1st April 2015, 12:52 PM
Akilandeswari Sr

Can I become an Assistant Professor of Mathematics in any Government college if pursuing PhD in Mathematics and Teaching in Private college?

Sir,
I have completed my M.Sc. in Computer Application.
I'm pursuing my PhD in Mathematics.
I'm Teaching in Private college in Maths department.
Will I get government college as Assistant Professor in Mathematics?

1st April 2015, 10:56 PM
kunalroy89

Default Re: Can I become an Assistant Professor of Mathematics in any Government college if pursuing PhD in Mathematics and Teaching in Private college?

One can be Assistant professor in Govt college by qualifying in NET (All India) or SET(particular state). The eligiblity criteria are 55% marks in post graduation for general and 50% for reserved categories. There is no limit on age and number of attempts for the post of Assistant professor although the upper age limit for Junior Research Fellowship or JRF program through NET is 28years.
Moreover as you are pursuing Ph.D ,you need to have only 50% marks in M.Sc instead of 55%.
But the problem is NET/SET allows candidates to appear only in the paper of their postgraduation i.e. If you have passed M.Sc Maths then only you can appear for Maths paper and subsequently be selected for Maths Assistant Professor.
But there are certain related papers for subjects which are kind of intermixed.
There is subject of Computer Science and Application so unfortunately you have to appear for that only and not Mathematics.
You can check the website of UGC NET to know more details
5th April 2015, 11:08 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I become an Assistant Professor of Mathematics in any Government college if pursuing PhD in Mathematics and Teaching in Private college?

Sir,
I have currently finished my 12th and waiting for my results.I want to become a lecturer in Mathematics.What are the things I would have to do after completing myM.Sc?
23rd November 2020, 04:02 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I have currently finished my under graduation in mechanical engineering,. I want to become a leacturer in mathematics. What are the things to do?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?