18th September 2012, 05:31 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for civils after completing graduation from Ambedkar Open University

Sir i will complete my graduation in 2013 from Ambedkar open university,may i apply for civils

15th June 2015, 09:13 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for civils after completing graduation from Ambedkar Open University

Civil Services examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission every year. This entrance test is conducted for selection of candidates to different services of Indian Government like:

>>Indian Administrative Services.

>>Indian Police Services.

>>Indian Revenue Services.

>>Indian Foreign Services.

Eligibility criteria for Civil Services examination.

1. Academic qualification:

>>Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also apply for the exam.

Only passing percentage of marks is required in order to be eligible for the exam.

If you have obtained your degree from open university then it must recognized by the University Grants Commission and Distance Education Council then only you can apply for the exam.

If your university has the above mentioned recognition then you can apply for the exam.

2. Age criteria:

From the year 2015, the general age limit is 21-32 years and upper age relaxation of three years to OBC and five years to SC/ST respectively.

3. Number of attempts:

General candidates:6

OBC candidate: 9

SC/ST: no limit till upper age limit.

Civil Services exam has three stages:

>>Preliminary examination.

>>Mains examination.

>>Personal interview.

For any more details, you can visit the official website of UPSC www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?