8th February 2012, 12:32 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for NET Exam having completed MA in Distance Learning from IGNOU?

I have done M.A from I.G.N.O.U as an distance learning programme. can i appear for the net exam

12th February 2012, 03:18 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for NET Exam having completed MA in Distance Learning from IGNOU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done M.A from I.G.N.O.U as an distance learning programme. can i appear for the net exam
Yes, You are eligible for NET Examination if you have completed your Post graduate degree course from a recognised University with Minimum 55% Marks.

~~ NET stands for National Eligibility Test and this examination is Conducted by UGC, Twice in a year for the post of Lectureship and Junior Research Fellowship.

~~ The examination is Conducted in June and December Every year.

~~ If you have completed your graduate degree course with minimum 55% Marks, then you can apply for this year NET Examination

~~ Final year appearing candidates are also eligible for NET

There is No Upper age restriction to apply for Lectureship Post

But for Junior Research Fellowship Post, your age should not be more than 28 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

~~ The Notification will be Published soon in the month of April 2012 in the employment Newspaper or in the official website.

~~ Eligible candidates may fill the Application form Online Only.

~~ The application form cost is Rs 450 and you have to pay the fees through challan form in SBI Bank. The challan form is availiable in the official website after declaring the Notification.

UGC also changes the examination pattern and its is applicable from June 2012.

From this year there are 3 papers and all are Objective.

For complete Information about the examination, please check the official website :

http://ugcnetonline.in
12th February 2012, 05:58 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for NET Exam having completed MA in Distance Learning from IGNOU?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for NET exam having M.A. in Distant learning from IGNOU.

NET - NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY TEST is conducted by UGC twice every year one in the month of June and other in the month of December for selection of Lectureship and award of JRF(Junior Research Fellowship).

The candidate having post graduate degree in any discipline or equivalent degree with 55% marks from a recognised University is eligible to apply for NET.

The candidate should not be less then 19 years of age to apply for NET. There is no upper age bar for Lectureship to apply for NET but the candidate should be within 28 years for JRF.

The notification for the forthcoming NET exam for June 2012 will be expected in the month of April which can be applied through on line mode by paying exam fee for Rs.450.00.

For more information you may log on to official web site of UGC i.e.www.ugcnetonline,in
19th February 2012, 07:52 AM
Unregistered

i am a medical graduate ,i want to do M A ECONOMICS ..is it possible?
16th July 2012, 03:20 AM
Unregistered

can i appear net exam having completed ma economics from madurai kamraj university
24th July 2012, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

i am the student of MA in mps and of 35yrs of old what would be best for me for carrier option .
other than lectureship.
28th March 2013, 09:47 AM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,
I have completed M.C.A from N.S.O.U in Distance Mode with 70% marks.Can I appear
NET Examination, Please reply me as early as possible. My mail id is [email protected].

Dibyendu
28th March 2013, 02:30 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

IGNOU is a prestigious open university in India which is recognized by the University Grants Commission. Therefore you can appear for the National Eligibility Test. This test is conducted for the college lectureship and Junior Research Fellowship.

The criteria to appear for National Eligibility Test is post graduation degree. It could be fromr regular mode or distance education mode. The most important thing is that your college should be recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) which conducts the National Eligibility Test.

Since IGNOU is recognized there will be no issue. You can appear for the test if meeting criteria for percentage etc which I am mentioning below. The NET exam is conducted twice in a year. First time in June and second time in December. It is quite a difficult exam to crack therefore give yourself proper time to prepare for the exam before applying for it.

Eligibility

1. Only candidates of Indian origin are allowed to appear for NET.

2. Your qualification should at least be post graduation.

3. At least 55 percent marks are required in PG course.

4. If belong to SC or ST then 50 percent marks are required.

5. The final year students are also welcomed to appear.

6. There is no restriction on how many times you can appear.

Age Limit

1. JRF applicants can not be more than 28 years old.

2. 3 years relaxation for OBC while 5 years for SC/ST.

3. No upper age limit for lectureship.
28th March 2013, 04:01 PM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Can I appear for NET Exam having completed MA in Distance Learning from IGNOU?

Quote:

Dear Friend,

NET stands for National Eligibility Test

yes you are eligible for NET exam...............

A candidate who have completed their Post Graduation degree/Master Degree in any Discipline with 55% marks from a recognised University are eligible for this Examination.....

Final years students also eligible for it........

For SC/ST 50% marks are required......

No age limit for apply Lectureship Post......

But

Junior Research Fellowship Post age not Exist 28 years this exam.....

+3 years relaxation for OBC.....

+5 years relaxation for SC/ST.....

Nationality of candidate must be INDIAN.....

You can Get More Information from Here : Click Here

All the best...

28th March 2013, 07:46 PM
MAKES 25
Senior Member+

Quote:
hi friend

NET stands for National Eligibility Test

yes my friend you are eligible for net exam

Final years students also eligible for it

there are not any age limit for Lectureship post

For JRF age limit 28 years old (obc +3 and sc/st +5)

citizen of india

good luck
29th March 2013, 01:13 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

IGNOU Stands for Indira Gandhi National Open University.

This University comes at the top when it comes to get education via distance mode.

The Indira Gandhi National Open University Is recognized by the following educational societies :

* University Grants Commission

* Distance Education Council

* All India Council For Technical Education

And To be eligible for the National Eligibility Test , the minimum educational qualification required is post graduation with a minimum of 55% from any UGC recognized university.

So , if you have completed M.A. from IGNOU with a minimum of 55% marks , then you can apply for the NET Exam.

For your sake , i just like to inform you that the NET Exam is conducted every year in the months of June and December by the UGC.

This test is organized for the selection of :

a) Lecturers

b) Junior Research Fellowers

The Qualifications that you need to have for the NET Exam are :

* Post graduation with a minimum of 55% marks from any UGC recognized university.

* There is a relaxation of 5% marks for SC/ST Candidates.

* The Candidate needs to be an Indian Citizen.

* Candidates in final year of post graduation are also eligible to appear in the exam.

* Your age should lie in between 21-28 years. [If applying for JRF]

* Relaxation of 3 years in upper age is given to OBC Candidates whereas relaxation of 5 years in upper age is given to SC/ST Candidates.

* No age limit is there for the post of Lectureship.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
30th March 2013, 12:15 PM
shrish777
Senior Member+

Dear Friend,

The abbreviation of NET is National Eligibility Test.

If, you have completed M.A. with 55% marks, then you are preferable for NET exam.

The educational qualifications regarding with NET exam are below mentioned:-

* Opponents must have finished master degree with 55% marks from any approved institution.

* Opponents must have an Indian citizenship.

* The age criteria must be lie in between 20-27 years for JRF.

* No age required for Lectureship.

* The relaxation of age is not assumed.

* Opponents belong to SC/ST category required 50% marks in master degree.

The pattern of NET exam is below mentioned:-

Thanks.
30th March 2013, 08:20 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

YES, you can appear in the NET exams even if you have completed your Post Graduation from IGNOU

IGNOU is a recognized university

UGC-NET exams are held in June and December each year

ELIGIBILTY FOR THE UGC-NET exams:
Post Graduation pass with minimum 55% marks for the General and OBC candidates
minimum 50% marks for the SC/ST candidates.

There are 74 subjects in which NET exams can be given.

But candidates are advised to appear in the NET exams in the subject in which they have done their Post Graduation

You can download the Syallabus from the website- www.ugcnetonline.in
30th July 2015, 10:51 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for NET exam having complete MA in distance learning from any recognized university?
8th March 2017, 07:18 AM
Unregistered

Sir, if I have complete m.a economic's in ddce with distance learning . Can I eligible to get net exam? plz kindly confirm me
14th October 2017, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for NET Exam having completed MA in distance learning from NSOU?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?