28th January 2014, 04:06 PM
Unregistered

Distance learning PGDM is applicable for NET?

Is distance learning PGDM eligible for NET(National eligibility Test)? I am pursuing PGDM from IMT Centre of Distance Learning Ghaziabad .

Related Questions:
  1. Details about PGDM and Distance Learning Courses in Finance, Account and Taxation?
  2. Is distance learning in MBA a good option from SCDL? I am a student of B.Tech final year in CSE
  3. Am I eligible for M.Ed fro distance learning?
  4. Am i eligible for Ph.D programme after completing PGDM from IMT Ghaziabad
  5. LLB through distance learning after PGDM (HR)?
  6. Eligibility of graduate for correspondence MBA?
  7. Is distance learning MBA eligible for NET? I am pursuing my MBA in distance learning from SMU
  8. Is it possible to do M.Tech through distance learning? Do I need a GATE score for that? Universities providing the course? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Is distance education is valid for NET(UGC)? I'm pursuing M.Com from MDU through correspondence
  10. Is distance learning MBA eligible for NET(National eligibility Test)? I am pursuing MBA distance learning from SMU
  11. Am I eligible for NET or PhD exam after PGDM? -- [New]
  12. How many seats are there in Mumbai University for MCA distance learning course? What is the fee structure and when is the form available?
  13. What is the difference between regular MBA course and MBA course in Distance Learning? Top Institutes offering MBA course in Distance Learning?
  14. Minimum salary after graduation from SMU Distance Learning? Is SMU distance learning a good institute to pursue graduation and PG?
  15. Can I appear for NET Exam having completed MA in Distance Learning from IGNOU?
  16. Am I eligible to appear for NET after pursuing MBA in healthcare management through distance learning
  17. Eligibility of NET after B.Com Hons. and PPGDM?
  18. How to do M.Tech degree form BITS Pilani?
5th March 2014, 07:28 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Distance learning PGDM is applicable for NET?

Yes,you are eligible to apply for NET(National Eligibility Test).To be eligible for the NET exam the minimum basic educational qualification is Masters degree from a recognized university.The minimum percentage you must have attained is about 55% of marks.First check whether your IMT Center of Distance learning,Ghaziabad is recognized by the “Distance Education Council(DEC)”.So if your IMT Centre for distance education is recognized by the DEC,yes then you are undoubtedly eligible to apply for NET examination.

NET Examination is conducted by University Grant Commission(UGC) conducted twice a year.Generally the first time will be held in the month of June and another exam in the month of December.As you are applying for the NET Exam decide the post that you want to apply.For Junior Research fellow the maximum age must not exceed 28 years,where as for the lectureship there is no maximum age limit.

If your PGDM is Distance Education council and AICTE then you can apply for the NET Exam.Final year graduates are also eligible for the NET Examination.You must have score a minimum of 55% in your qualifying degree.If your university is not at recognized by the DEC recognized university then probably you may not be eligible to apply for the NET Examination.Of course there will be an age relaxation for the reserved SC/ST/OBC candidates.Generally any Indian Citizen can apply for the NET Examination as it is a nationwide examination.
28th April 2014, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

Thank you sir, but in UGC NET website this type of eligibility criteria has not mentioned.
17th July 2015, 10:56 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my graduation as a pass course. Now i have completed my MA with 56%. I am SC candidate. Can i apply for the NET exam ?
17th October 2015, 08:42 AM
Unregistered

I am doing M.A in geography from rabindra bharati university in distance can I appear in net exam?
7th June 2016, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

I am doing PGDBA from Symbiosis College of Distance learning. They will provide me a Diploma on completion. Am i eligible for NET?
16th May 2017, 05:09 PM
Unregistered

If any student who miss the criteria by one or two percent there are no second chance give and no further hope of appearing NET exam. There should be some exemption so that more and more students can take NET exam. Distance students are suffering as they have to prepare themselves on their own and current syllabus are not that easy.
2nd August 2017, 07:09 PM
Unregistered

Sir During interview does they give preference to the distance MA holders or regular MA holders after clearing NET exam????? N is it necessary to do PHD to be a professor????
11th September 2017, 03:58 PM
Unregistered

I have an M.phil Degree with 75% of marks but my MA marks is at 50%. Will I be able to appear for NET?? Is nit M.phil a post graduate Degree?
14th June 2018, 01:15 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my PGDM distance learning from symbiosis (SCDL). I am a diploma holder.
Am I eligible for NET

Bhavna
20th September 2018, 10:31 AM
Unregistered

My mba is from distance learning and have 54.33%. I am eligible for NET or not. as i have 9 years of working experience in corporate and education
1st October 2018, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

I have completed M.A from deemed university Allahabad so I want to know I am eligible for net exam or not
18th February 2019, 08:38 PM
Unregistered

I have completed M.com from Karnataka University School of Correspondence I have passed with 49%. Am i eligible for net exam
26th March 2020, 03:43 AM
Unregistered

Hi, I have done M.Sc Biotech through correspondence so am I eligible for NET?.
17th July 2020, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

Is distance education 2 year course: Master in Business Laws from National Law School of India University, Bengaluru qualifies a person for appearing in the UGC NET / Tamilnadu SET ??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?