20th August 2014, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

Whether I should go for B.Sc mathematics from a good college or engineering from a private non-valued college?

I've got 90%in cbse (non medical) but have failed to get good ranks in engineering entrance exams. I am interested in mathematics and computers but am confused. Whether I should go for B.Sc mathematics from a good college or engineering from a private non-valued college????

21st August 2014, 11:23 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether I should go for B.Sc mathematics from a good college or engineering from a private non-valued college?

It's good that you have scored 90% marks in 10+2 PCM. If you are not getting a good engineering college according to the rank then you shouldn't take admission in Engineering because quality education with good placement is what matters these days. So, stay away from sub standard private engineering colleges which will be very costly compared to simple graduation from a reputed college.

If you are getting admission in Graduation in Maths or any other subject in a reputed University then, surely it will be good for your career and also it will cost very less for you. So if you are getting admission in a Government University of good repute then go for it because they offer far more than these private engineering colleges.

You have got 90% marks which will certainly help you in getting admission into a good University as the admission is based on the marks obtained in 10+2. Delhi University is the most popular option for student and cutoff for admission usually goes quite high in it for admission into B.Sc course.

Hence apply for admission into top Universities and hope for the best.

Regards,
Ajay Gupta
22nd August 2014, 10:10 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether I should go for B.Sc mathematics from a good college or engineering from a private non-valued college?

You should go for the discipline of study in which you are interested and comfortable. There is a huge scope in the engineering field. Even the scope in simple graduation in Mathematics is not small but it is lesser than engineering. Since you are interested in Mathematics and Computers, so it will be better for you to go for engineering field in Computer Science field. This is because engineering is more about application and in modern world one can start working sitting at home and earn a good amount. However, if the BSc. college is very good, then you can go for BSc. Mathematics. Make sure you get into a field in which you enjoy and you are comfortable.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?