8th January 2011, 01:56 PM
Viraj kumar singh

Can I appear for IPS exam after B.Tech. in CSE? If yes, give tips for self study ?

i am a b.tech student of 2nd year,in computer science and engineering.can i appear for IPS exam after completing my b.tech? how can i prepare my self best?please help me.

8th January 2011, 02:15 PM
saswata06

Default Re: Can I appear IPS exam after B.Tech. in CSE? If yes, give tips for self study.

Yes,You can appear in the IPS exam after your B.Tech.Read daily news papers,magazines for current affirs.Read some good books for aptitude and reasoning part.Improve your communication skill.
Best of Luck!
8th January 2011, 02:30 PM
vetriselvi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I appear for IPS exam after B.Tech. in CSE? If yes, give tips for self study ?

Yes you can appear for the CSSE exam conducted by the civil services as it requires to have a bachelor degree for a professional candidate. This year it is introduced that the engineering students can apply on the technical side where there is an option for written test on technical side. Please refer the TNPSC website for further information: www.tnpsc.gov.in
8th January 2011, 02:34 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for IPS exam after B.Tech. in CSE? If yes, give tips for self study ?

Graduation from a recognised university or a college in India is the minimum eligibility criteria for IPS. He/She should be 21years to 30 yrs of age at the time of appearing in the UPSC held Civil Services Examination.

so after B.Tech in C.S.E you will be also eligible for IPS examination.

to crack IPS examination you have to know about the current affairs very much. for this you should read newspaper regularly and watch news channel in television.

you should prepare to be strong in english and mathematics. for this bye some good books and practice them. improve knowledge on english specially in grammar portion.

improve your general knowledge.

practice some aptitude question from good books.

i think then you will be able to crack IPS examination.

best wishes.
8th January 2011, 03:37 PM
mishra245

ELIGIBILITY for becoming IPS officer:
1)A pass in a degree from any University,
2)For IAS and IPS the candidate must be a citizen of India,
3)For other services a candidate can be either a citizen of India,a subject of Nepal,a subject of Bhutan or a Tibetian refugee

AGE LIMIT
1)21 years must be completed by the 1st AUGUST of that year,
2)GENERAL-30,OBC-33,SC/ST-35;EX-SERVICEMEN WILL GET 5 YEARS EXEMPTION

ATTEMPTS
OPEN-4,OBC-7,SC/ST-NO LIMIT
So you can eligible for the IPS exam after completing your degree.
8th January 2011, 06:05 PM
bikenindia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viraj kumar singh View Post
i am a b.tech student of 2nd year,in computer science and engineering.can i appear for IPS exam after completing my b.tech? how can i prepare my self best?please help me.

Hi Viraj,

You can surely write IPS exam after your B.Tech degree. For IPS, You need to write civil service exam conducted by UPSC.

The age relaxation - 21-30 yrs
The qualification: graduate

Civil service exam is one of the toughest exam and you need to choose your subjects wisely.
start reading Civil service Chronicles,
Competitive success review (CSR)
The Hindu from now onwards.

You should start prepare from now and you should start everything from basic.

All the best.
8th January 2011, 08:45 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Wink Re: Can I appear for IPS exam after B.Tech. in CSE? If yes, give tips for self study ?

Quote:
Dear friend,
Now you are not eligible for that exem,but you can apply your final year or after graduation...
If you are from govt approved institute and your age in between 21 to 30 then you are eligible...
8th January 2011, 08:48 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Yes ... u can appear for IPS exam ater btech.
Since it is a very competitive exam ..... u need to have strong determination .
Increase your general awareness.., become a avid reader of newspaper.
15th January 2011, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

me abhi 3rd year me hu or mere branch c.s.e hai mere percentage bhi kam chal rha hai somthinh(55%) kya me kya me elligibal hu ips exam dene ke liye or me st categery se belong krta hu mujhe tips de ke kaise me upsc exam nikal skta hu pls

RAVIN MANDLOI
22nd January 2011, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

hi, i am a BE final year student. Can i apply for ips exam on 2011? please reply me soon.
24th January 2011, 12:28 PM
mychandru024

Yes, you can apply for IPS only after your degree..... Be updated with current affairs and study some good competitive magazines.
25th January 2011, 03:48 AM
abhimanyu2688

Hello Friend,
Yes you can appear in IAS Exam conducted by UPSC after completing your B.Tech.
The eligibility for UPSC IAS Exam is
1.A Graduate in any discipline
2. Age Limit 21 to 30 Years
So if you fulfill the above condition then you can appear for the Exam.
To pass IAS exam you need to study hard your optional subjects and read newspaper and magazines regularly.
For details about IAS exam visit www.upsc.gov.in
Good Luck.
7th February 2011, 12:56 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for IPS exam after B.E. in Metallurgy? If yes,give tips for self study?
23rd February 2011, 01:09 PM
mamidalapallavi

Thumbs up Re: Can I appear for IPS exam after B.Tech. in CSE? If yes, give tips for self study ?

is this your ambition??? or any else have suggested you to do this..? how ever it is glad to answer u..dear friend IPS is agreat task we have a board which conducts this exam i.e, UPSC... as you are a technical background student i suggest you to join in sriram's civils coaching institution delhi after completion of ur degree . mean while u have to concentrate on 2-10 class maths,science,social & also current affairs,daily read one news paper thoroughly,and make of all u have read... sa all the best...? "to become IPS one should be dedeicated & sincere" .
28th February 2011, 04:06 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Yes after graduation you can appear for IPS.

Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification.

For preparation see previous exams papers.Read newspaper regularly & see quiz contests like KBC,see News channel as much as you can for current news.

All the best
28th February 2011, 06:55 PM
foreturner
Senior Member+

Becoming an ips is a dream for thousands of people.

The eligibility criteria is as follows"

Minimum graduation/in the final year of graduation(provisional)
Note: you can appear in the final year or later upto your age limit.
obc 21 to 33 yrs 7 attmpts max
sc/st 21 to 35 yrs no limit on attempts.

You need to really work hard and creative

Choose your subjects properly , refer to the syllabus of optional you are considering

and based on your knowledge and feeling... choose your subject.

Equally important is the place where you choose to prepare form.

Get a good conducive environment.

Delhi has both best institutes and best students... you also need to cutoff from

unnecessary engagements and prepare well, dont worry about going out with friends

or parties etc.

give full concentration for an year or two.

also choose quality material.. and work hard as well as smart.

Read newspapers and magazines etc. and practice writing.

I am giving you the CSAT new pattern sample paper for preparation.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CSAT.pdf(86.9 KB, 96 views)
31st March 2011, 10:07 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Can I appear for IPS exam after B.Tech. in CSE? If yes, give tips for self study ?

Quote:
Yeah definitely

after completing your b.tech you can attempt for IAS exam

its tough to prepare alone

it will be a better idea if you go for coaching

the basic eligibility criteria for civils is

-> you should have a minimum degree from a recognized Indian university.

-> your age should be in between 21 and 30 years

this is the basic eligibility criteria for civils

~aditya~
3rd May 2011, 11:51 PM
Unregistered

Hi,

this is Renu, I did my Graduation in 2008 and i wanna be a IPS officer and i wanna suitable guidence for it because i do not have proper info. for it. can you suggest me any Books which can hepl me crack this exam as soon as possible.

i will wait for it.
5th July 2011, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

is any advantage limit also require in b.tech for attempting IPS/IAS examination?
6th July 2011, 11:59 PM
Unregistered

Post Re: Can I appear for IPS exam after B.Tech. in CSE?

plz help me about this topic...!
7th July 2011, 06:45 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear friend,

Eligibility criteria in details for UPSC IPS exam:

Educational Qualifications for IPS :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognized university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering or an equivalent qualification.

Age limit: 21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, in which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs.

Number of Attempts
04 attempts for open, 07 for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs.

Physical fitness criteria For IPS-

Height – Male 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm

Female 150 cm Pahari Female (general also) & ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm
Chest – Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.
Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.

Eye sight – 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye. 6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye. Near vision J 1 for good eye. J2 for worst eye. High standard for the Colour-blind test. No inherent night blindness. Vision should stereoscopic.

Blood pressure (High) – Age 23 – 123, age 24 – 124, age 25 –122, age 28 – 124, age 30 –125, age 32 – 126, age 34 – 127.
Ladies should not be pregnant at the time of Medical Test.

Ear- good listening & normal ear cavity. 1000 to 4000 frequency hearing impairment shd not be more than 30 decibels.

Nasal- candidate should not stammer while speaking.

so after completion of your graduation you are eligible IPS exam.

For more details about UPSC IPS EXAM,please refer to the website:
http://www.upsc.gov.in
1st August 2011, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

sir, i'm b.tech(cse) student now final year. i want prepare for civils. how many types of exams will be there in civils and how i have to prepare?
5th August 2011, 01:47 AM
btcs11

hi friend,
yes you can apply after completing your B>E CSE you are eligible for IPS exam(Civil services exam)

Eligibility for the exam includes:
Nationality:indian or indian by origin
Academic: minimum a bachelors degree from any recognized university in any discipline( students in final year of their course are also eligible)
Numbers of attempts: OC-4, OBC-7 and SC/ST-no limit

so you can apply for the exam not only after completing you can apply even when you are in your final year of your course.

all the best.
28th August 2011, 12:39 AM
Unregistered

ips k liye online coaching k jankari chahiye
31st August 2011, 05:46 PM
vipin bihari chaturvedi

yeah ,offcourse you are eligible for IPS exam after B.TECH in CSE.

you manage your time and expand 6-8 hours daily.
you practice previous year paper of IPS EXAM.

The IPS exam is conducted by the UPSC every year.

Education Qualification :-
Candidates who have completed there graduation are eligible to apply for the IPS exam.

Candidates who have appeared in the final year exam are also eligible to appear for the IPS exam.

age limit :-
Candidates having the minimum age 21 years and maximum age 30 years are eligible to appear for the IPS exam.

Physical Standard:
The physical standard required for the IPS exam is given below:

Height:
Minimum height required for men is 165 cm

Minimum height required for women is 150 cm

There is a relaxation in height for SC/ST,OBC,Gorkhas, Garhwalias, Assamese, Kumaonis, Nagaland Tribals etc. candidates for men it is 160cm and for women it is 145 cm.

So the above eligibility criteria is required for the IPS exam.you have completed your graduation

so you are eligible for IPS exam.

all the best
25th September 2011, 02:12 AM
Unregistered

i have stammering problem can i apply for ips?plz suggest me....
25th September 2011, 07:08 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that,after 12th you are not eligible for the IPS exam.To join you should have minimum a graduation degree.

Eligibility Criteria:-

Educational Qualifications :

Graduates in any discipline from a recognized university. Candidates having professional and technical qualifications recognized by the government are also eligible.

For the Indian Administrative Service and the Indian Police Service, a candidate must be a citizen of India

For other services, a candidate must be either :
(a) a citizen of India, or

(b) a subject of Nepal, or

(c) a subject of Bhutan, or

(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India with the intention of permanently settling in India. or

Age Limits :

(a) Candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on the 1st August of the year in which examination is being held.

(b) The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable:

(i) upto a maximum of five years for a SC/ST candidate.

(ii) upto a maximum of three years for OBC

(iii) upto a maximum of five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during a particular period
Personal Attributes :

The aspiring candidates are expected to have keen interest in the General Studies and are supposed to have a good amount of interest in current affairs. Regular and detailed reading of a good national newspaper, a standard competition magazine and a basic book on general knowledge is the essential pre-requisite. Another important point is efficient time planning.

Physical Standards :

Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Civil Services Examination.

1:Height-

Minimum height for the Male 165 cm &
for ST 160 cm,for the SC/ OBC,is not

Minimum height for the Female 150 cm &
for ST 145 cm,for the SC/ OBC,is not

2:Chest-

for male minimum 84 cm. expansion 5 cm.
for female minimum 79 cm. expansion 5 cm.

3:Eye Sight-

6/6 or 6/9 distant vision.
J1 for near vision

Number of Attempts:

Every candidate appearing at the Civil Services Examination shall be permitted four attempts at the examination.

this restriction will not apply in the case of Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST), Other Backward Classes(OBC)

Physically Handicapped(PH) candidates who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.
26th September 2011, 02:14 AM
saurabh abhijeet

hello,

civil services exam for IPS is conducted by Union public service commission
(UPSC) every year for which the eligibility criteria is;

qualification

- a candidate should have graduate from any recognised university or
a candidate as an appearing is also eligible

-for general- 30yrs
for OBC- 33 yrs
for SC/ST-35 yrs

number of attempts

- for general- 4 attempts
for OBC- 7 attempts
for SC/ST- no limits

physical standard

- Height – Male 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm
- Chest – Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.
Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm

for further details you can visit the official website of upsc which is;

www.upsc.gov.in

you can also see the attachment for more details;
Attached Files
File Type: docx ips.docx(14.3 KB, 72 views)
12th August 2012, 12:22 AM
Unregistered

I m b.tech. final year student with 70% . Can i apply for IAS in final year.
12th August 2012, 03:39 PM
subhangnambardar
Senior Member+

Graduation from a recognised university or a college in India is the minimum eligibility criteria for IPS.

AGE LIMIT - 21to30 years old

you should prepare to be strong in english and mathematics. for this bye some good books and practice them. improve knowledge on english specially in grammar portion.

Best of luck
15th August 2012, 11:13 PM
sunny.leone2012

Hi dear,

Graduation from a recognised university or a college in India is the minimum eligibility criteria for IPS. He/She should be 21years to 30 yrs of age at the time of appearing in the UPSC held Civil Services Examination.

to crack IPS examination you have to know about the current affairs very much. for this you should read newspaper regularly and watch news channel in television.

Thanks
16th August 2012, 12:27 AM
yogesh8955347778

Yes,You can appear in the IPS exam after your B.Tech.Read daily news papers,magazines for current affirs.Read some good books for aptitude and reasoning part.Improve your communication skill.
-for general- 30yrs
for OBC- 33 yrs
for SC/ST-35 yrs

number of attempts

- for general- 4 attempts
for OBC- 7 attempts
for SC/ST- no limits

physical standard

- Height – Male 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm
ALL THE BEST
4th March 2013, 12:21 PM
bpraveen b

Hi........
Yes you can appear in IPS Exam, after completing your B.Tech or at Final year. UPSC Conducting the IAS exam every year.
The eligibility for UPSC IAS Exam is(IAS/IPS)
1.A Graduate in any discipline from any recognized university
2. Age Limit 21 to 30 Years

physical standard

So if you fulfill the above condition then you can appear for the Exam.
Hard work is Main Important thing to clear the exam. & Some Sites will give good knowledge and Best information regarding UPSC exams.

www.upscportal.com one of the best site

For details about IAS exam visit www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?