10th June 2016, 05:50 PM
Unregistered

What to study after 10th to become an Astronaut? Proper way to be followed to become an Astronaut?

Hello sir, I am Jaimin, presently pursuing 8th standard and I am willing to become an Astronaut. Which subject should I with right after 10th Class in order to become an Astronaut. Please guide me in a proper way in such way that I’ll become an Astronaut. Thanks in advance

11th June 2016, 01:41 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to study after 10th to become an Astronaut? Proper way to be followed to become an Astronaut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I am Jaimin, presently pursuing 8th standard and I am willing to become an Astronaut. Which subject should I with right after 10th Class in order to become an Astronaut. Please guide me in a proper way in such way that I’ll become an Astronaut. Thanks in advance
It's good see that you are interested to become an Astronaut. Give more Importance to Science stream, especially Physics and Mathematics subject. Choose the science stream along with Physics and Math as a subject at 11th and 12th standard. After studying science in school, you'll know whether you're actually really interested in science subjects, or not. If you still think you want to become an Astronaut, then you should pursue the B.Tech. in Aerospace Engineering course, from the reputed Institution.

- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay)
Official website - www.iitb.ac.in

- PEC University of Technology
Official website - www.pec.ac.in

- Bengal Engineering and Science University
Official website www.becs.ac.in
11th June 2016, 05:00 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to study after 10th to become an Astronaut? Proper way to be followed to become an Astronaut?

In order to become an Astronaut you should have completed your +2 with science and should have a Bachelor's degree in Biological science, engineering, mathematics or physical science from a recognized University.

You need to have a PhD degree after completion of the course in and one of the following mentioned below;

> Astrophysics.

> Geophysics.

> Metaphysics.

After all the qualification, you will have to appear for examination conducted by NASA and after clearing the examination with the cut-off marks, you will be very much eligible to become an Astronaut.
16th April 2017, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir please suggest me all the subject's which I need to choose in my 11th standard to become an astronaut.
13th September 2017, 11:47 AM
Unregistered

Now I am in 10th std my very dream is to become a astronaut. Which stream I chose after tenth for becoming a astronaut which study I do after tenth to become a astronaut in nasa
19th September 2017, 01:59 PM
sapphire1

It is good that you thought about astronauts and you select your goal in 8th class. To become astronauts you have to take non-medical stream in 11th class. And you have to score good marks in 11th as well in 12th class.

In the non-medical stream, you have to take Physics, Chemistry, and mathematics as the main subjects. And you have to score minimum 60% marks in all subjects.

After the 12th class with minimum 60% marks. And remember that you should do the 12th class from a recognized board.

After 12th you can apply for JEE exam which is an entrance exam for B.Tech. It is a common written exam that means after scoring good marks in JEE you can apply for any good university for B.tech.

So, start doing preparation for JEE exam that will make you score good marks in JEE first attempt. You will get maximum 3 attempts for clear JEE.

You should choose B.tech in aerospace or aeronautical engineering for becoming an astronaut.
18th October 2017, 11:10 AM
Unregistered

Thank you for giving us idea and the important course to become an astronaut
16th June 2018, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

I am in 7 standard and i want to become a astronaut.What things should be done to become a astronaut in NASA?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?