23rd May 2013, 02:07 AM
akshitasaxena

Can I appear for IIT after improving my CBSE marks from NIOS?

I want to know whether i will be eligible for iit jee if my 12th class cbse marks will get improved through nios pattern,please help.

Related Questions:
  1. Is NIOS better than CBSE for me? Will I get good job or admission in DU with NIOS marks?
  2. Difference between CBSE and NIOS syllabus and difficulty level?
  3. Is NIOS Board valid for JEE exams and IITs?
  4. Can I improve my class 12th CBSE marks through NIOS? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Syllabus of NIOS is same as that of ISC? Is NIOS valid for JEE Mains? -- [New]
  6. Can I get admission in any good engineering college after completing 12th CBSE Compartmental exam? Does it create problem at the time of placement? Which is better for me between CBSE Compartmental exam and NIOS exam?
  7. Does CBSE and NIOS has the same value? Will NIOS affect me in taking admission in engineering college?
  8. Shall I take admission in CBSE after 10th from NIOS or continue with NIOS board? Will I get admission in good college if studied NIOS?
  9. Admission in class 11 in ICSE or CBSE is possible after 10th from NIOS?
  10. Can NIOS student appear for JEE mains?
  11. Is it difficult to get admission in IIT if pursue 12th from NIOS Board?
  12. What is the difference between NIOS and CBSE? Will I have the same opportunities as a CBSE student?
  13. Can I get admission in 11th standard of ICSE or CBSE Board if appearing in 10th NIOS Board exam?
  14. How to prepare for IIT JEE? I have done my class 11th from CBSE board
  15. Syllabus of NIOS is same as ISC board? Is it necessary to give practical exam?
  16. Whether a student is eligible to appear in 10th NIOS exam if not completed 9th CBSE?
  17. After getting compartment in 12th CBSE board in Physics can I appear in IIT JEE by passing 12th in the month of October-Nov through NIOS?
  18. Highest marks and percentage given by NIOS? What options do I have after finishing my 12th?
23rd May 2013, 12:10 PM
kumar96
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I appear for IIT after improving my CBSE marks from NIOS?

I think you are eligible for IIT entrance exam. you have two chances for IIT entrance exam first with 12th and second next year of the completion of 12th class after this you are not eligible for IIT entrance exam.

From next year there will be a single entrance exam admission in all engineering colleges. JEE exam will be conducted for admission in all engineering college.

JEE has two stages first you have to appear for JEE mains exam if you clear JEE mains then you have to appear for JEE advance paper.after mains paper according to your performance you can take admission in any engineering college. for admission in IIT college you have to score good marks in JEE exam and top 20 marks in 12th class.

All engineering colleges will select students according to merits in the JEE exam so it is very important to score good marks in 12th and JEE exam otherwise you can not get admission in good college.
23rd May 2013, 01:31 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshitasaxena View Post
I want to know whether i will be eligible for iit jee if my 12th class cbse marks will get improved through nios pattern,please help.
IIT-JEE conducts Joint Engineering Entrance Exams for taking admission in NIT'S and IIT'S Colleges.This exam will be conducted in two phases.After getting pass in First phase of Entrance test you will be able to take admission in NIT'S and other Engineering colleges.You will only able to apply for JEE Advanced Exam if your Ranking in JEE Mains exam will be within 1.5 lakhs.If you are a pass out candidate of year 2013 then your marks should be above 75% or 7.5 CGPA in Intermediate exams.However if your marks in less then that you can go for improvement exam or you can do your course through NIOS.But it you have to maintain its minimum marks.

Eligibility required for applying to JEE Exam are as follows :-

Academic qualification :-
  • If you are a passed out candidate of year 2011 or 2012 then your minimum marks in Intermediate should be 60%.
  • If you will get pass in year 2013 then your minimum marks should be above 75 percentile.
  • If you will do your Intermediate course through NIOS then your minimum subjects in NIOS should be 5.
  • Your minimum duration of Intermediate course should be of 2 years.
  • Your degree should be issued from recognized university/board.
NOTE :-
~Your age should not be above 25 years for appearing in this exam.
~You cannot appear more then 3 times in this exam.
~However Reserved Category candidates such as SC/ST/PHD candidates will be able to get 5 years of age relaxations.

Eligibility requirement for IIT-JEE Advanced
  • Those candidates who have get passed in IIT Mains exam and whose ranking is within 1.5 lakhs will be eligible to appear in this exam.
  • You should also have a top 20% percentile in your board exam.

24th May 2013, 02:00 AM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshitasaxena View Post
HI!
After passing 12th with N.I.O.S I am happy to inform you that you are eligible for I.I.T-J.E.E exam.

ELIGIBILITY FOR I.I.T-J.E.E EXAM:-
> Pass 12th with minimum 60% marks from recognized University or Board.
For ST/SC candidate minimum 55% marks is require.
> The age limit for exam is 17-25 year.
> Maximum number of attempts is 2.
> The candidate must be citizen of India.

GOOD LUCK!
1st June 2013, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

I want to know whether I will be gligible for IIT entrance examination to be held in the year 2014 if my 12th cbse marks will get improved above 80%. My present CBSE- 2013 total marks in 12th is 388 i.e. 77.6%.

Himanshu
Sainik School Tilaiya
12th July 2013, 04:18 PM
Unregistered

I want to know that my 12th cbse marks is 383 in 2012-13 i will eligible for IIT entrance examination held in the year 2014.
16th July 2013, 03:24 AM
Unregistered

Please note that : Cut off for IITJEE 2013 for CBSE Student to be in top 20 percentile was 408/500 ( Hence minimum 82% ) .

<I want to know that my 12th cbse marks is 383 in 2012-13 i will eligible for IIT entrance examination held in the year 2014. >
Sorry you won't be eligible. You need to give improvement of ALL 5 Subjects in order to appear for JEE Mains, Advance or BITS.
23rd August 2013, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

I have got compartment in cbse 2013 ,am i elligible for jee mains/advance 2014 after clearing the compartment exam ?
24th August 2013, 07:40 PM
Unregistered

sir nios board marksheet is valid for nits or not pls rly 0
20th November 2013, 07:32 AM
Unregistered

Cut off for IITJEE
23rd November 2013, 07:25 PM
Unregistered

SIR I passed my 12th boards exams from ISC BOARD in 2013 but was not able to qualify top 20 percentile for JEE Advance. i was pass in all subject. I had taken admission in nios for improving my class 12th marks and to qualify the top 20 percentile fir jee advance 2014. i want to know that IS IT ACCEPTABLE OR NOT BY JEE ? i am going ti appear for nios class 12th exams in march/may 2014 nios exams. pls reply me. its urgent as i have to fill my jee main form. pls sir its a humble request to you. thank you. kindly reply as soon as possible.
17th February 2014, 10:04 PM
Unregistered

Sir does nios board is eligible for aieee or jee,sir kindly tell me and is there is any age limit for joint entrance ,thank you sir
4th March 2014, 09:58 AM
Unregistered

Sir i have passed 10th in 2011 and 11th in 2012 both from cbse but i will give exam of 12th from nios in 2014
I am worried pls rply sir i am worried
Would i be able to give jee mains
24th March 2014, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

sir , i am not expecting more than 60% marks in cbse board exam this year. would i be able to appear in jee advanced next year after giving improvement exam next year? reply soon
27th May 2014, 02:25 AM
Unregistered

sir
can i give nios exam for class 12 as as i had already gave improvement exam
27th June 2014, 12:27 AM
Unregistered

can i again give 12 from nios after passing from cbse board for improving my result
17th July 2014, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

Can I give next year exam from bihar board whenever I gave this year from cbse board
9th September 2014, 12:24 PM
Unregistered

I want to know that improvement marksheet are valid for iits.one more thing that can i give improvement from any region of cbse board.
must reply urgently................
22nd October 2014, 12:50 AM
Unregistered

Sir i recently passed 12 but i hav not scored 60% in pcm now i am giving single improvement of maths does this marks will be consider by private engineering collges
26th February 2015, 10:58 AM
Unregistered

if we attend the improvement exam for 5subjects and in some subject our a score get improved and in some if we get less marks than previous year, how will our marks get added up for jee mains.
Nithin
kerala
11th April 2015, 09:17 AM
Unregistered

sir for my health problem i scored 60% mark in board exam can I appear jee advance
17th May 2016, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

Sir if i give improvement in 5 subject but changing my physical education to another subject will i be able to give iit
6th May 2019, 05:51 PM
Unregistered

Can I study NIOS CLASS xii and simultaneously also sit for compartmental exam of class Xii
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?