8th January 2013, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for NDA exam after completing my degree in BCA?

i am student of bca 2nd year student,can i applicable for nda exam after complete my degree?

10th January 2013, 03:33 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for NDA exam after completing my degree in BCA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am student of bca 2nd year student,can i applicable for nda exam after complete my degree?
You can eligible to apply NDA Exam after completing your graduate degree but your age lies between 16.5 years and 19 years at the time of appearing for NDA Examination . It is not possible because after completing your graduation , you are crossed 19 years . So you can not apply for NDA Examination but you can apply for CDS Examination .

CDS Examination is also similar to the NDA Examination . If you are interested you can apply for the CDS Examination after completing you are graduation .

CDS Stands for Combined Defence Service and this examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year in the month of Feb and September .

Basic Qualification required for CDS Examination is that applicant should have a holding their bachelor's degree from a recognized University or equivalent qualification . So after completing graduation you can apply for CDS examination and it is better option for you .

CDS Examination is a single entry for admission to Indian Military Academy , Naval Academy , Air force Academy , Officer Training Academy .

CDS Exam Age limits ::
  • Indian Military Academy :: 19-24 yrs .
  • Indian Naval Academy :: 19 - 22 yrs .
  • Indian Air force Academy :: 19-23 yrs.
  • Officer Training Academy :: 19-25 yrs.

Final year of degree course may also eligible to apply for this examination and waiting for the exam results may also eligible to apply for this examination . So Next year you can apply for CDS examination if you are interested .

Notification will be publish in the month of October OR November and May or June in the official website of UPSC as well as employment news paper .

If you are regarding the more details , Visit the official website :: www.upsc.gov.in
28th June 2013, 12:21 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

You have adequate educational qualification to apply for NDA. HSC passed candidates can apply for NDA. But your age must not be greater than 19 years. Graduates can join army through CDS or AFCAT exam. Those between 19 and 24 years of age can apply for these exams, conducted by UPSC.
4th July 2013, 12:37 AM
Unregistered

sir i am Bca 1st year student so can i eligible to NDA exams ?
5th July 2013, 10:36 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

NDA examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year .This exam is conduct for recruitment in - Army wings, Navy wings, Air force Wings.

The minimum required qualification for NDA exam is 12th standard .If your 12th subject is mathematics and Physics then you are applicable for all above wings.NDA exam not require any percentage marks of the candidate.

The candidate age should between 16.5 years to 19 years.There is no age relaxation for Sc/ST candidate . Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply. You must have Citizenship of India.

You have completed 12th standard so i think you are applicable for NDA exam but i think your age is over 19 years old so you are not eligible to attend in NDA exam .

You can get more information regarding the exam at the official site of UPSC at http://www.upsc.gov.in
5th July 2013, 10:16 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Dear friend,

You can appear for NDA Exam, if you are 10+2 appearing or passed.

But your age must be between 16.5 to 19 years for appearing in NDA Exam.

You can appear for NDA Exam even if you are from Commerce or Arts stream, but in this case, you can apply for Army wing of NDA only.

As you have completed BCA now, so I don't think your age would be between 16.5 to 19 years.

You might have crossed the age of 19 years.

So, better you start preparing for CDS Exam, if you really want to serve your country.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Services and also conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

As you completed BCA, so you are eligible to appear for CDS Exam.

Some of the best books for CDS exam are:

Pathfinder CDS: Combined Defence Services Entrance Examination (Paperback)
by Sanjeev Jain, Amit Rastogi, Atul Sharma, Digvijay Singh, Preeti Gupta, Prashant Kumar, Balmukud Singh
Publisher: Arihant Publications (2012)
Price: Rs. 385

CDS Exam Guide 1st Edition (Paperback)
Author: RPH Editorial Board
Price: Rs. 268

CDS Chapterwise - Sectionwise Solved Papers (Paperback)
by Arihant Experts
Publisher: Arihant (2012)
Price: Rs. 259
6th July 2013, 10:53 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for NDA after BCA(Bachelor of Computer Application) Degree but provided you fulfill the age criteria.

NDA - National Defence Academy, the entrance exam for which is conducted by UPSC twice every year for an entry in to Indian Army, Navy and Air Force wing.

The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian Male having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass in any stream from a recognised Board within the age of 16.5 to 19 years with no upper age relaxatio n for any reserved category candidate with good Physical and Mental Fitness.

But after BCA Degree you can apply for CDS(Combined Defence Service), the exam for which is conducted by UPSC twice every year to join Indian Military Academy, naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy.

The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 25 years with good Physical and Mental health, can apply for CDS.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
6th July 2013, 10:21 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend.......

Yes you can apply for NDA exam after completing degree in BCA

NDA stands for National Defence Academy

This exam conducted by UPSC twice in a year

NDA-I

NDA-II

NDA have three wings they are

Indian Air Force

Indian Army

Indian Navy

Eligibility Criteria:

The applicant should be 12th standard or it's equivalent from a recognized university

Applicant must be citizen of India

percentage is not required for this exam

The age limits are 16.5 years to 19 years and no upper age relaxation.

For India Airforce and Navy you need to complete 12th standard with PCM subjects but no need for Indian army

Only unmarried and male candidates are eligible

Selection procedure:

Written exam,

SSB interview,

Medical test.

Syllabus:

Mathematics-300 marks,

General ability-600 marks.

Total 900 marks.

After BCA Degree you can better to apply for CDS(Combined Defence Service), the exam for which is conducted by UPSC twice every year to join Indian Military Academy, naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy.

The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognized University within the age of 19 to 25 years with good Physical and Mental health, can apply for CDS.

All the best............
7th July 2013, 10:45 AM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend..............

as per your educational qualification you are eligible for NDA

but, may be your age limit is cross for this examination

because the maximum age limit for NDA is 19 years only

There is no age relaxation for this examination

More information about NDA Examination

NDA - Stands for National Defence Academy

This Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission in yearly twice i.e.

NDA - I

and

NDA - II

NDA have three wings i.e.

Indian Air Force

Indian Army

Indian Navy

Required Eligibility Criteria for NDA EXamination

Educational Qualification

Candidates must have a 12th standard with PCM (Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics) subjects from any recognized institution

There is no percentage required for this examination

Age Limit

Candidates age should between 16.5 years to 19 years

There is no age relaxation for this examination

Nationality

Candidates should be a citizen of India

Marital Status

Candidate should be a citizen of India

Selection Procedure

Written Examination

Medical Test

Personnel Interview

Physical Standard for NDA Examination

7th July 2013, 02:22 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you are in 2nd year BCA then you can apply for NDA examination but your age should be according to the notification.

You can apply for NDA exam if you your age is between 16.5 to 19 years.

But if your age is above 19 years and you have BCA qualification then you can apply for CDS Examination which is also conducted by UPSC like NDA Exam.

You haven't mentioned your age so decide according to your age for which exam you are eligible.

The selection in Defense as an Officer is totally dependent on the following stages:

-Objective Type Test

-SSB Interview

-Medical Examination

So you can start preparation for the examination because the selection is based on merit. With top marks you will be selected for the Academy.

You must have very good physical fitness so that you don't face any problem during Medical Examination.

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
7th July 2013, 05:18 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can I apply for NDA exam after completing my degree in BCA?

Quote:

Eligibility For NDA

National Defence Academy is the full form of NDA and is held each year by the UPSC in April and August for

(i) Indian Army
(ii) Indian Air Force
(iii) Indian Navy

Eligibility Criteria that an applicant should fulfill in order to apply for NDA are

1) The age limit for which a student is allowed to apply for NDA is 16.5 to 19 years..

2) The applicant can only be an unmarried male

3) You must also have cleared your 12th with passing marks..

If you are still within the given age limit then you can still appear for NDA..but don't feel disappointed if your age has exceeded 19 years..

You are still eligible to apply for the CDS Examination after completing your graduation degree..

For CDS

>> You must have completed graduation from a recognized college with passing marks

>> You should be within the following age limit

> Indian Air Force Academy - 19 to 23 years
> Indian Naval Academy - 19 to 22 years
> Indian Military Academy - 19 to 24 years
> Officer's Training Academy - 19 to 25 years

The CDS Exam is conducted in February and September..

Both NDA and CDS are conducted by UPSC so you can visit http://upsc.gov.in

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
10th August 2013, 09:55 AM
Unregistered

can i apply for nda air force after bca in flying branch?
10th August 2013, 10:41 AM
Unregistered

can iapply for nda if completd my bca from vbu affiliated college
9th February 2014, 12:06 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my bca and I am 18 years and my 19 will be in november 2014 can I apply for NDA.
2nd March 2014, 09:23 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

The minimum academic qualification with which a candidate is eligible to join NDA is by completion of 12th class.

The complete selection procedure would involve
NDA Exam
Interview
Medical Test

Every year UPSC is going to conduct NDA Exam two times a year to recruit the candidates into
Army wing
Navy wing
Air Force wing

One should have completed 12th class with any of the stream in order to be eligible to apply for Army wing.

One should have completed 12th class with Physics and Mathematics as the compulsory subject in order to be eligible to apply for Navy and Air Force wings.

The candidates should be in the age group of 16.5 years to 19 years to take this Exam.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for this Exam.

As you have completed 12th class and now in Graduation, I hope you may not possess the above mentioned age criteria.

Hence, I suggest you to apply for CDS Exam soon after the completion of your Graduation in order to make entry into Indian Army.

Collect the syllabus and exam pattern for this Exam and prepare well.

Wish you all the best.
6th January 2015, 11:09 AM
Unregistered

I'm b.com final year student so after completing my degree then I can apply NDA exam. Then ME allowed or not and age limit
5th March 2015, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

si i want to know that that should i elegible for nda exam aftet completing my be exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?