3rd June 2019, 03:42 PM
C .Lalsangliani

Can I appear for UPSC examination or not while being in 3rd year of BA Nutrition?

I'm a student of BA (Nutrition) 3rd year. Can I please know if I can appear for UPSC examination or not? If yes, then when and how to apply for UPSC? How can one prepare himself/herself for the examination?

9th June 2019, 10:31 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for UPSC examination or not while being in 3rd year of BA Nutrition?

To appear in the Civil Services examination (generally known as UPSC examination or IAS examination), the minimum education required is a graduation degree course in any discipline from a recognised university. Students pursuing final year of their degree course are also eligible.

So, being a third year (i.e; final year) student of BA (Nutrition) degree course, you are eligible to apply for the Civil Services examination as far as the educational requirement for the same examination is concerned.

For more detailed information regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
9th June 2019, 11:39 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for UPSC examination or not while being in 3rd year of BA Nutrition?

UPSC stands for Union Public Services Commission.

The eligibility criteria to apply for this examination is Candidate must have passed Bachelor's Degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidate are also eligible for this examination. Candidate age must lie between 21 to 32 years. Upper age relaxation are available for reserved category candidate.

So, yes you are eligible to apply for UPSC examination being in 3rd year of BA nutrition.

For more information,you can visit their Official Website www.upsc.gov.in.
11th June 2019, 01:08 PM
hariwats

Yes, you can apply for the UPSC examination while being in your final year of graduation.
The eligibility criterion for the exam is that one should be a graduate in any subject from a recognized university, with age between 21 to 32 years (for general cayegory).

So if you are 21 and in final year of your graduation, you can appear in the examination.

And for the preparation part that you asked; here are the points that will help you :-
1. Start reading newspaper on daily basis and make notes of your own from it.
2. Read the NCERT books right from class 6 of Social Science.
3. Join some test series of any institute. Mock tests play a big role in making you adjusted to the exam pattern.
4. Work hard and be consistent.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?