23rd September 2013, 12:33 AM
Unregistered

How to do Ph.D in Mathematics after finishing MSc Mathematics

I have finished my M.Sc. Mathematics with First class. I am presently working as an assistant professor for mathematics in a private Management owned engineering college. How to get Ph.D ? Please help me out .

23rd July 2014, 10:12 AM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to do Ph.D in Mathematics after finishing MSc Mathematics

You should atleast complete masters degree with minimum 55 per cent. You also need to complete UGC Net exam. At some universities, they conduct written tests along with interview. You also need to submit a thesis synopsis with the guide. For Ph.d, going by the UGC rules, candidates has to clear entrance exam like NET and then an interview for getting admitted to Ph.D program. As part of the curriculum, student needs to complete course work for requisite credits. You also need to complete the credits through coursework, a formal proposal of synopsis devised with consultation of the guide. For engineers and doctors, some universities allow exception to this rule and can directly seek admission.
The minimum qualification needed for the appointment of lecturer/assistant professor is NET/SLET. Anyone with the PhD degree as per the University Grants Commission Regulations will be exempted from the NET/SLET exam. So, if you have cleared all or any one of the tests makes you eligible for the job. First of all, you need to finish the PH.D to seek a job.
23rd July 2014, 10:32 AM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

You should atleast complete masters degree with minimum 55 per cent. You also need to complete UGC Net exam. At some universities, they conduct written tests along with interview. You also need to submit a thesis synopsis with the guide. For Ph.d, going by the UGC rules, candidates has to clear entrance exam like NET and then an interview for getting admitted to Ph.D program. As part of the curriculum, student needs to complete course work for requisite credits. You also need to complete the credits through coursework, a formal proposal of synopsis devised with consultation of the guide. For engineers and doctors, some universities allow exception to this rule and can directly seek admission.
The minimum qualification needed for the appointment of lecturer/assistant professor is NET/SLET. Anyone with the PhD degree as per the University Grants Commission Regulations will be exempted from the NET/SLET exam. So, if you have cleared all or any one of the tests makes you eligible for the job. First of all, you need to finish the PH.D to seek a job.
20th November 2014, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

I have finished my msc mathematics with 76% in 2013. I have qualified ugc-csir net exam in Dec 2013. What will I do for getting a good job in teaching line in college.
4th December 2015, 11:01 PM
Unregistered

What if a person clear his intermidiate in three year but he is first division in cosecutive year,
Is he can appear in net exam.
9th January 2021, 07:39 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have passed BSc maths with only 60%.but I want to do msc in mathematics and then phd also. Can I. Please tell me?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?