9th January 2012, 02:17 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for Air Force common test after doing diploma in Engineering?

i have done diploma in engineering so can i apply for aiforce common test

14th January 2012, 08:33 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for Air Force common test after doing diploma in Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
In order to be eligible for the Air Force Common Admission Test-AFCAT, you will need to hold a bachelors degree. A diploma in engineering will not make you eligible to apply for the same.
The test is conducted for all the three branches and the eligibility criteria varies depending upon the branches but you must be a graduate in the relevant discipline, to be considered eligible for the test.
For further information, please refer to the notification of AFCAT, which is most likely to get published in the month of June 2012.
4th March 2012, 12:45 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I apply for Air Force common test after doing diploma in Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

No your not eligible for AFCAT Examination , If your aspiring to apply for AFCAT Examination then you should complete bachelor degree then only your eligible for this examination .

AFCAT :- Air Force Common Admission Test .

This AFCAT having three branches namely , Flying Branch / Technical Branch / Ground Duty Branch

Eligibility Criteria :-

To apply for Flying Branch , you should complete bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Technology with 60% percentage of marks from recognized university . Your age should be 19 years to 23 years .

To apply for Technical Branch , you should be complete four years Bachelor of Engineering course or Technology course from recognized university . Your age should be 18 years to 28 years .

To apply for Ground Duty Branch , you should complete bachelor degree in any discipline with 60% percentage of marks from recognized university . Your age should be 20 years to 27 years .

Syllabus for AFCAT Examination :-
  1. General Awareness
  2. Verbal Ability in English
  3. Numerical Ability
  4. Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test

So , If your interested to apply for AFCAT Examination the complete bachelor degree from recognized university .
4th March 2012, 08:32 AM
Unregistered

Now im studying DIPLOMA IN ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING Finial year. i want to became a piolat in fucture . so after finishing my diploma then what couse i want to took to became a piolat?
4th March 2012, 09:00 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

As you are not a Graduate, you will not be eligible to apply for Air Force Common Test.

AFCAT-AIR FORCE COMMON ADMISSION TEST conducted by Air Force for admission to the following branches of Air Force:-

FLYING BRANCH
TECHNICAL BRANCH
GROUND DUTY BRANCH

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having Graduation in any discipline with 60% marks is eligible to apply for AFCAT.

For Flying branch you should be a Graduate engineer or Graduate with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics within the age of19 to 23 years.

For Technical Branch you should be a Graduate Engineer within the age of 18 to 28 years of age.

For Ground Duty Branch you should be within the age of 20 to 27 years of age.

The selection of AFCAT is through:-

Written exam
SSB Interview
Medical Test

Written exam is based on:-

General Awareness
Reasoning
Verbal Ability
Numerical Ability
General Aptitude test

So if you are interested you should complete B.Tech. after Diploma in Engineering.

For more information you may log on to www.careerairforce.nic.in
4th March 2012, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

MYSELF YOGESH ANDB.SC WIYH 54%
PERCUING M.SC. MATHS IS ANY OPTION FOR ME IN AIR FORCE
4th March 2012, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

i am comlet graduation BSc, MSc chemitry. eveing colleges. how much. wher
5th March 2012, 01:27 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
You want to appear in AFCAT exam to join in Indian Air Force..
AFCAT exam is conducted by Indian Air force itself to recruit students for different sections in Indian Air force..

Eligibility for AFCAT exam:------------------>>

***For Ground duty branch***
>>Candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade from a recognized university..
>>Final year candidates are also eligible for the exam.
>>Age should be in between 20-27 years.

***For Flying branch***

>>Candidate can complete the graduation in any trade but must have complete the 12th class in maths and physics..
>>Final year candidates are also eligible for the exam..
>>Age should be in between 19-23 years.

***For Technical branch***

>>Candidate must have complete the graduation in engineering field from a recognized university.
>>Final year candidates are also eligible for the exam.
>>Age should be in between 18-28 years.

As you have done diploma course then wright now you are not eligible for the exam.
But you can apply for the exam after completion of BE/B.tech course..
So, try to complete the bachelor's degree first...

All the best..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?