9th November 2012, 08:13 PM
Unregistered

Can a Handicapped person give IAS exam?

can a handicapped person give
ias exam and be ias officer

22nd April 2013, 07:09 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can a Handicapped person give IAS exam?

if a person is in govt. service like ssc he is eligible to appear in ias exam ?
30th March 2014, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

my three incisors are lost and my two fingers are bent but i can write and i have duplicate teeth can i be given resetvation for ias exam please reply
3rd April 2014, 07:50 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Yes. The candidates who are physically handicapped are also eligible to give IAS Exam subject to fulfilling of required eligibility criteria.

Here is the eligibility criteria required for the candidates to become IAS Officer.

Academic Qualification :

One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.

No minimum percentage of marks are required for the candidates in Graduation.

Age criteria :
The candidate of General category should be in the age group of 21-30 years.
Relaxation in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category.
Relaxation in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of SC or ST category.

The nationality of the candidate should be India to give this Exam.

The selection procedure that you should crack will be
Civil Services Aptitude Test
Civil Services Main Exam
Interview

CSAT Exam is going to be conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) once in a year.

If you are a candidate of physically handicapped, you will get relaxation in upper age limit upto 10 years.

So, you can apply for Civil Services Exam till the age of 40 years.

If you possess the above mentioned criteria, I suggest you to apply for CSAT Exam.

Wish you all the best.
27th April 2014, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

what about the percentage criteria of physically handicapped ? how many attempt for physically handicapped?
6th April 2015, 05:35 AM
Unregistered

What is upper age limit for ph general female in ias exami n what percent of ph is valid in ias exam
29th July 2015, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

I am physically Handicapped with My right leg of 40%. I have completed my M.A in (English; Educational Psychology), M.A in Psychology (Part I); B.Ed (Regular- medium English); M.Ed (Regular (Medium English) and recently I have also cleared up my NET in first attempt itself. I really need a government job of high pay scale as entire family depends on me. Please suggest ways to go about. My age is 41.
7th January 2019, 07:25 AM
Unregistered

I am physically handicapped with 60% deafness in left and 53% deafness in right ear. I am M.A. ( AIHCA) can I apply for upsc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?