16th December 2020, 12:32 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for the Indian Foreign Service after completing 12th?

Respected Sir/Madam, can I apply for the Indian Foreign Service after completing my 12th? I am studying in 12th and I want to join IFS. Please help me to know about this asap.

17th December 2020, 09:02 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for the Indian Foreign Service after completing 12th?

--- NO, you cannot apply for the Indian Foreign Service after completing 12th.

--- The minimum eligibility criteria required to apply for Indian foreign Services is graduation in any discipline from a recognized university/institute.

--- You have to apply for Indian service civil services examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission of India.

OFFICIAL WEBSITE-
http://www.upsc.gov.in
17th December 2020, 09:35 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

°°° NO, you can not apply for the Indian Foreign Service after completing 12th.

°°°As per the minimum educational qualification, Candidate should have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognised university or Institute.

°°° After selected to the Indian Foreign Service through the civil services examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission of India, candidates will undergo training at the Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration in Mussoorie for a period of 3 months.

°°° For more information you can visit this website-
http://www.upsc.gov.in
18th December 2020, 04:09 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

To join Indian Foreign Service (IFS), you are required to qualify the Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

Further, the minimum education required for appearing in the Civil Services examination is a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

So, you cannot become an IFS officer after completion of your Class 12th.

For more details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
18th December 2020, 07:27 PM
prynsh7

No you can't apply for Indian Foreign Service exam after completing 12th. Candidate should hold a degree from any of the recognised universities or must have an equivalent qualification.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?