10th November 2015, 12:09 AM
Unregistered

Can I appear in both NDA I and II?

I am Dilip. I am in class 11.My date of birth is 05/10/1998. Can I appear for nda I and II in 2016? Both for the I and II.

10th November 2015, 12:47 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in both NDA I and II?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am Dilip. I am in class 11.My date of birth is 05/10/1998. Can I appear for nda I and II in 2016? Both for the I and II.
Yes, you can appear in both NDA I and II in 2016.

The candidates who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years.
10th November 2015, 01:30 AM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# NDA stands for National Defence Academy.

# I would like to make aware you that NDA Examination is conducted two times in a year. This is the reason why it is named NDA-I and NDA-II.

# However there is no any difference in the eligibility criteria and required educational qualification for both NDA-I and NDA-II. There is similar required prescribed educational qualification, age limit and other eligibility conditions.

# One has its sole discretion either to apply for any of NDA Examination or apply for both NDA I and II Examinations provided that he must fulfilling the laid down eligibility criteria.

# Here below, I am providing you the brief eligibility criteria for NDA Examination:

* Must be Indian national.
* Must have completed intermediate in any stream.
* Candidate with any stream/background in intermediate are eligible.
* Candidate with any percentage marks are eligible for NDA Examination as only passing marks are required in 10+2 level.
* Students going to appeared or studying in the intermediate are also provisionally eligible.
* Candidate must be compulsorily MALE only.
* Candidate must be UNMARRIED.
* Must be above the age of 16.5 years.
* Must below the age of 19 years.
* Candidate must have perfectly physical fitness level in all respects.
* Candidate must bear moral character.
* Candidate must have vision of 6/6 or 6/9.
* Must be free from night blindness, colour blindness, conjunctiva etc.
* Must not have KNOCK KNEE.
* Must not have FLAT FEET.

# Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) holds the National Defence Academy (NDA) Examination two times in a year. So it advisable to the willing candidates that they should visit the official website of UPSC in order to get more detailed information regarding National Defence Academy (NDA). The official website of Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is http://upsc.gov.in
10th November 2015, 06:33 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for the National Defence Academy examination. UPSC conducts this exam twice every year.

For this exam:

1. Candidates must have completed 10+2 from a recognized board. 10+2 appearing candidates can also apply for the exam.

You must be appearing for 10+2 exam in 2016 to apply for NDA I and II exams. The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years, so in terms of age limit you are eligible for the exam.

Official website for further information and query :www.upsc.gov.in.
10th November 2015, 08:24 AM
H Rimmy

No you are not eligible for NDA exam after completing 11th .You should have complete your 12th to apply for NDA exam.

Process for NDA exam :- You must have completed 12th in Physics,Chemistry & Maths.There is no any specific percentage criteria.

Age limitations:-Age must be in between 16.5 to 19 years.

Physical Requirements:- You must be physically fit.

Only unmarried male candidates can apply for this exam.

NDA stands for National Defense Academy.This exam is conducted by UPSC in every year.
10th November 2015, 11:24 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and it is an academy that is responsible for providing necessary training and education to those who are interested in becoming officer in the defence field.

The NDA examination is organised twice every by union public service commission by the name of NDA I & NDA II. Also the same examination is conducted in two stages which are called as Written examination and Service Selection Board interview respectively.

For appearing in the same k you need to have the qualifications given here under :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male resident.

* Your age must lie in between 16.5 years to 19 years.

* You must have either completed or must be in the final year of your higher secondary school degree or any other equivalent degree course from a recognised university.

* You must be physically and mentally fit as per the service requirement norms.

Now as you are currently a Class 11th student so you are not eligible for NDA I 2016 which is likely to be held in April but you are eligible for appearing in NDA II 2016 and NDA I 2017 if you fulfil all the above mentioned eligibility criteria.

For more information regarding the same examination you can log on to the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
10th November 2015, 04:54 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
NDA Exam 2016 will be conducted on 17th April 2016.

Important Dates of NDA Exam (I) 2016:
Release of Notifications: 2nd Jan 2016
Online Application starts: 2nd Jan 2016
Last date to apply for NDA: 29th Jan 2016
Last date of fee payment: 29th Jan 2016
Availability of Admit Cards: Before 3 weeks of exam
Commencement of Exam: 17th April 2016
Results Declaration: July-August 2016

In this upcoming NDA (I) exam, approximate 320 posts will be filled through NDA Exam among which:
Army: 208 posts
Navy: 42 posts
Air Force: 70 posts
Naval Academy: 55 posts

Eligibility for NDA Exam
Only Unmarried Male candidates are eligible to apply for NDA Exam.
Age Limit: DOB of candidate must lie between 2 July 1997 and 1 July 2000.

Since your DOB is 5 October 1998, so you can apply for both NDA Exams i.e I & II.
10th November 2015, 09:31 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Sorry, you are not eligible to appear for the NDA I and the NDA II both the examination as according to the qualification.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidates must have passed or pursuing in 10+2 from the recognised board.
* Candidates must have the age between the 16.5-19.5 years.

So, you are not eligible to appear for the examination. The examination is conducted in the two stages and the candidates have to qualify in both the stages for the final selection for the service.

For more information about the examination visit at the http://www.upsc.gov.in
10th November 2015, 10:06 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear for the NDA examination. NDA examination is conducted by the UPSC twice every year.

Since you are in the 11th now you have to wait for the next year to appear for the examination as according to the qualification or notification by the UPSC.

The examination is conducted in the two stages and the candidates have to qualify in both the stages for the final recruitment.
11th November 2015, 03:02 PM
Mohit.Bansal

You can apply for NDA exam in 2016. NDA stands for National Defence Academy. The exam is conducted by UPSC twice in a year named as NDA-I and NDA-II.

NDA Exam is conducted for following fields-
>>IAF
>>INA
>>IMA
Age Limit- Candidates age should be within 16.5 years to 19 years.

Educational Qualification- For IAF and INA candidates must have completed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. For IMA candidate must have passed 12th with any subjects. Candidates appearing in final year of the exam can also apply.

How To Apply?

You need to apply for the exam online on following given url-
http://upsconline.nic.in/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?