20th August 2016, 12:07 AM
Unregistered

Can I appear for NDA exam during class 10th?

I am a student of class 10 and want to join NDA. I want to start my preparations for the same. Could you please tell me, Can I appear for NDA exam in class 10?

20th August 2016, 10:14 PM
adityasingh89

Thumbs up Re: Can I appear for NDA exam during class 10th?

The criteria is 12th(10+2) for NDA exam. 12th appearing students can also apply. But 10th or 11th standard students will be rejected.
Actually you will have to provide your 10th and 12th mark sheet at the time of their interview so that you would be verified.
So I am afraid to say that you cannot apply for NDA.
But you will surely start your preparation from now.
Thank you.
20th August 2016, 10:22 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I appear for NDA exam during class 10th?

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and NDA examination are held for admission in NDA.

NDA examinations are organized two times every year generally in the months of April ( NDA I ) and September ( NDA II ) by UPSC.

--> The minimum eligibility criteria for appearing in the same examination are as following :-

** Nationality and Martial Status :-

You must be a male citizen of India with martial status of unmarried.

** Age limit :-

Your age must lie in between 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

** Educational requirement :-

You must have completed your higher secondary school degree or any another equivalent degree in any stream from a recognized board. Students pursuing final year of above courses are also eligible.

So being pursuing your Class 10th you are not eligible for appearing in the same examination at this stage but once you enter in the final year of your higher secondary degree course then you will be eligible for the same if satisfy the other criteria too.

For more queries regarding the same examination you must visit the website www.upsc.gov.in.
20th August 2016, 10:22 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

you are not eligible for NDA now.After passing the Higher Secondary you will be eligible. NDA exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) twice in a year.

Eligibility criteria needed for NDA exam is given below:-

->>To select air force or Indian Navy, candidates must studied with Math and physics in 10+2. However, for Indian army, candidates need not to be of science background.

->>Only unmarried male candidate are eligible for exam.

->>Candidates in age group of 16-1/2 to 19-1/2 can apply.
20th August 2016, 11:09 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy.

Eligibility criteria for NDA/NA entrance examination:

1. Minimum academic qualification required for this examination is senior secondary from a recognized board. For candidates willing to join Navy and Air Force, Mathematics and Physics are compulsory subjects for them.

2. Age criteria: 16.5-19.5 years.

3. Only unmarried male candidates are eligible for this exam.

You can not appear for NDA exam in tenth standard. You can start your preparation from now.

Questions in NDA exam are asked from Mathematics upto standard 12th, General science from 6th to 10+2, General English and General Knowledge and Awareness. You can start preparing for these subjects from now so that you can clear NDA written test in first attempt.
21st August 2016, 06:42 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a student of class 10 and want to join NDA. I want to start my preparations for the same. Could you please tell me, Can I appear for NDA exam in class 10?
No, 10th standard candidates are not eligible for NDA exam.

Candidates who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard are eligible for NDA exam. Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

Written examination will be divided into 2 parts-

Mathematics-300 marks.
General ability Test- 600 marks.

Total time duration for 2 papers is 300 min

General Ability Test -

English 200 marks
General Knowledge 400 marks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?