7th September 2015, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join Indian Foreign Service being a 12th NIOS student?

Hello,
Will I be able to be a part of Indian Foreign Service as I am pursuing 12th from NIOS Board? Please let me know asap. Waiting for your reply!

8th September 2015, 11:05 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Foreign Service being a 12th NIOS student?

Eligibility Criteria for Indian Foreign Service :

<> You must have completed graduation with minimum percentage of marks from the recognized university.

<> Age should be in between these limits.

-- Minimum Age : 21 years

-- Maximum Age : 30 years.

<> There is a Age relaxation allowed for the reserved candidates as per government norms.
8th September 2015, 01:14 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Foreign Service being a 12th NIOS student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
Will I be able to be a part of Indian Foreign Service as I am pursuing 12th from NIOS Board? Please let me know asap. Waiting for your reply!
No. 12th standard from NIOS student are not eligible for Indian Foreign Service exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for Indian Foreign Services exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

CIVIL SERVICES (PRELIMINARY) EXAM 2015:-

Date of commencement of Examination:- 23.08.2015 (SUNDAY)

CIVIL SERVICES (MAIN) EXAM 2015:-

Date of commencement of Examination:- 18.12.2015 (FRIDAY)

For more details about IFS exam please visit to the official website www.upsc.gov.in
8th September 2015, 02:08 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The entrance examination for the Indian Forest Services is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission every year and is commonly known as Civil Services examination which is the basis for recruitment of IAS, IPS, IFS, IRS etc officers.

Eligibility criteria:

>>The minimum qualification required for this course is bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university. Final year candidates of bachelor's degree can also apply for the exam.

As you are 10+2 NIOS candidates you can not apply for this exam, first you need to do bachelor's degree then only you can apply for the Civil Services exam. You need not worry about NIOS 10+2 certificate as it is valid for Civil Services examination.

>>The age limit for the exam is 21-32 years with upper age relaxation for the reserved category candidates upto five years for SC/ST candidates.

You can visit the official website of UPSC for any further details if you have regarding this exam www.upsc.gov.in.
8th September 2015, 08:08 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Indian Foreign Services comes under the Civil Services of Indian Government. UPSC conducts Civil Services examination every year for IAS, IFS, IPS etc.

For this exam, a candidate must be graduate in any discipline, as you are 10+2 NIOS candidate, you can apply for this entrance exam. The age limit is 21-32 years for the candidates belonging to open category. Relaxation upto three years to OBC and five years to SC/ST category candidates.

NIOS 10+2 certificates are valid for any exam but you must be graduate to be eligible to join Indian Foreign Services.
8th September 2015, 08:38 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for the Indian Foreign Services under Civil Services of India:

Minimum academic qualification for the entrance exam of IFS is graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also apply for the exam.

The age limit is 21-32 years.

There you can not apply for the entrance exam of IFS after passing 10+2 board exams from NIOS. You should do bachelor's degree then only you can become eligible for exam.
8th September 2015, 09:28 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For Indian Foreign Services job you need to be a graduate then apply for civil services exam which is conducted by UPSC. If you are NIOS passed out then you are definitely eligible for any graduation course.

Hence, you will be eligible for it if you complete graduation from a recognized university which is clearly possible for a NIOS passed 12th student.
10th September 2015, 04:54 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to join Indian Foreign Service being a 12th NIOS student, as the minimum educational qualification required in order to join Indian Foreign Service is graduation.

Therefor I request you to first complete your graduation from a recognized University and then join the above mentioned service.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?