15th February 2015, 01:32 PM
vermakunalverma

Can I join NDA after passing 10th class?

respected sir/mam i passed 10th class and i want to join nda
can i join nda after 10th?
thank you,

24th February 2015, 03:38 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join NDA after passing 10th class?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermakunalverma View Post
thank you,
No, 10th standard candidates are not eligible for NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
24th March 2015, 05:59 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
thank you,
No, you are not eligible for NDA (National Defense Academy) examination. Matriculation/10th is the basic requirement for filling the application form of NDA.

UPSC Conduct NDA examination twice in a year. To apply for NDA Examination, you should be completing your 12th/Intermediate examination from a recognised board for Army wings.

To be eligible for Air force wing and Naval wing, you should have passed in your 12th examination or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to be registered for NDA Examination. Your age should between 16.5 to 19 years at the time of commencement of training.

Aspirants, must be physically and medically fit in all the respect.

Selection Criteria for NDA:

1. You have to appear for the UPSC Written examination (Objective type).

2. Those who finally select on the basis of merit in written test are eligible for SSB interview.

3. Candidates selected in SSB interview, will have to go through the medical examination.

The details of the advertisement for NDA examination are already updated on the official website of UPSC. Please visit the official website to collect all the necessary details regarding NDA Examination.

Official Website: Click Here
26th March 2015, 10:05 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
thank you,

No, you are not eligible to sit for NDA examination direct after completing your 10th.

Union Public Service Commission conducts this exam twice time in a year as NDA-I and NDA-II. This exam is conducted for those aspirants who want to joint the Indian Defence service.

Candidates who have passed their 10+2 with physics, chemistry and maths subjects are eligible for all three wings i.e., 1). Air Force, 2), Navy and 3). Army.

However, candidates from other backgrounds are also eligible, but for only Army wing.

Age of candidates should be between 16.5 to 19 years. No age relaxation for any category.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible.

Candidates must possess citizenship of India.

Physical Requirement:
  • Height of candidates should be at least 157 cm.
  • Weight should be proportional to the height.
  • Clear vision with 6/9 in one eye and 6/12 in other eye corrected without glasses.
  • No color blindness.
27th March 2015, 10:28 PM
sohangoriya
Senior Member+++++

After passing 10th class you are not eligible to apply NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Academy.

And this exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice time in a year for three wings.

- Army wings

- Navy wings

- Air force Wings

For apply Army wings Candidate must have completed 10+2 exam of a recognized School or Board and studying in the final year of 12th examination.

For apply Navy wings and Air force Wings Candidate must have completed 10+2 with PCM subjects from a recognized board.

For apply NDA exam age should be between 16.5 years to 19 years.
27th March 2015, 11:53 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Please note that

# Presently you are not eligible for appearing in NDA Examination.

# You will be eligible for NDA Examination only after 10+2.

# Until the completion of 10+2, you should utilise this valuable time for the preparation of NDA Examination.

# For better preparation of NDA Examination, you should focus more on syllabus, scheme and pattern of examination.

# Syllabus of written examination of NDA examination includes questions pertaining to English language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Economics, History, Indian Constitution, etc.

# As there are numerous books are available for NDA Examination in the market. But I am refering you names of few books which surely proved to be quite helpful are:
* Lucent's General Studies
* Arihant's General Studies
* Ramesh Publishing House's General Studies

# Now I am providing you the brief information regarding NDA Examination which are:

* You must be male.
* You must not be married.
* You must have 10+2 educational qualification in any discipline.
* Your age must lie in the range of 16.5 to 19 years.
* You must be free from any bodily defect or abnormality.
28th March 2015, 07:43 AM
unique99

This is not possible after 10th you can not join NDA.

NDA(National Defence Academy)entrance examination is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission)twice every year.

Requirements to join NDA Entrance Examination:-

1.A 12 th pass or equivalent from the recognized University can join NDA entrance exam.

2.Candidates must be an Indian unmarried male to appear NDA entrance exam.

3.Age must be within 16.5 years to 19 years.

4.NDA entrance exam is taken for Army/Navy/Air Force wings.

5.For army wing all 12th pass candidates from Arts/Commerce/Science are eligible.

6.For Navy/Air Force wings only science Group candidates having PCM (Physics/Chemistry/Biology)subjects can appear NDA entrance exam.

7.Candidates eye sight must be normal free from color blindness.

8.There is no age relaxations for the said exam.

So these are the prime requirements you are to fulfill before applying the NDA exam.

28th March 2015, 04:01 PM
smarthills

No you are not eligible for the NDA entrance exams if you have completed only study of 10th std.The minimum qualification required to join this course is 12th in science streams.

Eligibilty criteria for the NDA entrance exams are listed as below--->>>

Nationality:Indian

Marital Status: Unmarried

Eye sight :6/6

To get the notification regarding the NDA you are requested to please visit the official website of UPSC.
18th April 2016, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

Sir may son is now completely his 10th and he want to join nda so their is any school on college which is give 11th 12th study as well as nda coaching to guid student who want to join NDA.
5th August 2016, 02:19 AM
Unregistered

Hi sir , i had completed SSLC by 1 chance but i failed 2 commerce i am going to write it and i will pass can i join in NDA but the problem is my age is now 20 and i am ST is that possible to join in NDA.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?