31st May 2021, 12:20 PM
deepanshu mehta

Can I change my branch from IT to CS in GATE?

I have IT branch in B.tech and I want to give GATE exam can I change my branch from IT to CS in gate exam or gate exam also held in IT stream?

1st June 2021, 02:29 PM
$aurav

Default Re: Can I change my branch from IT to CS in GATE?

GATE exam or Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineers is a test which is conducted every year by IITs such as Delhi and Bombay for admission to M.Tech courses and for PSU vacancies.

GATE exam is commonly conducted for CS and IT branches. You need to apply under the CS branch. Even a IT branch student can apply for the gate exam. So, There is no need to change the branch for this.

Still, if you want to change the stream then you can apply for change of stream in your department and depending on the available seats you may study in the CS branch.
2nd June 2021, 09:28 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I change my branch from IT to CS in GATE?

✓ Yes, you can change. Admission to some of the branches needs valid GATE score in the same department that one wants to change. For example, if someone wants to change for Electrical Engineering to Computer Science in M. Tech, he needs to have a valid GATE score in Computer and IT stream.

For further more details you can google.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?