25th July 2016, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

What is the qualification required to give IPS exam?

Hello Sir, I have always wished to become an IPS officer so I want you to tell me that what should I study to get qualified to sit for IPS exam? Please answer as soon as possible.

27th July 2016, 10:56 AM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the qualification required to give IPS exam?

To become Indian Police Service officer, you must face Civil Service Exam which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year for various posts. To apply for this exam you must be graduate from a recognized university in any faculty. Age must be between 21 years to 32 years. Exam is not so easy candidates spend years to study & give many times. You must join coaching classes & study for 10-12 hours in a day. Will have to face preliminary test with objective type questions. If you clear that will have to face written exam in this you can chose optional subjects. & last is interview. Below I have attached the notification for your reference.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf UPSC Civil Service 2016.pdf(653.2 KB, 14 views)
27th July 2016, 02:04 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir, I have always wished to become an IPS officer so I want you to tell me that what should I study to get qualified to sit for IPS exam? Please answer as soon as possible.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 32 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Number of Attempts:-

For open category:- 7 attempts
For OBC category:- 9 attempts
For SC/ST category:- No limit
27th July 2016, 05:06 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

The posts of IPS are filled up through the civil services examination conducted by the UPSC.

According to the eligibility criteria released by the UPSC :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should have completed graduation through any stream under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least form a recognized university.

* The candidate should be of 21 years at least at the time of application.

* The candidate should be physically and medically fit.

So, no matter which graduation degree you pursue, you will be eligible for the CSE.
3rd December 2017, 09:50 PM
nishanth60

Hi Friend

#Indian Police Services(IPS) examination is conducted by UPSC every year to recruit the candidates for defence and Police Services.

#The minimum educational qualification required to apply for this IPS examination is BACHELOR DEGREE in any stream from UGC recognised institution/university.So,first you have to complete your Graduation to be eligible for IPS exam.

#Age limit to apply for IPS examination is 21-32 years and the age relaxations are :
->3 years for OBC candidates
->5 years for SC/ST candidates and Ex-servicemen.

#Maximum number of attempts allowed for IPS examination are : 4 for General category, 7 for OBC category, no such restriction for SC/ST category candidates.

#And the selection procedure of IPS examination is preliminary exam,main examination followed by medical fitness test and personal interview.

#Candidate must be Indian citizen and must be physically,mentally fit to be eligible for IPS examination.

#For further details please visit www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?