
Unregistered

dear Sir/Madam i m in 10th and i m weak in science so i choose commerce so can i do b.tech in future with computer science and i have a lot of interst in computer.
14th April 2013, 07:30 PM
sanj69
Senior Member+

No, a Commerce Student is not eligible for B.Tech.Degree.

B.Tech. - Bachelor of Technology is a four years Engineering Degree and can be pursed after 12th from Science stream.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian Citizen having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with 50% and above marks from a recognised Board above the age of 17 years is eligible to apply for B.Tech. Degree through cracking respective entrance exams.
14th April 2013, 08:15 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,
I am sorry to say that you can not join B.tech course if you are commerce students.

B.tech course for only pcm candidates.

After 12th pcm subject, you can apply Aieee as well as IIT exam.

AIEEE exam is entrance ewxam to do b.tech from any stream.

but IIT is biggest level of Engineering course,.

You have to choose another career option.

All the best,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
4th July 2013, 12:24 AM
Unregistered

Can i do b.tech and be an automobile engineer
But i am a commerce student and my dream is to be an automobile engineer
4th July 2013, 10:41 AM
No 1
Senior Member+

Hi............
Friends,

Sorry,

You are not eligible for B.Tech course after commerce students.

B.Tech course only PCM candidates.After 12th PCM Subjects you can apply AIEEE, as will as IIT exam.

All the best...................
4th July 2013, 06:25 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You can not do Engineering with Commerce subjects. You will have to take the Science subjects combination of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. No other option available to do Bachelor of Technology course.

However since you are doing 10th. There is option of doing diploma in Engineering after 10th instead of going for the 11th standard. The diploma course has the duration of 3 years.

After completing the diploma, I will urge you to go for the graduation course. The diploma course alone can not provide good jobs. Therefore take admission for the B.Tech through lateral entry.

Lateral Entry means admission in the second year of B.Tech. It is possible for the diploma holders to do so. You will have to appear for the Lateral Entry Engineering Test to get the admission.

The second option is of course to complete 12th with PCM subjects. After which you will have to appear for the Joint Entrance Exam for the admission in Engineering colleges.

JEE Eligibility

1. You should pass 12th Class.

2. With subjects combination of Physics, Chemistry and Maths.

3. Diploma holders can also apply for the exam.

4. There is no percentage criteria.

5. Your age should be less than 25 years to apply.

6. There is 5 years relaxation for SC/ST.

7. You will first appear for the JEE Mains.

8. Only appear for JEE Advanced if want admission in IITs.

9. Only the top 150,00 who passes JEE Mains can appear for Advanced.
1st March 2014, 06:58 PM
Unregistered

In 12th i got 65% these subject entrepreuship ,account,english,business and hindi can i apply for bba?
18th May 2014, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

I want konw that after complng my 10 form commerc side they is any course that we can do
7th October 2014, 09:55 AM
Unregistered

dear Sir/Madam i m in 12th class take commerce + IP(computer). choose commerce so can i do b.tech in future with computer science and i have a lot of interest in computer(Hardware + Software).
7th October 2014, 09:57 AM
Unregistered

dear Sir/Madam i m in 12th class and choose commerce IP(computer) so can i do b.tech in future with computer science and i have a lot of interest in computer (hardware software).
2nd February 2015, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

dear sir/mam i am in 12th in commerce with maths..so i can not decide..what can i do after 12th.. so plzz give me suggestion related to computer(software).....
2nd February 2015, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

dear Sir/Madam i m in 12th class and choose commerce with maths ...so i can not decide what can i do ..so give me suggestion related to computer (software)cources.
28th February 2015, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir/Madam I m in 12th I passed 10th wit 75% because of my parents I took commerce with computer science...I m intrested to do software engineering can I take b.tech plz suggest me.
1st April 2015, 12:21 AM
secret29
Senior Member+

If you not from science streams then you are not eligible to take admission in B.Tech.
Because science stream with Math as a main subject is the most important eligibility criteria to join this course.
You can go for the other courses like BSc,BA,B.com,BBA,BBM...

If you have got good marks in 12th std then only you should go for B.tech course.

Entrance exams for the admissions in B.tech colleges are listed as bellow-->>>

IIT JEE,
AIEEE,
VTU JEE,
UPTU SEE,
BCCE,
CPMED-K
CUSAT,
ISAT,
RPET,
PTET,
IPUCET,
etc...
11th April 2015, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I am in class 11th and i am weak in maths so i choose commerce stream. With class 11th i also doing polytechnic course. Can i do 'Btech' in future with commerce stream an polytechnic diploma?
19th September 2015, 10:53 PM
Unregistered

What are the jobs related to computer for a computer commerce student
29th March 2016, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

Good morning sir I want to know that now I have finished 10th join 11th commerce IP so after I finish 12th commerce I want to do computer hardware so what ideas can I get I should do
21st April 2016, 11:46 PM
sah.alok932

No You Cannot Go for B.tech with Commerce Stream.

In order to do B.tech/B.E it is necessary to opt for Science Stream with
PHYSICS,CHEMISTRY AND MATHEMATICS in Intermediate/10+2.

Pure Science stream is required to go for B.tech after Class 10.
With commerce after class 10 you might have Maths in 10+2,but not Physics and Chemistry which equally important to do B.tech after 10+2.

So it is strictly advised to go for PURE SCIENCE stream and not even Bio science stream so to study Physics,Maths and Chemistry and get entry for B.Tech because even with Bio science stream you will be asked to study Biology instead of Maths which is required for MBBS and not for B.tech.
10th May 2016, 04:38 PM
Unregistered

sir i am commerce with math student and i,m interested in computer science and software engineer so sir which course is best for me. please tell what i do
31st July 2016, 02:23 PM
ParasG006

Smile Re: Can a commerce student do B.Tech?

Yes he/She can, if, after he/she opts for diploma/polytechnic program after 10th or 12th.Then he can get lateral entry (LEET)in btech 2nd yronly after completing diploma program (3yrs).
I have done my 12th from commerce stream and now i am doing btech in IT after completing my polytechnic only.
18th September 2016, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

I have interest in software courses , but unfortunately I hate science so I have already chosen for commerce as my stream in 11th (FYJC). So what are the possibilities of me getting any software and IT related course
20th September 2016, 12:50 PM
Preeti @

No, it is not possible to do B.tech with commerce stream. If you want to do B.tech then it is necessary to take science stream with maths. After 10+2 you must appear in the engineering entrance exam and if you work hard & crack entrance exam then you are eligible for the admission in B.tech. So if your dream is B.tech then you must go through science stream with maths after 10th .
1st February 2020, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

CAN I DO B.TECH AFTER 12 I HAVE TAKEN COMMERCE IN CLASS 12. BUT I HAVE INFORMATICS PRACTICES(I.P) AS MY 5TH SUBJECT. ??
5th October 2020, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

You can do bca mca = btech cs or you can do graduation with bba or bcom and prepare for cat or either government services .....please do not think too much be definite and clear .....remember that choosing the wrong stream does not make your life wrong
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?