2nd July 2010, 11:10 PM
mayank.maxtri5

School is not allowing me to take Mathematics in 12th after I failed Maths in 11th

I am a student of 12th science stream in The Union Academy School. I have passed class 11th but fail in maths subject and promoted to class 12th because of additional subject Physical Education. Presently I am in 12th the school saying that we are not giving you maths because you fail in maths in 11th. Can they didn't give me maths.How I can get maths???????????

3rd July 2010, 03:25 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Default Re: School is not allowing me to take Mathematics in 12th after I failed Maths in 11th

Its strange they are not allowing you to take maths subject. Maybe its a policy of the school. I dont think there is any way to that they can offer you this subject as the school looks strict.

The only way you can have maths subject is change your school and take admission somewhere else in 12th std where you will gets maths subject
3rd July 2010, 09:50 AM
SJ.18
Senior Member++++

Default Re: School is not allowing me to take Mathematics in 12th after I failed Maths in 11th

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank.maxtri5 View Post
I am a student of 12th science stream in The Union Academy School. I have passed class 11th but fail in maths subject and promoted to class 12th because of additional subject Physical Education. Presently I am in 12th the school saying that we are not giving you maths because you fail in maths in 11th. Can they didn't give me maths.How I can get maths???????????
Hi
Hey, its really very sad.
Your school didnot give you maths because you failed in that subject.
One option is left behind you that please request your school to give you one more chance for sitting in maths test.
You have to prove yourself in that test .
If they accept your request please do hard work for that test and clear test.
When you proved your self than you have a chance to get maths in 12th.
Otherwise you have to left school.
Good luck
3rd July 2010, 10:15 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
since you have passed in 11th class, you will get admission in any other school very easily. You must change your school in which you will get maths in 12th class. Or you can talk to your principal, may be he will give you maths so that there will be no need to change the school.
3rd July 2010, 11:29 AM
VINODH PANCHAPAKESAN

Unhappy Re: School is not allowing me to take Mathematics in 12th after I failed Maths in 11th

Really its tough to get Maths in the same school after a struggle. Cant blame them since they are stringent in not allotting Maths to you due to your failure in 11th.If you want only Maths, you can get the TC and opt to other school instead of getting black mark. Else you can proceed your career in Science itself and try to enter Medical field. Choice is yours. Medical doesnt need maths. So plan accordingly. All the best
3rd July 2010, 12:36 PM
kaushu
Senior Member++++

The decision can not be challenged as you didn't managed to get through in mathematics in +1 standard, and every school has its rules and regulations while taking any decision like this.

However you can ask your parents to go to the principal and try to convince him/her that you will score better in +2.
3rd July 2010, 01:09 PM
Malsi

What do u mean they are not allowing?
Its ur right to join and take up any subjct u want.
Now if u hav an exception that u hav flungd in maths in 11th then ask them for a reexam and prepare yourself.
U should be givena chance.Speak to ur principl and convinc them for a chance and make the best use of it.
A person whuz going to be hung for a crime is also asked for his last wishes.
U have the right to make sure that u get a chance!!

ALL THE BEST!!!
3rd July 2010, 01:14 PM
karthu
Senior Member+

Hai

Its a matter of worry for you.I konw, but the only way is that you can take admission in any other school or you can repeat your +1 course again.
bye
3rd July 2010, 01:24 PM
Shagun Makin

Quote:
Dear Mayank if you are a science student then maths is very important for your future. Try to convince your teachers and your principal and talk with your parents to go and request with a principal that you have a capability to score good marks and you will score good marks in 12th standard.
3rd July 2010, 02:17 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

school is not giving you mathematics for your own benifit. if you really want mathematics you have to prove that you are worthy for it .request them for the retest of your paper and assure them of very good performance, on the basis of which they decide whether to give mathematics or not.make them see reason that you really want mathematics with th assurance of good performance.
give your best in this last performance if the school give you any.
3rd July 2010, 02:46 PM
Dkiran

hi friend,my advice you is to talk with higher authorities about the rules and regulations.and what i know is in cbse there is an supplimentory exam please afford for it in your college.
3rd July 2010, 02:49 PM
sattuvachan
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: School is not allowing me to take Mathematics in 12th after I failed Maths in 11th

friend , that's unfortunate that you cannot go for maths in the same school since you have failed in it due to lack of practice in maths ..

~if any other reason such as illness , etc . than your school can provide you little flexibility regarding the matter but if you have failed due to lack of knowledge in maths than nothing can be done since the decisions regarding this are completely bounded on the candidates and must be respected by all the candidates ..

even in my schooling time , my school used to restrict the candidates from choosing science which obtained less than 80% in 11th grade ..

regarding this matter , central board also have no interference since it is not related to matters which are descripted in their section book ..

but please don't worry !!!

you still have two options left with you ..

1). If you wan't to MBA in later stages than you can continue without maths and than change your subject to maths in graduation which can be easily done and the only eligibility required to appear for CAT , MAT or XAT is graduation ..

OR

2)..
if you wan't maths now , than you can try for National institute of open schooling ( NIOS ) for further study.
Its certificates are recognised and are equal to any board qualification of equal level to get best colleges for higher study or for any other purpose.

Visit NIOS web site link for more information http://www.nios.ac.in

Hope that i have helped you !!
All the best !!
3rd July 2010, 03:35 PM
9A2M00
Senior Member+

recommend your problem to cbsc office in allahabad.
also search at www.cbse.nic.in
3rd July 2010, 03:55 PM
compaq123
Senior Member+

dear friend,
your maths subject is weak so your school deparment can not provided maths so you can complain immediatialy for nios departnment more detail www.nios.ac.in. school principal can one chance for every student.
3rd July 2010, 04:11 PM
Senior Member+++

if you fail in 11th in maths then the school admin will not allow to take maths as a subject in 12th as it may spoil their school result,
so you have wo options that either you opt for another subject in place of maths as informatics /computer sc.
or you can change your school in another schoool they may provide you maths
21st December 2010, 11:26 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

How this could be possible that they are not giving you maths subject. No one can add or ommite subjects during 10+1 or10+2, its against board's examination rules. Genrally a student get registered at 10+1 for 10+2 board examination, once upon registration student can never change subjects. Even school can not interfare in this matter. Your school seems to have some special authority.

Well if you really want to have maths then you should change your school, none of the school will give you admission at 10+2, so you have to appear once again at10+1.

If you are willing to take admission in medical field than don't re appear, just continue without maths as this will doesn't matter to you in medical field.

Good Luck..
22nd December 2010, 07:42 PM
jitendradagrt

its very bad and i m shocked because if the student is interested in maths and than whats the problem in this.11th class case is totally different and for this matter you can complaint to education department.
s
6th January 2011, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

if i got fail in class 11 in this year then can i take admission in another school in class 12?
9th January 2011, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

plz tell me that which is good subject between physical education or math for good scoring in 2 class?
4th March 2011, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

my school is not allowing me to give even a retest after i failed in 2 subjects in 11th and declared me detained..???
23rd March 2011, 10:45 PM
Unregistered

School for 11th fail for 12th
24th March 2011, 12:37 AM
amlendu
Senior Member++

hi,
Its strange they are not allowing you to take maths subject. Maybe its a policy of the school. I dont think there is any way to that they can offer you this subject as the school looks strict.

The only way you can have maths subject is change your school and take admission somewhere else in 12th std where you will gets maths subject
thank
24th March 2011, 01:10 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Your School Is Not Give You The Maths Subject In 12th Exams, Because You Are Fail In Maths Subject In 11th Examination.

And They Will Not Give You That Subject Because If They Will Give You the Maths Subject In 12th Examination, Then The Result Will Also Effect, Thats Why They Will Not Give You Maths Subject.

So, If You Really Interested To Take Maths Subject In 12th Examination, then Please Talk With School Principal And Ask Him, To Give You Maths Subject In 12th Class And I Will Scored Good Marks In That Subject In 12th Examination.

But, I Think, This Is The Rule Of The School, If AnyOne Fail In Maths Subject in 11th Examination, then They Will Not Continue With Maths In 12th Class, thats The Reason, You Will Not Get Maths Subject In 12th Examination.

But, Please Dont Worry, If They Will Not Offer You Maths In 12th Class, Then Without Maths You Can Do Many Courses In Future Like BBA, MBA, BCA, CA And Many More.

So, Please Dont Worry, Just Contact To The Principal And Convince Him, So that They Will Give You The Maths Subject In 12th Class.
24th March 2011, 06:05 AM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Wink Re: School is not allowing me to take Mathematics in 12th after I failed Maths in 11th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder View Post

Dear friend don't take tension if you want to take maths then you can give supplementry exam for maths you can give and passed in maths then they can't stop to you...............

because this is the rule by the government if you want to take admission with math then you must give back exam..........

That's why don't take tension there is path for you.........
24th March 2011, 07:13 AM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: School is not allowing me to take Mathematics in 12th after I failed Maths in 11th

Dear friend,

It is very sad that your school is not allowing you to continue with mathematics as you have failed in math in class 11th. Normally all the school gives one chance to students who failed in one subject, If the student does not improve then only they do not allow.

In fact before filling up the form of board exam subject can be changed. You request them first, if they do not agree and you feel that you can clear the board exam with mathematics then change the school.

School is also correct as non of the school would like that its result should go down.

All the best.
24th March 2011, 09:37 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

actually as you have failed in mathematics in 11th so school is not allowing you to take mathematics in 12th as main subject. if you are really not good in mathematics you should not take mathematics as main subject in 12th.

but if you think that you want to take mathematics as main subject and you will cover up all fault whatever it was in 11th and you are sure that you will not fail in mathematics then obviously you can take. but for this you have to tell to the school and make them understand that you really want mathematics as main subject.

but if you again fail in mathematics in 12th then automatically it will come to the fourth subject and physical education will be main subject. so be careful about this.

best of luck.
24th March 2011, 10:06 AM
SUNNY PRAKASH

O its really sad.
But dont be afraid .
Ask school again to permitte you .
Word hard again .
All the best........
24th March 2011, 04:37 PM
kunal4win

They Will Not Give You That
Subject Because If They Will Give
You the Maths Subject In 12th
Examination, Then The Result Will
Also Effect, Thats Why They Will
Not Give You Maths Subject.
24th March 2011, 06:18 PM
rakesh11135
Junior Member+

As Maths is considered to be a tedious subject so if you fails in Maths & want to take in 12th class then according to me it has no worth for you,try to take another subject.
If you really have a keen interest & want to take Maths then you have to work hard.If you tried your best at your level then its better to go to another school.
25th March 2011, 01:08 AM
daks narang

Quote:
WHAT? i have not heard this anywhere because marks of optional subject are added only.Anyways,i think if your school has promoted you on the basis of additional subject's marks so may be they have considered it your optional subject in 12th because they will not leave your future at stake.But if still you want to continue with maths then try to convince your principal and ask about additional &optional swap.
so relax.what GOD does is always right!(remember that)
31st March 2011, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

if failed in 11th class can appear for 12th class by giving test in another school?
25th April 2011, 07:23 PM
Unregistered

iam failed in 11th in chemistry i want to change school is it possible in cbse , as registration has been done this year in 11th only online suggest me plzzzz
26th April 2011, 12:12 AM
AYUSH KUMAR YADAV
Senior Member+

school is not giving you mathematics . if you really want mathematics you have to prove that you are worthy for it .request them for the retest of your paper and assure them of very good performance, on the basis of which they decide whether to give mathematics or not..
26th April 2011, 12:43 PM
jayati grewal

Quote:
ANS-see this is totally a matter of your school...u can get maths either by doing ur 11th again and passing in maths or by just convencing ur school that u will try to do maths at ur best....
27th April 2011, 07:59 PM
Unregistered

I want to qualify 12th maths exam from open school.presently completed Msc in microbiology n want to take admission in Mtec but the eligibility for admission is maths as an optional subject in 12th std. so please can you suggest any open school through which i can qualify 12th maths.its compulsory to get admission.
30th April 2011, 11:16 PM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

Really its tough to get Maths in the same school after a struggle. Cant blame them since they are stringent in not allotting Maths to you due to your failure in 11th.If you want only Maths, you can get the TC and opt to other school instead of getting black mark. Else you can proceed your career in Science itself and try to enter Medical field. Choice is yours. Medical doesnt need maths. So plan accordingly. All the best
3rd May 2011, 03:43 PM
Unregistered

hi,my kids study cbse affiliated school frm nursery,he jusst given the 10th board home exam,the school said they provied subject in 11th student performence on preboard exam,so session for 11th class start frm apr and they forced my son to taking commerce.but he is much interested in PMC.they thrown out my son frm science class.i had talk wid school director ,but he dsnt allow him to taking PMC,director said he ll take entrance tast for my son with other outsiders student who wanted the admission in 11th class ,what should we do? my son in pressure n depression.pls help me fast.i can not change the school n cant afford .
24th May 2011, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

sir,
myself abhay jadon,
i hv got compartment in chemistry in class 12th plz help me soon . wht should i do???
did i will give exam. of compartment or i will do repet in class 12 to improve my performance,
nd plz tell me did there is any school in delhi who will give me addmision in CBSE in class 12 havin PCM streme,
plz help me soon i m in a lot of diperission wht should i do???
plz plz plz help me !!!!!!!!
29th May 2011, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

[QUOTE=Pathfinder;116455]Its strange they are not allowing you to take maths subject. Maybe its a policy of the school. I dont think there is any way to that they can offer you this subject as the school looks strict.

The only way you can have maths subject is change your school and take admission somewhere else in 12th std where you will gets maths subject[/QUOTE

i want to give up maths after failing in 12 can i ? is dat possible ?
6th June 2011, 05:26 AM
Unregistered

by leaving maths in 11th which exams i cant give
10th June 2011, 10:32 AM
Unregistered

can i change the subjects after passing 11th?
23rd July 2011, 06:26 PM
Unregistered

after passing 12th with non medical can i appear for biology exam as an additional subject...
5th March 2012, 01:11 AM
Unregistered

Can physical education help me to pass in class 11th
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?