31st October 2011, 10:06 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for NET Exam being a candidate of pursuing M.Sc in Distance Learning?

I am doing M.Sc From M.S. tamilnadu distance education. could i eligible for Net entrance exam.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for NET Exam being a candidate of pursuing M.Sc in Distance Learning?
  2. Am I eligible for NET Exam in Human Resource being a candidate of pursuing 3rd semester of MBA in HR in Distance Learning?
  3. Am I eligible to appear for NET after pursuing MBA in healthcare management through distance learning
  4. Is distance education is valid for NET(UGC)? I'm pursuing M.Com from MDU through correspondence
  5. Distance learning PGDM is applicable for NET?
  6. Is distance learning MBA eligible for NET(National eligibility Test)? I am pursuing MBA distance learning from SMU
  7. Is there any scope for distance learning for MSc CS? I am pursuing MSc CS(computer science) from distance learning education institute
  8. NET exam after B.Sc and MBA pursuing final year?
  9. Am I eligible to appear in PSU recruitment exams if pursuing PGDM from Distance Learning? -- [New]
  10. Will a candidate who has completed his PG by distance be eligible for UGC NET exam?
  11. Completed MSc IT(Distance Learning) from Karnataka State Open University : Am I eligible for NET exam?
  12. Am I eligible for NET and SET exam if I am 30 years old?
  13. Is it possible to do M.Tech through distance learning? Do I need a GATE score for that? Universities providing the course?
  14. Minimum salary after graduation from SMU Distance Learning? Is SMU distance learning a good institute to pursue graduation and PG?
  15. Am I eligible for Bank PO Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year of Graduation in Distance Learning?
  16. How to take admission for correspondence course of MBA
  17. Am I eligible to give IPS Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in Distance Learning from KSOU?
  18. I am pursuing MSc in Distance mode, am I eligible for MTech regular course? -- [Most Discussed]
31st October 2011, 12:51 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET Exam being a candidate of pursuing M.Sc in Distance Learning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am doing M.Sc From M.S. tamilnadu distance education. could i eligible for Net entrance exam.

ELIGIBLE OR NOT FOR NET EXAM ??

After M.SC Distance education , you are eligible for NET exam but your degree must be from UGC approved university.

Those candidate have completd masters degree from recogniged university are eligible for NET exam.

For general and OBC candidate must be hold 55%above in masters degree. SC/ST candidate must be hold 50% above in masters degree.

Part time course are not eligible for NET exam.

For Junior research fellowship course your age must be in between 19 to 28 years.

For lectureship ,There is no upper age limit but the Minimum age is 19 years.

NET exam is conduct because of govt college lecturer and PHD entrance.
31st October 2011, 02:05 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET Exam being a candidate of pursuing M.Sc in Distance Learning?

Hello friend,
Of course, you'll be considered eligible for the national eligibility test provided the degree you hold is offered by an recognized university. A candidate who has pursued the masters degree program through distance learning is considered equally eligible as the one who has pursued the qualifying program through regular classes.
Holding a masters degree is not enough to be eligible for the national eligibility test-NET. You must have scored a minimum of 55% marks in the same to be considered eligible. There is no maximum age limit to apply for the exam.
For more information, refer to the official website of UGC NET.
31st October 2011, 05:38 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Eligibility for NET exam:-

1.Candidate must have complete the post graduation course with 55% aggregate from a UGC or AICTE recognized university.

2.The age should not be more than 28 years.

If your university is UGC or AICTE recognized then you can apply for NET exam.
Other wise you are not eligible.

All the best.
31st October 2011, 07:03 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

The National Eligibility Test (NET),conducted by University Grants Commission (UGC) for lectureship and
for award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) .
The Test is conducted twice(months of June and December) in a year in Humanities (including languages), Social Sciences, Forensic Science, Environmental Sciences, Computer Science and Applications and Electronic Science like SET(State Eligibility Test).

Eligibility:

1:You should have Master Degree from a recognized University and Colleges,you can also apply for the exam if your Result Awaited category, if you are appearing or has appeared in your final year of M.Sc. or equivalent degree examination.

2:You have to secure minimum 55% of marks in your Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination
3:There is no age limit for applying for lectureship.

4:If you apply for Junior Research Fellowship ,your age should not more than 28 years.

For previous year papers visit:http://www.successcds.net/Entrance-E...on-Papers.html

for more details visit:http://www.ugc.ac.in/inside/net.html#intro

www.ugcnetonline.in
31st October 2011, 10:46 PM
hrushi614

hi friend,

you are eligible for ugc-net exam

The qualification for net exam are

1)you have complte post graduation in ugc or aicte recognized colleges

2) you have above 55% aggregate

3)age limit is below 29 years
31st October 2011, 10:52 PM
hrushi614

hi friend,

you are eligible for ugc-net exam

The qualification for net exam are

1)you have complte post graduation in ugc or aicte recognized colleges

2) you have above 55% aggregate

3)age limit is below 29 years
17th November 2011, 10:32 PM
pabitra_nayak
Senior Member+

The National Eligibility Test (NET),conducted by University Grants Commission (UGC) for lectureship and
for award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) .
The Test is conducted twice(months of June and December) in a year in Humanities (including languages), Social Sciences, Forensic Science, Environmental Sciences, Computer Science and Applications and Electronic Science like SET(State Eligibility Test).

Eligibility:

1:You should have Master Degree from a recognized University and Colleges,you can also apply for the exam if your Result Awaited category, if you are appearing or has appeared in your final year of M.Sc. or equivalent degree examination.

2:You have to secure minimum 55% of marks in your Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination
3:There is no age limit for applying for lectureship.

4:If you apply for Junior Research Fellowship ,your age should not more than 28 years.

For previous year papers visit:http://www.successcds.net/Entrance-E...on-Papers.html

for more details visit:http://www.ugc.ac.in/inside/net.html#intro

www.ugcnetonline.in
29th January 2012, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligiblle for NET & SLET exams being a candidate pursuing M.A. in English through distance learning?
4th May 2012, 01:11 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

Yes shore you are eligible to write NET exam being a candidate of completing M.Sc in distance education.

Eligibility criteria:

Educational qualification

Any master's degree from a recognised university.

Nationality:
Indian.

Final year candidates also eligible.

There is no age limit for the lectureship, but for the junior research fellowship minimum age is 19 years and maximum is 28years.

For any information visit

www.ugcnetonline.in

Best of luck.
16th March 2017, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

Am I elgible for net exam as I did. M.Sc in mathematics from alagappa university karaikudi tamilnadu through distance education. My age is now 37 year
8th July 2017, 07:53 PM
Unregistered

Msc clinical microbiology from Ptu Jalandhar through distance education in year 2007. Can I eligible for net.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?