24th November 2015, 08:42 AM
Deepak252

Can I appear for an IAS exam in 2016 if still having pending reappears?

I am Persuing BBA and i had passed all semsters but my 2nd sem reappear is still pending bcz of some circumstances i was not able to fill the reappear form. now my 2nd sem reappear form will be fill in February 2016 and exam will be in may 2016 and the result will be out by august 2016 . now please tell me that can i appear for ias Pelims exam in Aug 2016 as till ias mains my reappear will be cleared . and if yes them plz tell me what should i mention in the form ? please answer all my questions bcz already my 1 year is wasted due to reappear. Please Reply Me please .

24th November 2015, 07:28 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for an IAS exam in 2016 if still having pending reappears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepak252 View Post
I am Persuing BBA and i had passed all semsters but my 2nd sem reappear is still pending bcz of some circumstances i was not able to fill the reappear form. now my 2nd sem reappear form will be fill in February 2016 and exam will be in may 2016 and the result will be out by august 2016 . now please tell me that can i appear for ias Pelims exam in Aug 2016 as till ias mains my reappear will be cleared . and if yes them plz tell me what should i mention in the form ? please answer all my questions bcz already my 1 year is wasted due to reappear. Please Reply Me please .
No, you are not eligible for IAS preliminary exam which is conducted on August 2016. So first cleared your pending backlog then you are eligible for IAS exam. If you have cleared your pending backlog then you are eligible for IAS exam 2017.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IAS exam.

Age criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction
24th November 2015, 10:46 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for an IAS exam in 2016 if still having pending reappears?

Yes, you can definitely reappear if you will be able to clear you 2nd semester.
Otherwise , you will have to appear in 2017 if some how you shall not be able to appear for the exam.
Try to clear your 2nd semester and appear in the exam and moreover you will have to show your certificates if you get selected.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?