18th November 2010, 08:58 PM
Sweta Bose

Can I become an Astronaut without Mathematics?

Dear sir,

My name is Sweta Bose and I am studying in 11th grade in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. I am studying Physics , Chemistry, Biology alongwith English and Fine Arts. I am very very interested in becoming an astronaut. I can't change my stream now because my Gulf Board Exams are going to be held in February.I have taken part in one seminar and one debate which was held in my class which my teacher told was excellent and therefore I think I have good interactive skills.

Can you please tell me if I can become an astronaut without Mathematics?

Hoping for an immediate reply.

Thank You.

18th November 2010, 10:23 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Unhappy Re: Can I become an Astronaut without Mathematics?

sorry sweta but mathematics is basic subject required for any astronaut but you can opt for related thing like cosmologist related to that but for astronaut maths is must...
19th November 2010, 12:53 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become an Astronaut without Mathematics?

dear friend

To become an astronaut you have to take aeronautical or aerospace engineering Or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in engineering, biological science, physical science, or mathematics.

And your Degree must be followed by at least three years of related progressively responsible, professional with experience.

But, Quality of academic preparation is important, if you are interested to become a astronauts.

If you are interested to know more about, how to become an astronauts, then please read the following given attach files -
Attached Files
File Type: docx How to become a Astronauts.docx(13.9 KB, 238 views)
19th November 2010, 06:39 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

dear friend for being an astronaut you need either aeronautical or aerospace engineering and these standard courses need mathematics cumpulsory. so you are not elligible. if you are very keen to join then add maths in your extra subject. then complete b.tech in the above mentioned branch and reach closer towards your goal.
19th November 2010, 07:10 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii

an Astronaut without Mathematics
To become an astronaut you have to take aeronautical or aerospace engineering Or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in engineering, biological science, physical science, or mathematics.

And your Degree must be followed by at least three years of related progressively responsible, professional with experience.

But, Quality of academic preparation is important, if you are interested to become a astronauts.

good luck.
19th November 2010, 09:07 AM
mishra245

No, dear there is no need of mathematics for astronaut.
NASA's "minimum degree requirement" for an astronaut is a bachelor's from an accredited institution, so work hard in your chosen classes. Your grades should allow you to enroll in a good Master of Science program.
The requirements are:

One of the following.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
Bachelor's Degree in Biological Science
Bachelor's Degree in Physical Science
Bachelor's Degree in Maths.
So after your 12th standard you done your bechlor degree with any one of them given above.
19th November 2010, 10:35 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweta Bose View Post
Dear sir,

My name is Sweta Bose and I am studying in 11th grade in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. I am studying Physics , Chemistry, Biology alongwith English and Fine Arts. I am very very interested in becoming an astronaut. I can't change my stream now because my Gulf Board Exams are going to be held in February.I have taken part in one seminar and one debate which was held in my class which my teacher told was excellent and therefore I think I have good interactive skills.

Hoping for an immediate reply.

Thank You.
well sweta only passing 12 will not be enough to become astrunot because
at least you need a bachelor's degree in aero space from revognised university.

first you take that degreee and then apply an exam conducted by NASA
good luck
30th November 2010, 10:54 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

hi friend,

To become astronaut as a eligibility you have completed your btech with aerospace engineering which ultimately involves mathematics.

So without mathematics you cant become an astonaut
23rd December 2010, 06:19 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
My name is Irvin kaur Chawla and I am studying in U.P., India. I am in 8th standard and I want to know what stream would be most beneficial and helpful to become an astronaut.
29th December 2010, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,
My name is Reshma Ramesh.I am studying in 11grade Riyadh,Soudi Arabia.I am studying Physics,Chemistry and Biology along with English and Multimedia and webtechnology. I would like to know about the different courses(other than medicine) that I could take after my 12grade.
Hopping for an immediate reply.
Thank You.
30th December 2010, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

Absoluetly NOT !

Unfortunately You are not eligible to become an astronaut without having Maths at 10 2 as Maths and Physics are compulsary subject to move a forward in Science and research field. Students without having maths generally opt for Medical field, you can also make a successfull career in Medical Science like Microbiology, Nanotachnology, synthetic technology, etc.
9th February 2011, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

HEY I HAVE SCORED 55% IN 12TH SCIENCE(PCM) AM I ELLIGIBLE FOR B.TECH I.T. AT CHENNAI?????????
PLZ RLY
17th February 2011, 01:09 PM
Unregistered

my maths so week then what i have do .And WHICH SUBJECT
11th March 2011, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

I AM IN SEVENTH and my Maths is weak dont know whether my Maths will improve or not.
I really want to become an astronaut so do tell me that without Maths nothing can be done but yes I am really good in Science.
So,do reply soon
16th March 2011, 07:05 PM
Unregistered

Which subject is needed to be taken in class 11 biology or computer science to become an astronaut ? Can i become an astronaut if i take biology with maths ?
16th March 2011, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

Which subject is needed to be taken in class 11 to become an astronaut biology or computer science ? can i become an astronaut if i take biology with maths ?
10th April 2011, 01:43 PM
Unregistered

Which subject is needed to be taken in class 11th to become an astronaut biology or computer science ? can i become an astronaut if i take biology with maths ?
5th September 2011, 05:50 PM
Unregistered

i am in 10 class i want to become astronaut. can i become astronaut without being an engineer
7th November 2011, 03:20 PM
rudramishra

NASA's "minimum degree requirement" for an astronaut is a bachelor's from an accredited institution, so work hard in your chosen classes. Your grades should allow you to enroll in a good Master of Science program.
The requirements are:

One of the following.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
Bachelor's Degree in Biological Science
Bachelor's Degree in Physical Science
Bachelor's Degree in Maths.
14th November 2012, 07:33 PM
Unregistered

Post Re: Can I become an Astronaut without Mathematics?

[QUOTE= praveen,

My name is praveen and I am studying in 11th grade in I am studying Physics , Chemistry, Biology alongwith English and Fine Arts. I am very very interested in becoming an astronaut. I can't change my stream now because my Gulf Board.I have taken part in one seminar and one debate which was held in my class which my teacher told was excellent and therefore I think I he good interactive skills.

23rd December 2021, 08:05 AM
Unregistered

My name is Sradhanjali Sahu and I am studying in 12th science grade in I am studying Physics , Chemistry , Biology along with English and Hindi . I am very very interested in becoming an astronaut.I can't change my stream now because of my CBSE BOARD exam. So i dont have Mathematics in my subject so how can i become astronaut....?? After 12th what subject should be choose for become an astronaut..?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?