19th December 2013, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

Can girls after completing a bachelor degree give NDA exam?

Can girls after completing a bachelor degree give NDA exam?
plz tell me i have done BSc.biotech so i want to know that can i give NDA entrace exam??????

27th December 2013, 10:34 PM
Experts
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can girls after completing a bachelor degree give NDA exam?

I think you don't about the NDA Examination. NDA i.e National Defence Academy Examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year. Mostly the examination will be held in the month of February and August every year.

NDA Examination is conducted for recruitment of Army wings, Navy wings and Airforce wings. To apply for NDA examination, you should have a completed graduate degree from a recognized School. You should have a minimum 16.5 years and maximum 19 years.

Coming to your query :: No, girls are not eligible to apply for NDA Examination. Only male candidates are eligible to apply for NDA Examination. NDA examination is only for Intermediate candidate not for graduate degree candidates.

But you can join the Defence Service through CDS Examination and Short Service Commission.

CDS i.e Combined Defence Service and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year for recruitment of IMA, NA, AFA or OTA. Female candidates are not eligible to apply for IMA, NA, AFA but you are eligible to apply for OTA (Officer Training Academy).

OTA Eligibility :-

-->> You must have passed degree course in any discipline from a recognized University.

-->> You must have attained the age of 19 years and must not have attained the age of 25 years.

-->> Those who are appeared or appearing in the final year of degree course may also eligible to apply.
9th April 2015, 12:21 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Sorry you cannot give NDA examination being a girl candidate as for the same examination applicant must be an unmarried male .

But if you are interested in the defense field and you have done your graduation then you have do not have to worry much as you have the option of CDS examination for which the educational qualification is graduation with any discipline from a recognized university .

Your age for this examination must be within 19 years to 25 years . It varies with the wing for which you are going for .

The examination is conducted by union public service commission twice every year .

For more information you should visit the official website of U.P.S.C.i.e;www.upsc.gov.in.
9th April 2015, 07:20 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

No you are not eligible for NDA stands for National Defence Academy and the examination is conduced by UPSC twice in a year.

The eligibility criteria are :-

*Only male unmarried candidates .
* Candidates having Mathematics or Mathematics and Physics both in +2 can apply .
* The age of candidates must be 16.5-19 years .

The examination is conducted in two parts :-
Written .
SSB .

The written examination contains two papers one of Mathematics and other of General Ability . Both the paper are of 300 and 600 marks respectively .

But if you are interested in joining defence services you can go for CDS after graduation .
9th April 2015, 09:06 PM
kunalroy89

NDA exam is for boys only and only for 12th pass candidates.
After Graduation Girls can get into defence forces through other exams and there is no need for NDA.
Being a girl candidate you can get into OTA after Graduation.
You need to qualify CDS exam conducted by UPSC to get into OTA.The age limit is 19-25years and Graduation from any stream.

If you have a Technical degree i.e. B.E./B.Tech and want to go into Airforce you can apply for AFCAT.
AFCAT is conducted by AirForce and there are several entry schemes for female candidates through AFCAT into AirForce.
You can check the details about AFCAT from official website of Airforce at careerairforce.nic.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?