11th January 2012, 06:58 PM
Unregistered

Can i become an Air Hostess if I am a Male?

Can i be a air hostess im a male?..please tell me if there are such chances

25th January 2012, 05:31 PM
krithika.mm

Default Re: Can i become an Air Hostess if I am a Male?

Air hostess as the name suggests (HOSTESS), is only female & not male. But a male can apply for Flight Steward jobs.

Eligibility to be an Air Hostess/Flight Steward:

10+2 graduate with a diploma/degree in tourism management/hotel management.

An Air Hostess aspirant is expected to be proficient in the required languages (usually English, Hindi and one foreign language) and a graduate in any subject or diploma holder in hotel management from a recognized university / institute.

A female aspirant may be below 25 and a male counter part should be below 26 years of age and should hold an Indian passport.

Height of at least 157.5 centimeters for female and 163cm for male, with weight proportionate to the height as per the standards set.

Unmarried status and perfect eyesight and health are other important factors considered as well as a clear complexion and a pleasing personality.

All the best!
25th January 2012, 06:50 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

No, you can’t become an Air Hostess as it is a special domain for young girls who look forward for an exciting career in the aviation industry. You have the option to apply for the steward post. The minimum qualification required to apply for the post is graduation degree in Tourism Management or Hotel Management. But the same is not compulsory. The upper age limit for the post is 25 years.
25th January 2012, 06:52 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

No, you can’t become an Air Hostess as it is a special domain for young girls who look forward for an exciting career in the aviation industry. You have the option to apply for the steward post. The minimum qualification required to apply for the post is graduation degree in Tourism Management or Hotel Management. But the same is not compulsory. The upper age limit for the post is 25 years.
25th January 2012, 08:17 PM
Dilip Bista

Yes ,you can join as a flight steward.There are many private institute which offers a one year course ,like frankfinn institute..etc , you can also give your interview directly after passing 12 standard , fair complexion , 165 cm height , weight propotionate to your height , good communication skills in English and Hindi are some of the basic required .

All the best.
25th January 2012, 08:48 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Can i become an Air Hostess if I am a Male?

Hi

If you are a male, then I am really sorry that you cannot become an Air hostess as this profession is only for females.

Being a male, you can always apply for Ground Staff Jobs, Flight Attendants and Flight Steward jobs.

I am listing the main requirements that a candidate must meet to apply for jobs in such professions:

1. You should be a minimum Graduate in tourism management/hotel management from any recognized college or university in India. Even other streamed students may apply for this.

2. Female applicants have to be below 25 years in age and the Males should be below 26 years of age.

3. Should be well versed in at least 3 languages English, Hindi and any one foreign language

4. One must hold a valid Passport at the time of appointment and further.

5. Coming to the Physical Requirements the height of females should be at least 157.5 cms and of males should be 163 cms. The Weights have to be proportionate to the height as per the standards.

6. Bold, Pleasant, Humble and Charming personalities would be preferred. Have to be Unmarried at the time of applying, and a clear skin is also expected.

So if you fulfill these, then certainly you can apply for these jobs. You can contact the Airport authorities for more details, or in the corporate offices of Airlines.

All the best.
25th January 2012, 09:29 PM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

No, Male candidate can not become Air hostess.Only female candidates are eligible for that.

To join in this career the candidate age should be between 17 to 24 years.

Height must be at least 157 cm.

The minimum qualification is 12th pass.

Candidate should look beautiful slim personality with good eye vision and communication skill.
25th January 2012, 09:45 PM
qwertyuiop2758

Dear
As the name suggests, Air Hostess is the name given to females... If you are a male, then, you can always apply for Ground Staff Jobs, Flight Attendants and Flight Steward jobs..
The main requirements that a candidate must meet to apply for jobs in such professions:

1. You should be a minimum Graduate in tourism management/hotel management from any recognized college or university in India.

2. Male applicants should be below 26 years of age.

3. Should be well versed in at least 3 languages English, Hindi and any other foreign language.

5. Coming to the Physical Requirements the height males should be 163 cms. The Weights have to be proportionate to the height as per the standards.

6. Bold, Pleasant, Humble and Charming personalities would be preferred.They have to be Bachelors at the time of applying.
Thankyou
Aishwarya Mehrotra
18th February 2012, 07:30 PM
Unregistered

i want to give an opertiunity in male airhstus
4th June 2012, 11:25 AM
Unregistered

is there any way to go for airways for males
26th January 2013, 02:17 PM
Unregistered

I m study in 12 Science after i complete my study and join in air hostess so i can which course do ???
15th July 2013, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility for becoming a flight steward admisson at frankfinn.?
11th October 2013, 07:08 PM
Unregistered

IAM RAHUL NAIR FROM HYDERABAD PERSUING INTERMEDIATE FOR OPEN SCHOOL I WANT TO BE AN AIR HOSTESS AM I SUITABLE ?
5th April 2014, 03:22 AM
Unregistered

I m doing B.TECH and now in 3rd year.can i m eligible for any type of job on airport
22nd May 2014, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

I have done my Diploma, But with Unplesant personality, am I eligible for Air Hostess (or) stewards Jobs for male? If so how to approach and how to get placed? Any consultancies or third party company hiring the same??? plz reply...
4th July 2014, 03:30 PM
Unregistered

I had completed my class 12 and i wanted to do flght steward job ? Is may i suitable.
25th August 2014, 10:56 AM
Unregistered

What are the qualifiaction required for flight stewards and the other post that are for male ? Kindly can u tell me ??
21st September 2014, 03:15 PM
Unregistered

some people are saying that male can become AIR HOSTESS but some people are saying that male can not become so i'm confused .
11th March 2015, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

I have completed only 10th standers n my age is 23 present can I become flight stewards ?????
15th May 2015, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

I want to join in airhostess ..so I completed my inter second year...wt was the courses which suitable.
For males
31st May 2015, 06:51 PM
Unregistered

I was doing diploma but before some time i leave that because i am failed in 4rth semester now i am parsuing 12th of science i want to be airhostes but i am male can i become airhostes if i am male plz replay
18th September 2015, 12:31 AM
Unregistered

I have completed only 10th standers n my age is 19 present can I become flight stewards ????? my cont. no.09996323473 my name ajay
12th July 2016, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

I'm a b.tech graduate in computer science and I want to be an Air Hostess. My age is 23. Can I be an Air hostess ?
29th March 2017, 07:34 AM
Unregistered

I'm doing my Training on Hospitality & Tourist management after which can i become a flight steward?
30th June 2017, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

I am from Nepal but I would like to train for air hostess in India.if it is possible do I need to have Indian passport for applying.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?