21st September 2015, 02:05 AM
Unregistered

Physically challenged 35 years old candidate can appear for IAS exam 2016?

dear sir,
I am ch.devendar, pwd sir, my D.O.B.02.06.1981. I have 3 attempts till in 2009. Sir am i eligible for csp ias 2016 sir or not?

21st September 2015, 03:05 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Physically challenged 35 years old candidate can appear for IAS exam 2016?

IAS stands for the Indian Administrative Services. UPSC conducts Civil Services exam for services like IAS, IPS, IRS etc.

The upper age limit for physically handicapped candidates of different category is:

1. General PH candidates: 42 years.

2. OBC PH candidates: 45 years.

3. SC/ST PH candidates: 47 years.

There are nine attempts for the general candidates, no limit upto upper age limit for OBC and SC/ST candidates. So, you can apply for the IAS exam in 2016.

Notification will come on 23/04/2016.
21st September 2015, 03:20 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Physically challenged 35 years old candidate can appear for IAS exam 2016?

Physically challenged candidates are given special age relaxation as well as in number of attempts as compared to the general category candidates.

For example the general age limit is 21-32 years but for general category Physically handicapped candidate it is 21-42 years. For OBC and SC/ST candidates it is more relaxed to 45 years and 47 years.

Also there are nine attempt for Physically handicapped general students and no limit upto upper age limit for OBC and SC/ST candidates.

Therefore being a 35 years candidate, you are eligible to apply for the exam in 2016.
21st September 2015, 05:20 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
dear sir,
I am ch.devendar, pwd sir, my D.O.B.02.06.1981. I have 3 attempts till in 2009. Sir am i eligible for csp ias 2016 sir or not?
Yes, you are eligible for IAS exam 2016.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. IAS exam is conducted one time in a year.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam. This exam doesn't require any percentage marks in graduation degree.

Age criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years
For PH: 21 to 40 years

No. of attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction
21st September 2015, 05:46 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Yes being an Physically Challenged candidate and 35 years old you are definitely eligible for Civil Services Examination 2016 as for your category there is the provision of relaxation in upper age of 10 years.

Civil Services Preliminary ( CSP ) stage one of Civil Services examination is held once every year by Union Public Service Commission for recruitment at the highest administrative posts like IAS, IPS, etc. The Civil Services examination is held in three stages which are called as Preliminary test, Mains and Personal interview respectively.

The minimum qualifications required for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must be within 21 years to 32 years if you belong to general category otherwise there is the provision of relaxation in upper age limit of 3 years for OBC candidates, 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 10 years for Physically Challenged candidates.

* You must have either completed your bachelor's degree course or must be in the final year of same degree course with any discipline of your choice from a recognized university.

Also the number of attempts provided for clearing the same examination differs category wise as it is 6 attempts for General Category, 9 attempts for OBC category and no limits for SC/ST candidates.

For Civil Services Preliminary test 2016 the application forms will be made available by 23rd April 2016 and the examination will take place on 7th August 2016.

For other necessary details regarding the same examination you can log on to the official website of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
21st September 2015, 06:50 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes,you are eligible to apply for IAS exam at an age of 35 years being a Physically challenged person.

UPSC conducts civil services exam to make recruitment for IAS,IPS,IFS,IRS,etc.

The eligibility criteria for Civil Services Exam are following:-

-The candidate must be a citizen of India.

-The candidate should possess graduation degree in any discipline from recognized college or university with any percentage. The candidate appearing for final year of their degree can also apply for the exam .

-The candidate age should be in between 21 years to 32 years for general category. Upper age limit is relaxed for OBC candidate by 3 years, 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 10 years for people with disability.

-The no. of attempts for the exam is 4 for General candidates under the creamy layer,7 times for OBC candidates and no limits for SC/ST candidates.

-The selection procedure consists of three stages:

* Preliminary Examination (Objective Type),

* Mains Examination (Conventional Type),

* Personal Interview & Group Discussion.
22nd September 2015, 12:39 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The age criteria and the total number of attempts for the physically challenged candidates of different category is totally different from who do not belong to this category. The age limit for general candidates is 21-32 years and upper age is relaxed for three years and five years for OBC and SC/ST candidates.

But for physically challenged general candidate the age limit is 21-42 years and further upper age of three years and five years applicable to candidates of reserved category like OBC and SC/ST.

There are total of nine attempts for general physically challenged candidates and no limit on number of attempts for OBC and SC/ST candidates till their upper age limit.

So you can apply for the 2016 Civil Services exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?