17th August 2014, 07:40 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for civils after completing degree in Gitam University? List of the universities eligible for Civils?

am i eligible for civils after completing my degree in Gitam university(direct final year open degree).also kindly provide the list of universities eligible for civils.

15th March 2016, 01:21 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for civils after completing degree in Gitam University? List of the universities eligible for Civils?

Yes you are eligible for appearing in the Civil Services examination having done your degree course from a open university as UPSC do recognizes the degree issued by open universities.

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission and it conducts Civil Services examination once every year in three stages which includes Preliminary test, Mains and Personal Interview respectively.

--> For appearing in the same examination you need to have the qualifications mentioned below :-

* You must be an Indian resident with your age lying within 21 years to 32 years in case you belong to general category as for other categories there is provision of age relaxation as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your graduation degree course with any subject from a recognized regular or open university.

For more details about the same examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
15th March 2016, 11:18 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible for civils after completing degree in Gitam University? List of the universities eligible for Civils?

Yes. You are eligible to apply for civil services after completion of ypur graduation from gitam university.

UPSC Eligibility
- You must have passed graduation from a recognized university.
- Your age must be between 21 to 32 years. Relaxation applicable 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST.
- Maximum allowed attemps are 6 for UR and 9 for OBC.

Selection
- Preliminary Exam
- Main Exam
- Interview

UPSC Exam Pattern

Preliminary Exam
It consist of two papers. Each is of 200 marks and 2 hours duration.

Main Exam

- Paper I : Essay : 250 Marks
- Paper II : English : 250 Marks
- Paper III : General Studies I : 250 Marks
- Paper IV : General Studies II : 250 Marks
- Paper V : General Studies III : 250 Marks
- Paper VI : General Studies IV : 250 Marks
- Paper VII : Optional Subject I : 250 Marks
- Paper VIII : Optional Subject II : 250 Marks

Interview : 275 Marks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?