18th August 2012, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for SBI Clerk post after passing 12th with 58.2% with grace

I got 12 exaim in 58.2% with grace . Can i apply

Related Questions:
21st August 2012, 06:47 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Exclamation Re: Can I apply for SBI Clerk post after passing 12th with 58.2% with grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey friend,

It is a good option of choosing to write the SBI Clerk which promotes candidate to join in for the post of Bank Clerk in their bank for the candidates who pass the Bank Clerk exam held by them.

This exam is conducted based on the vacancy of the post.To be very clear there are criteria's which are needed to be satisfied in order to apply for the exam as like all other entrance exams.

The eligibility criteria's for the exam would include such as :
  • Nationality
  • Age Limit
  • Education Qualification

Nationality:

~ Candidate appearing must be a citizen of India

Age Limit:

~ The age limit needed for the exam is that the candidate must have 18-28 years.

~ There are certain upper age relaxation for other category candidates and they are :

> For SC/ST candidates it is 5 years
> For OBC Candidates it is 3 years

Education Qualification:

~ The education qualification needed by the candidate in order to apply for the SBI bank Clerk exam is that the candidate must have completed +2 with a minimum of 60% of marks in order to be eligible for the exam

So,when regarding your criteria's along with the criteria's framed it is that you have got 58.2% in your +2 and as per the guidelines you need to have got 60% which makes you ineligible for applying for the exam.

For more information regarding the exam check at http://www.sbi.co.in

ALL THE BEST
21st August 2012, 07:43 PM
koppula.haritha

Default Re: Can I apply for SBI Clerk post after passing 12th with 58.2% with grace

Yes,you can apply for SBI clerk exam or SBi Associate bank clerk exam.You don't need to worry about the exam

Details of recruitment:

Minimum 12th Standard (10 + 2) pass or equivalent qualification with a minimum
of aggregate 60% marks (55% for SC/ ST/ PWD/ XS).
OR
ii) A degree (Graduation level) from a recognised university

To apply for the exam visit www.statebankofindia.com. All the best
21st August 2012, 08:11 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for SBI Clerk post after passing 12th with 58.2% with grace

Quote:

I am extremely sorry to say that it is not possible for you to give this examination since the basic eligibility criteria says that you need to be a higher secondary passed out candidate and also you have to ensure minimum 60 percent of marks for this exam.

Since you are approximately 2 percent short of the marks which needs to be achieved therefore it is not possible for you to give this exam unfortunately.

There are many students who prefers to do diploma courses after giving class 10 board exam. If that degree is a regular one whose duration is not less than two years and has been done from a recognized institution then also you can give the exam.

But the same percentage of marks needs to be secured in diploma. So the criteria is more or less the same as well here.

So my suggestion would be to complete your graduation first if you are interested to give this exam badly. Because they have not mentioned the specific percentage of marks to attain at graduation level which means you can give this exam by simply acquiring the pass marks.

In case of reserved category candidates again the percentage of marks to secure is 35% of marks.

Your age should be 18 years or above when applying for this exam. That is the minimum age limit no matter what your category is. This rule is binding on all.

The upper age limit for general category candidates is 28 years. There is age relaxation of 5 years for the SC/ST candidates, 3 years for the OBC candidates and for physically handicapped candidates it is 10 years.

For this post it is also important for all candidates to be well versed in English. The ability to speak and write in English will be seen as an added advantage over others.

If you know the local language well then also it will work in your favour.

The selection procedure basically includes: 1) Written Examination and 2) Personal Interview.

In the written examination generally question standards are of class 11 and 12. On preparing the lessons well for the board exam you will feel the familiarity with the clerk exam. On just practicing some previous year papers and mock test papers you will be able to understand the pattern well. Along with that you should also have to go through some of the popular bank clerk exam books available in the market.

Generally for the examination you will get objective type of questions to answer. It consists of five papers and for each paper 40 marks have been alloted. You will get only two hours and fifteen minutes to complete the whole paper.

SBI Clerk Exam Pattern:

For each right answer you will get one mark. However that does not means you can answer by guessing wildly. Answer every question cautiously as there is negative marking for each wrong answer. For each wrong answer 0.25 marks will be deducted from the total score.

You need to remember one thing that just by managing to get the qualifying marks you dont get selected like that easily. Since the top students with high scores will be called for the interview session.

More the marks you secure, greater will be your chances of making it to the interview session. The reserved category candidates will get a relaxation in the minimum percentage of marks to acquire.

For one post generally they call for three persons maximum and the final selection is done only by tallying the marks achieved in the written examination and the confidence and integrity shown in the interview session by the candidate. May this information comes in handy.

Hope this helped. :-> :->
21st August 2012, 08:11 PM
FIRST RANK SOLUTION

No,you are not eligible because you have less than 60% in 12th standard.
But if you have a graduate degree then you are also eligible.
Your minimum age should be 18 years.
21st August 2012, 08:47 PM
jayks

Hello

Eligibility fro SBI Clerk
-Candiadate should atleast 60% in your 12th standard
-candiate age should between 18 - 28 year
so you are not eligible for SBI Clerk with 58%
but
you can eligible for other bank clerk

apply IBPS CWE for clerk job for 19 nationalized bank

All the best
21st August 2012, 08:58 PM
manjira...

Thumbs up Re: Can I apply for SBI Clerk post after passing 12th with 58.2% with grace

No Friend. I am very sorry to inform you that you are not eligible to appear for the SBI Clerk post with 58.2% marks in 10+2.

State Bank of India(SBI) recruit candidates for clerical post through entrance examinations. The SBI recruitment examination is held both for Clerical post as well as Bank PO.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR CLERICAL POST:

1)AGE:
The age of the general candidates must be between 18 and 28 years.
The age of the SC/ST candidates must be between 18 and 33 years.
The age of the OBC candidates must be between 18 and 31 years.

2)NATIONALITY:The candidate must be Indian citizen.

3)EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION:
The candidates must have secured 60% in his 10+2 exam from a recognized board.
OR
The candidate must have a bachelor degree from a recognized university.

Complete your graduation then apply for the Bank exam.
BEST OF LUCK!!
26th August 2012, 06:14 PM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

hi...!!!

-->Eligibility criteria for SBI bank PO exam:-

-candidate must have completed the graduation from recognised university.

-final year candidates are also eligible.

-candidate must have 60% marks.

-age should be in between 21-30 years.

-for SC/ST 5 years relaxation is there and for OBC relaxation of 3 years.

-candidate must be indian.

-->Eligibility criteria for SBI bank clerical exam:-

-candidate must have completed the +2 from recognised board.

-+2 standard candidates are also eligible.

-age should be in between 18-28 years.

-candidate must have 60% marks.

-for SC/ST 5 years relaxation is there and for OBC relaxation of 3 years.

-candidate must be indian.

BOOKS OF SBI

all the best...go ahead!!!

Regards
Guri Kaur
5th November 2012, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

i am pursuing BSC IT(distance education). can i also apply..??
6th November 2012, 06:33 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Sorry to say that your 12th standard marks is below 60% so you are not applicable for SBI CLERK Exam.

Those candidate have completed 12th standard with above 60% marks OR completed graduation degree , are applicable for SBI CLERK exam.

Your age should be between 18 to 28 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

Selection process for this exam written test and Interview.

Pattern for SBI Clerk exam:-

1. General English
2. Reasoning
3. Numerical Ability
4. General Awareness
5. Computer / Marketing Knowledge.

Books for SBI Clerk Examination

SBI Clerk Examination ( Complete Study Package )
by
Sanjeev Joon
Publisher :- Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited

SBI Clerk Examination
by
Disha Experts
Publisher :- Disha Publication (2011)

SBI Examination ( Previous Years' Papers )
by
SBI & Associate Banks
Publisher :- Ramesh Publishing House

For more details about SBI BANK Recruitment you can visit to www.statebankofindia.com/
7th November 2012, 02:13 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

No you can’t apply for SBI clerk exam because SBI want atleast 60 % marks in 10+2 to be eligible for its exam.

There is relaxation in marks for SC/ST 55 % for SBI clerk exam.

So if you are SC/ST then you are eligible for SBI clerk exam.

The age limit for SBI clerk is 18 to 28 years . The age relaxation is there for 5 years for SC/ST , 3 years for OBC .

You have to clear objective type paper with section wise cutoff to clear the exam.

Means you have to pass in each and every section of the paper then only you will be declared pass.

There will be interview after passing the paper. Interview also carry some marks.

The if you are higher on merit list then you will be selected as clerk in SBI.
7th November 2012, 01:16 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Hello Friend,

The State Bank of India Conducts the Clerical Post Examination as well as the PO Post Examination every year for the recruitment of candidates on the respective posts according to the number of vacancies.

So SBI Has clarified that only those candidates can apply for these examinations who fulfill the Eligibility Criteria Set for the Respective Posts.

Now , you want to get information about the SBI Clerical post , so below i have mentioned the same for you :

Eligibility Criteria for SBI Clerical Post Examination -

a) Age Criteria :

* For Open Category Candidates , the age should lie in between 18-28 years.

* For OBC Category Candidates , the age should lie in between 18-31 years.

* For SC/ST Category Candidates , the age should lie in between 18-33 years.

b) Educational Qualifications :

* You must have passed 12th from any recognized board in any discipline with a minimum of 60% marks.

* Graduate Candidates with a minimum of 60% marks can also apply.

c) Nationality :

* You must have Indian Citizenship.

So , on the basis of the above mentioned you are not eligible for the SBI Clerical Post Examination as per your marks in 12th.

Hope the above mentioned will provide you the information you were searching for.

7th November 2012, 05:48 PM
Ravi kumar pawar
Member+

Hi
Eligibility criteria for sbi clerk

Educational qualification:
Minimum 12th by any stream with 60%
Or
Degree from recognized university

Age limit: 18-28 year
Age relaxation:
3 year for obc
5 year for st/sc

Sorry to says that you are not eligible for sbi clerk exam
7th November 2012, 07:07 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend,

ELIGIBILITY OF SBI CLERK:

Candidate should complete the 12th standard with minimum 60% of marks from any recognized university.

Candidate age limit should be between 18 to 28 years.

3 years age relaxation for the OBC Candidates.

5 years age relaxation for the sc/st candidates.

So you are not eligible for the SBI Clerical Exam.

ALL THE BEST.
7th November 2012, 07:44 PM
jhontyrathod

Dear friend ,
You can apply for the clerk post in SBI. But first of all you have to check the required criteria.Some banks allow 12 pass applicants.So confirm it first.
7th November 2012, 07:54 PM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Hi,

Earlier for bank clerk exam, 12th pass was the minimum qualification required, but the criteria has changed now.

Eligibility criteria to apply for SBI clerk exam -

1. Graduation in any discipline from a recognised university.

2. Age - 18 -28 years.

Exam Pattern for Bank clerk exam -

The clerk exam has five papers -

1. Quantitative Aptitude
2. Reasoning
3. General awareness
4. Computer awareness
5. English

So, you need to complete graduation first to be eligible for SBI clerk and also IBPS bank clerk exam.
7th November 2012, 10:59 PM
azhardon

hi
Yes,you can apply for SBI clerk exam or SBi Associate bank clerk exam.You don't need to worry about the exam

Details of recruitment:

Minimum 12th Standard (10 + 2) pass or equivalent qualification with a minimum
OR
ii) A degree (Graduation level) from a recognised university

To apply for the exam visit www.statebankofindia.com. All the best
8th November 2012, 02:58 PM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

Hai,

**you need to secure minimum 60% of marks at 10+2 level to be considered eligible. There is percentage relaxation for the reserved category candidates.

**minimum age limit for giving this exam is 18 years. The upper age limit is 28 years. There is age relaxation for the reserved category candidates.

**For SC/ST candidates there is age relaxation of 5 years

**for OBC candidates it is 3 years

**for physically handicapped candidates it is 10 years.

PATTERN FOR SBI CLERK EXAM

This total time duration is 150 min.

There is no time duration for individual section .

So you should maintain the time for each section .

all the best................
8th November 2012, 04:39 PM
BISWARUPYOGI ..

Eeligibility criteria's for the exam would include such as :

Nationality
Age Limit
Education Qualification

Nationality:Candidate appearing must be a citizen of India

Age Limit:The age limit needed for the exam is that the candidate must have 18-28 years.
There are certain upper age relaxation for other category candidates and they are :

For SC/ST candidates it is 5 years....... For OBC Candidates it is 3 years
8th November 2012, 06:49 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Hi,
SBI is a great bank both for the customers and the employees. But for getting a chance in SBI you need to comply to their marks standard. For SBI you have to get 60% in your higher secondary marks. Only if you belong to the reserved category, then can you go for a 5% relaxation in the marks. Or else it is better to go for consultancy firm jobs, rather than bank jobs. There you will have better growth chances than in banking sectors. So try for them through job portals. One such job portal is www.durgajobs.com.
10th November 2012, 12:47 PM
sirimulla srikanth
Senior Member++

SBI is the one of the biggest national bank in india.

The minimum qualification for write SBI clerk exam is 12th standard from a recognized university of india and must secured 60% marks in 12th standard.

ELIGIBILITY:

12th standard from a recognized university of india

Age limit for this exam is 18 to 27 years

Age relaxation for reserved candidates

Candidate should be a citizen of india

SELECTION PROCESS:

Written exam

Personal Interview

ALL THE BEST.....
12th November 2012, 01:46 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can I apply for SBI Clerk post after passing 12th with 58.2% with grace

Quote:

Eligibility For SBI Clerk Exam

In order to appear for the SBI Clerk Exam..a candidate must fulfill the following conditions :-

>> the candidate must have cleared his 12th with an aggregate of 60% from a recognized board..

>> the candidate must be in the age limit of 18-28 years

Note :- Relaxation in required percentage and age for reserved categories..

I have attached some of the previous year question papers of SBI Clerk Exam along with this for your reference..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Files
File Type: doc CLERK-EXAM-PAPER.doc(66.8 KB, 85 views)
File Type: pdf cerk-exam.pdf(61.9 KB, 107 views)
File Type: doc Clerk SBI-SOLVE-TEST-PAPER-2011.doc(154.5 KB, 97 views)
File Type: zip Clerk SBI.zip(1.18 MB, 32 views)
12th November 2012, 05:16 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend..........

From this year Required Educational Qualification is changed 12th standard to Any Bachelor of degree

From now onwards the minimum educational qualification for SBI Clerks is Any Bachelor of degree from any recognized university

So, friend first complete your graduation first

all the best.......

Regards....
Tash
12th November 2012, 08:00 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,
SBI Clerk exam Eligibility Criteria:
Education qualifications Required:
1.Candidate must have 10+2 with 60% of marks for general candidates
2.55% of marks enough in 10+2 for SC/ST Candidates
3.or Any degree with pass marks from any recognized university
4.Diploma Candidates(Regular) also eligible for this job
Age Limit:
1.Candidate must have at least 18 years for general candidates
2. Maximum age limit is 28 years
3.5 years relaxation in age for SC/ST Candidates
4.3 years relaxation for BC Candidates
So, as per the eligibility criteria, you can apply for SBI Clerks with your graduation percentage
Thank you..................
13th November 2012, 12:48 AM
kumar12337

HI DEAR FRIEND,

The banking sectors should conducts the bank exams separately for bank PO and clerk.If you are interested in the bank PO examination you must complete the graduation from any recognized university.

Eligibility for clerk:

You must complete the intermediate from any recognized university.
Your age should not more than 28 years and not less than 18 years.The upper age limit will be applicable for ST/SC/OBC candidates.
You must have the basic knowledge on computers.
You must have the good communication skills.
You must speak the English fluently.

Eligibility for PO:

You must complete the graduation with 55% of marks from any recognized university.
Your age should not more than 30 years and not less than 21 years.The upper age limit will be applicable for ST/SC/OBC candidates.
You must have the good communication skills.
You must speak the English fluently.And you speak the 3 languages fluently...

Age limitations:

3 years for OBC
5 years for ST/Sc
5 years for Ex-service man
10 years for PH-candidates.

THANK YOU
13th November 2012, 12:58 AM
BITTU 00

you can apply for SBI clerk exam or SBi Associate bank clerk exam.

You don't need to worry about the exam........Minimum 12th Standard (10 + 2) pass or equivalent qualification with a minimum

OR

A degree (Graduation level) from a recognised university

To apply for the exam visit www.statebankofindia.com

BEST OF LUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
23rd December 2012, 10:46 PM
Unregistered

I got 49% marks in 12th(com).can i eligible for clerical post in SBI.plz suggest.
23rd December 2012, 11:15 PM
Cool Srk
Senior Member+

Cool Re: Can I apply for SBI Clerk post after passing 12th with 58.2% with grace

Hi,

SBI stands for State Bank of India .

To become SBI Clerk then you should crack BANK PO exam.

This exam is conducted by State Bank's.
I am sorry but you are not eligible for BANK PO exam.

Eligibility Criteria :
  • Candidate appearing must be a citizen of India
  • Candidate age must be 18-28 years.
  • Age relaxation is there for Cast Students.
  • Candidate must have completed 10+2
  • Candidate 12th marks must be 60% .

For More details visit at :http://www.sbi.co.in
Cool...
9th May 2013, 04:07 PM
Unregistered

sir i am 12th passed with 74% but i am not graduate can i am apply for sbi clerk
please tell me answer
4th June 2013, 04:09 PM
Unregistered

can i apply after 2 only i got 66/ perchant marks
4th June 2013, 10:39 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for SBI Clerical Exam after 12th with 58.2% marks.

The eligible candidate ust be an Indian National having completed 12th in any stream with 60% marks from a recognised Board or having completed Graduation Degree in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 18 to 28 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good Knowledge in Computer operation, can apply for SBI Clerical exam.

For more information you may log on to http://www.statebankofindia.com
6th July 2013, 06:08 PM
Unregistered

can i apply for SBI clerk position having 55% in 12th class and done b.tech in information technology with 69% this year?
23rd August 2013, 02:59 PM
Unregistered

what is the date of registration for the coming state bank of india clerical exam which is on 2 level?
15th September 2013, 10:06 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
I really appreciate your aspiration to apply for Bank Examination . Being, a 12th Standard candidate you're applicable for SBI Clerk Examination .

But, SBI Clerk Examination required Minimum 60% percentage of marks to sit in the Examination, But you h ave scored 58% Percentage of marks in you're 12th Standard .

So, If you belong from SC/ST candidate then you're eligible to apply for this Examination, Otherwise you're not eligible for this Entrance Examination .

And Please don't loose you're Confident , you having chance to entered into the Banking Sector .

Besides, this SBI Clerk Examination ,you may also Apply for SBI PO Examination / IBPS Clerk / PO Examination etc.. To appear in this Entrance Examination, One should be Complete / Final year appearing in graduation course from recognized university are eligible to apply for this Entrance Examination .

So, I suggest you to apply for Bachelor degree course after Completing you're 12th Standard and Score good percentage of marks then definitely you're eligible for Above Entrance Examination .

Age Limit for SBI PO Entrance Examination Minimum 21 years to 30 years and Age limit for IBPS PO Entrance Examination is Minimum 20 yeas to 30 years.

And relaxation will be applicable for SC/ST candidates and obc candidates .

So, Please Complete Graduation course then definitely you may chance to entered into the Banking Sector .

All The Best~
20th September 2013, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

I passed sslc with 74% marks plus two with 52% diploma[approved] with 62% marks .can I apply for sbi bank clerk exam
29th May 2014, 12:16 PM
Unregistered

i pass my 12 cbse board in commerce with 58.2% what i do now what carrier option i choose now.
accoutancy -64
economics-33
english-78
information practices-62
business studies-54
i am also.topper of my class
6th June 2014, 10:21 AM
Unregistered

i got 73.3% in 2.now i m doing b.pharma in 3rd year.
can i apply for this clerk post?
6th June 2014, 10:25 AM
Unregistered

i got 73.3% in 2.now i m doing b.pharma in 3rd year.
can i apply for this clerk post?
20th November 2014, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

I am passed 12th with 70% but I am not having diploma in computer am I eligible for SBI bank clerk exam
20th November 2014, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

I am passed 12th with 70% but I am not having diploma in computer am I eligible for SBI bank clerk exam
9th April 2015, 04:11 PM
Unregistered

Can a 12th passed student apply for bank clerk exam 2015-16?
10th April 2015, 05:45 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria to apply for SBI clerk post are following:-

-The candidate must be an Indian with valid residence certificate.

-The candidate age limit is set to 18 to 28 years for General candidates and reserved category candidates will be shortlisted according to age relaxation norms as per Govt rules.

-The candidate should have passed 12th class with minimum 60% with Computer Diploma.However,the percentage marks required for OBC candidate is 55% and for SC/ST,it is 50%.
10th April 2015, 07:02 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, you are not eligible for appearing in any type of bank examination whether it is SBI examinations or IBPS examination being just completed your 12th .

As the minimum educational qualification for any of the above examination is graduation degree with any stream from a recognized university .

Few other basic qualifications required for the same examinations are as :-

You must be a citizen of India .

For bank clerk job : Your age must be within 20 years 28 years .

For bank PO job :- Your are must be within 21 yeas to 30 years .

Also there is the provision of age relaxation as per government norms .

So, in order to appear in these examination first you should your graduation with a stream of your choice .
30th July 2015, 11:56 AM
john215

Re: Can I apply for SBI Clerk post after passing 12th with 58.2% with grace

After complete your Graduation you are eligible for SBI Clerk exam

SBI Clerk eligibility:-------------

Candidates must complete Gradation in any discipline from a recognized university or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the central government
Those who are final year examination /semester may also appear for SBI Clerk exam 2015
Age limit:
Candidates must not have below 20 years and above 28 years
Schedule Cast (SC)/Schedule Tribe (ST) - 5 years
Other Backward Class (OBC) - 3 years
Persons with Disabilities :
PWD (ST/SC) - 15 years
PWD (OBC) - 13 years
PWD (Gen) - 10 years
Ex-Servicemen - 5 years
19th August 2015, 07:13 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Dear Friend..

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for SBI clerk exam...

Following are the eligibility for SBI clerk exam

Educational qualification criteria
--Candidate must have graduation degree or in final year of graduation can apply for SBI clerk..

Age limit criteria
--20 to 28 years.. Reservation will be given to reserved category students..

**So for filling the SBI clerk exam form you must posses both the criteria... So it's better to firstly do a graduation degree and then start prepare for SBI clerk..

All the best..
21st August 2015, 01:06 AM
JSD.

It is sorry to say you that you can not give the SBI entrance exam with only your +2 qualification.

The basic eligibility criteria for the SBI clerical examination is , to have a bachelor degree in any stream from a recognized university with minimum 60% marks in aggregate. Also the appearing aspirant's age must lie in between 20 years to 28 years.

As you have just completed your +2 so you must have to complete your graduation degree course in any stream with minimum 60% or more than 60% marks in aggregate so that you can be completely eligible for this exam.
23rd April 2016, 11:00 AM
Unregistered

Sir i passed plus two with 86%mark.can i appy for clerical post?when the examination held in 2017?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?