24th March 2015, 06:32 PM
badass00

Can I become a Game Programmer if pursue Bachelor of Computer Application?

I am in 12th and going to finish it and I am planning to take BCA (Bachelor of Computer Application) and I am interested in taking Game Development as my job so I read some article some people said that is better to take Computer courses, degree rather Game degree so I planned to do BCA and then do my postgraduate degree in Gaming so my question is that BCA will help me to be Game programmer? It is a good choice? I know that they won't teach anything about game in BCA but it has programming which can help me a lot in game programming.

25th March 2015, 12:16 PM
MECHANICAL POWER

Default Re: Can I become a Game Programmer if pursue Bachelor of Computer Application?

Dear Friend,
To become a game programer you need to study in field of software application or related course.
@ You must have strong background in math and science, as well as an understanding of gaming,

After that you become a game programer .
Thank you..
25th March 2015, 09:46 PM
Chandrprakash34
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I become a Game Programmer if pursue Bachelor of Computer Application?

Hi Dear badass00,
As far my knowledge is concern that B.C.A or any other degree is not required for developing Game.All Games are programs in some languages like java,C++ etc.So if you have the complete knowledge about it and if you are good at programming in these fields then it will be easy to develop any Game.As you told that you want to do B.C.A if you do this and don't work in programming then it is not easy to develop any Game.
So dear friend first of all,work in programming and develop your skills in Programming.Then it will be easy to you to develop Games.Friend work hard in it.
Best of Luck
26th March 2015, 08:59 AM
mohitvats86

Video games are very popular in kids and youngsters. It's a lucrative career. If your game is a success you can be a millionaire. To become a game programmer after BCA read online/offline video game programming magazines.
Video game productions involves level designers to make it more fun, programmers to write the source-code and scripts, 3D modelers to craft the player and artists to design the box and advertising materials.
Join a multimedia and animation course and programming course at JAVA, MAYA Academy or others famous institutes offering these courses.
17th April 2017, 11:57 AM
Unregistered

I am in 11th class i have commerce with computer i wanna be a game developer i wanna do game programming & also 3D animations can you please suggest me which type of course is to do necessary
17th July 2017, 08:38 PM
Unregistered

I am in class 11 commerce with computer and maths. I want to participate in gaming competitions, so which course is suitable for me after 12 ?
19th July 2017, 04:29 PM
GopinKumar

Smile Re: Can I become a Game Programmer if pursue Bachelor of Computer Application?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in class 11 commerce with computer and maths. I want to participate in gaming competitions, so which course is suitable for me after 12 ?
Hai.. The best suitable course for your interesting career is B.Design or B.Sc Design in Gaming. It will help you to build a career in Game designing,animation etc. best institutes for pursuing this course are Asian Institute, Lovely Professional University,. Zee Institute etc.
30th July 2017, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

I am in class 12. I like to become a game programmer after 12th. I had a doubt. For example take a bachelors degree:B.Sc in game design. It is common degree pursued by a student who like to pursue a career in gaming industry. Then after achieving my degree how can I become a programmer? Is it based on result I got in programming subjects? Or can I select my preferred stream when I will start my degree?
17th November 2017, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

What should i do to become a computer programmer after passing 12th commerce without maths?
27th February 2018, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

Now studying in 2nd PUC (PCMC). Am planning to join Seamadu Poona for game development course.
After 3 years completion, Do I get a job in software industry As a programmer? ( If I don't get a job in gaming industry)
21st May 2019, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

I am a arts stream student with maths.I take B.C.A degree. Do I become a game developer?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?