15th February 2013, 06:08 AM
Unregistered

Can I join NDA exam after passing 10th class?

CAN i join nda exam ?i am 10th class...please send to me the details for the same

12th March 2013, 07:48 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join NDA exam after passing 10th class?

Pass in 12th is the minimum qualification for NDA. Only unmarried males are eligible. Age of the applicant must be between 16 ½ and 19 years. The test is conducted by UPSC once in a year. So you can start preparing for the test along with the 12th exam. Detailed information is available in UPSC portal.
13th March 2013, 01:28 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

You are not eligible to join NDA soon after the completion of your 10th class.

Because, the minimum academic qualification that is required for the candidates to join NDA is 12th class.

For this, you should have to crack NDA Exam which will be conducted by UPSC twice a year.

Here is the selection procedure
Written Exam
Interview
Medical Test

One can join the following defence wings by cracking this exam
Army wing
Navy wing
Air Force wing

It is must that candidates should have gone through Physics and Mathematics as the compulsory subjects in 12th class in order to be eligible for Navy and Air Force wings.

One should be in the age group of 16 1/2 years to 19 years to be eligible for this exam,

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to take this exam,

Female candidates are not at all eligible to take this exam.

So, first complete 12th class first and then you are eligible to appear for the NDA Exam,

Wish you all the best.
13th March 2013, 04:49 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

After 10th standard you are not eligible to join NDA exam but is eligible to apply for Defence as a soldier.

NDA - National Defence Academy, the entrance exam for which is conducted by UPSC twice every year as NDA-I and NDA-II for an entry in to three wings of NDA:-

Indian Army
Indian Navy
Indian Air Force

The eligible candidate must be an Indian unmarried Male candidate having either appear for the final 12th Exam or pass ion any stream from a recognised Board within the age of 16.5 to 19 years with good Physical and Mental Physique.

So as you are interested for NDA you should have first completed 12th.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?