23rd June 2015, 08:30 PM
shreya dipak joat

Can I do BSc Maths or BSc CS after doing IAS

I want to be an ias so what can i do bsc mathsor bsc cs what has more scope

7th July 2015, 03:36 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I do BSc Maths or BSc CS after doing IAS

For IAS, you have to crack the IAS exam which is conducted by the UPSC(Union Public Service Commission).
Other than IAS, IPS and IFS are also selected from the same exam based on the ranks.

First of all you need to understand that the basic eligibility criteria

1. Graduation from any recognized university of India

2. Age limit- 21 to 30 years as on 1st August of the year in which exam is conducted.

3. India Citizen

So, the advise is to choose an appropriate graduation course for yourself and then after completing it, prepare for the IAS exam and then strike for IPS.

The exam is irrespective of the graduation course. You can give the IAS exam after doing-
- B.tech
- BA
- B.com
- B.sc
- B.arch
- B.pharma
so it is irrelevant.

But the advise is that, if you seriously want to crack IAS, then go for the course which does not put lot of pressure of you and you are able to take out time for the preparation of IAS.

Also, there are certain tips which you can follow and can help you in your preparation-

1) Read newspaper everyday. Subscribe to "THE HINDU". No other newspaper.

2) But, GEOGRAPHY, HISTORY, POLITY needs to be given time. Start taking time for this right away. Go through NCERT. Make a goal to read at least half chapter each day.

4) In the final year of your graduation, i will recommend you to join some coaching class. Its not that you will gain knowledge there. But your knowledge will be brushed up and also the competitive surroundings will accelerate your chances to clear the exam.

SO, take up any course, which allows you time to prepare for the prestigious exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?