18th April 2015, 01:37 AM
Er tarun soni

Can I apply for CTET exam being a Mechanical Engineer?

Sir can I apply for ctet exam as I have completed my BE in mechanical with 70%. Sir tell me if any sort of possibility is there to do so.

18th April 2015, 08:41 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for CTET exam being a Mechanical Engineer?

No, you are not eligible to apply for CTET (Central Teacher Eligibility Test) being a Mechanical Engineer. CTET Examination is basically conducted for Primary Stage category candidates and Secondary Stage Category candidates. To be eligible for CTET (Preliminary Stage) for Classes I-V, you must have completed Senior Secondary Education or its equivalent with minimum 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of the two year Diploma in Elementary Education. On the other hand, to be eligible for CTET Elementary Stage for Classes VI to VII, you must have completed Graduation and passed or appearing in B.Ed (Bachelor of Education) with minimum 50% marks. Hence, to be eligible for CTET Examination you are required to pursue B.Ed Course as you have already passed Graduation.
18th April 2015, 09:32 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Er tarun soni View Post
Sir can I apply for ctet exam as I have completed my BE in mechanical with 70%. Sir tell me if any sort of possibility is there to do so.
You have completed BE in Mechanical Engineering so you are eligible CTET exam.

Minimum educational qualifications for becoming teacher for Classes I-V (Primary Stage) of CTET exam is Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2-year Diploma in Education (Special Education) or Graduation and passed or appearing in final year of two year Diploma in Elementary Education.

Minimum educational qualifications for becoming teacher for Elementary stage(For becoming teachers from class VI to VIII) is Graduation degree or appearing in final year of graduation degree.

Your age should be in between 18 to 40 years. Age relaxation is provided for reserved category candidates.
18th April 2015, 11:24 AM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

To apply for CTET or to fulfill its eligibility criteria one must have diploma or bachelors degree for primary stages and bachelors degree in elementary education for elementary stage..
18th April 2015, 06:29 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

CTET is the Central Teacher Eligibility Test. it is conducted for recruitment of the Primary and the Secondary school level teachers.

You can apply for the Primay teacher post because the eligibilty for that is-
"Graduation and passed or appearing in final year of two year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known)"

For the seconday level also,
"Graduation with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed)"

So, you can apply for the exam.
Also, if you have any doubt then you can refer to the official website of CTET, the link of which is given below-

ctet.nic.in/ctetapp/eligibility.aspx
20th April 2015, 08:57 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Er tarun soni View Post
CTET is for recruiting teachers in Indian schools. Being a B.Tech graduate, you can apply for the following competitive examinations to get good jobs in core industries in India.

>>IES - Indian Engineering Services exam
>>GATE -Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

You can also appear for

>>Civil services
>>IBPS
>>RRB exam
>>SSC exam
31st January 2017, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

Please tell me eligibility criteria of ctet for an engineer as soon as possibly.
20th September 2017, 12:36 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my b.tech in electronics and I pursuing b.ed
I want to ask that if I have cracked tet exam. I will be able to get govt school for teaching or not
16th November 2017, 08:31 AM
Unregistered

Sir, i have completed my 3 years diploma after 10th from mechanical branch and now i am giving tuition in delhi. I want to become a teacher, what should i do? Please suggest!
6th March 2018, 05:59 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir, I have completed M.TECH in Green Energy Technology and also B.Ed, can I get Job in Senior secondary School(Gov.School)
1st October 2019, 12:32 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have completed BE civil engineering can i apply for primary level teaching .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?